★★ Attention: iPhone/iOS Users ★★

Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

★★ Attention: iPhone/iOS Users ★★

Post by Talolan »

In just a few days, Apple will be releasing the latest iOS update as well as the new iPhone. The upcoming iOS update may cause iPhone Mobile Authenticators to reset. When you update your phone's OS, we recommend taking any one of the following precautionary steps:
  • Sign up for the free SMS Protect service. In the event of a lost, broken, or accidentally reset authenticator, users with SMS Protect can remove the old authenticator from their account with a texted security code. For more information, visit the SMS Protect FAQ.
  • Write down your authenticator's Serial Number and Restore Code so that you may restore your authenticator to your phone after the OS update is finished. You may also wish to take a screenshot of this information.
  • Temporarily remove the authenticator before updating. Reattach the authenticator again once your iOS update is complete. You can remove the authenticator through our Web Chat option if necessary by contacting the Blizzard Support page and selecting Battle.net > I have an issue managing my account > I want to remove my authenticator > Live chat. You will be required to attach government issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, military ID) or the previous Battle.net Mobile Authenticator serial number. Customer Support will not be able to assist otherwise.

If Live Chat shows offline, refresh the web page and try again, clear your cookies & cache within your current browser, or use another browser entirely. Keep in mind Live Chat is available during phone hours only.
  • Update over Wi-Fi. iPhones that are updated over Wi-Fi rather than through a computer are less prone to accidental resets.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Re: ★★ Attention: iPhone/iOS Users ★★

Post by Zyera »

I've been hearing about this. Thanks for posting it.
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Intisar
Duke
Duke
Realm: RIFT

Post by Intisar »

I believe SWTOR players using the mobile authenticator need to do the same.
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

Intisar wrote:I believe SWTOR players using the mobile authenticator need to do the same.
The reports I'm seeing say that the SWTOR authenticator is currently crashing within a few seconds of opening.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Valikk
Duke
Duke
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: Recruited by Zyera
Recruit - 04/22/2012
Squire - 07/29/2012
Knight - 05/21/2013
DMG; KP - 07/20/2013
Champion - 10/24/2013
DMG; DM - 03/19/2014
Baron - 03/19/2014
Count - 07/24/2016
Duke - 10/10/2017

Post by Valikk »

Good to know. Looks like I won't be updating anytime soon.

SWTOR - Witherbane Legacy
GW2 - Valikk.3810
Poxi
Baron
Baron

Post by Poxi »

Yeah, my wife updated to iOS7 tonight and I came home to a major catastrophe. apparently the update decided to freeze mid-install and it put her phone into protect mode. Of course, being the great husband that I am, I tried to fix it for her (by downloading a force-recovery/end-recovery program) and ended up breaking her phone even more (whereas the device was not even recognizable by i-tunes). After hours of frustration we finally worked it out and luckily a previous restore point was saved in I-tunes which allowed us to recover all of her data. It did, however, cause me to abandon my comrades on the Sith Side during tonight's scheduled TFB run in order to spend some quality time (3 hours) getting to know everything there was to know about apple data recovery.

Long story short: Get Cloud and keep it updated.

No Cloud = No Raidtime!

(also, sorry for bailing on you guys, 9 month pregnant wife upset about phone > All)

-Poxi
Yago Dash - Jedi Sage
Baron - DMG Member
NEW OUTRIDERS - Ebon Hawk Server

:bunny <-Beware the Bunny of Doom!

Return to “Information & Updates”