House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Re: Epic Dungeon Progression Aug 2013 -

Post by Tundrra »

No worries:) we will take our time and progress through it all and have fun:)
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

@Torn, you're doing great! I mean, you just went from Cragmire straight to Castle Never, and you're holding your own!

@tundrra, next time we head into that Castle, we need another CW, namely Thorgrim. There are too many adds for just one wizard to deal with.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

Phelaia wrote:
@tundrra, next time we head into that Castle, we need another CW, namely Thorgrim. There are too many adds for just one wizard to deal with.
I emailed intructions on forum registration and the signup post to Thorgrim so hopefully we will get him in some zones with us.
*NOR/LD-High Council
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Squired 7/22/2013

Post by Phelaia »

Dungeon: Epic Malabog's Castle
Date: 11/21/2013
Team: Hrothnor (DPS GWF), Tyrandil (CC GWF), Thorgrim (CC CW), Phelaia (DPS CW), Madaline (Healer from NW Legit Community)

The original plan for the night was Epic Karrundax, but someone (probably our brave Hrothnor) mentioned Malabog, and since 4 of us already have the key, with a little encouragement from Hrothnor, we picked up some Potions of Red Cap Slaying with Formorian Concoctions (very important!), and off we went to Malabog.

The number of adds along the way aren't that different from Castle Never, and it's best to have TWO wizards cross firing them and keep them prone. The monsters are all the ones we've seen before in Sharandar, except now they all hit like a ton of bricks even the tiny ones. Powries are the most dangerous because they drain your Action Points with red laser beams!

Boss #1 was Krol Nightforge. Our first wipe was at 30% when the Totemist spawned. We tried to ignore the Witherers and DPS the Totemist, but the Witherers are healing the Totemist to full repeatedly. We went back, and this time when the Tomtemist spawns, we ignored him and DPS'ed the boss as best as we could. That did it.

Boss #2 was "yet another competing adventuring party." This was an easy fight...PVP style.

Boss #3 was King of Malabog. Per Madaline's advice, we fought in the corner of the room, but the CW still had to keep the adds off of the GWFs. It was an interesting experience fighting in such close quarters, but there was no wipe.

Boss #4 was this dragon named Fulminorax that throw tantrums by stomping, flapping his wings, and shooting lightning out of his mouth. Oh, and he does a strafing run of insta-kill lightning on the entire map at 70% and 30%. All the while Valindra is sitting on a hill zapping everyone with purple lightning, and she comes down into the arena to either choke one of us to death or create a portal that summons humongous wights. Both Madaline and Hrothnor told the rest of us that the key to winning is to save our Daily powers and unload on Valindra as soon as she screams and comes down from the hill. No biggie, right? Well, once we were in there, the two CWs who specialize in crowd control actually started having some trouble in dealing big burst damage (like in PVP). All of us had trouble generating enough Action Points for our biggest Daily to be up before Valindra comes down from the hill. Neither CW is a crit machine, and their Ice Knife was not enough to instantly get through her approximately 30k HP without setting anything up any stacks. Valindra also took a liking to Phelaia and repeatedly choked her to death 3 times over, but admittedly, Phelaia could use more HP to just withstand this kind of punishment. Each time, Phelaia fell first, then went our lovely and helpful cleric, then went Hrothnor, then Thorgrim and Tyrandil soon followed. We gave this fight four tries, and the last two attempts, we got the dragon down to half.

Madaline was a huge help through our adventure. I am quite proud of the fact that we got as far as we did.

:hailnor
Phelaia Fiendline
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

Very impressive, Great work!
*NOR/LD-High Council
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Squired 7/22/2013

Post by Phelaia »

Some good tips for future runs to Malabog:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showth ... re+malabog
Phelaia Fiendline
Hrothnor
Baron
Baron
Record: Recruited sometime around late 1998 in The Realm.

Post by Hrothnor »

I am also brewing up Potions of Power ( they give 25% AP instantly). Also considering remapping Slam to a diff key stroke so I dont use it by accident. That style of combat using slam to interrupt her casting of a portal worked very well. Fulminorax does die... I have the screen shot of me yawning next to his decaying corpse =D
Hrothnor
Baron
Baron

Post by Hrothnor »

Ok have made many trips now and some have gone really well. Maelstorm of Chaos ( spelling?) is th CW spell most used to stop Vals casting or direct damage, which takes alot. The next best thing is something a TR can do and SLAM from a GWF. I have my slam timed now that I can hit her about every other time. I have brewed Potions of Power and they help alot.. but they are about 3k each or so and not cheap. Tyr had the plan for SLAM and I showed another group this and I got the "great now do it everytime" lol. Its seems that SLAM if the only option MUST be used ONLY when she is to open a portal. Its almost "wasted" on her death choke hold... since we can be rezzed. Just some things to think about.
Hrothnor
Baron
Baron

Post by Hrothnor »

Ok so after another 5 runs and no success on final boss, I decided to do more research. As far as I can find or have been told only GWF Slam stops her instantly. So the BEST ran at her is a 2 GWF group or high DPS 3 CW group. I suppose other combinations can work but it all boils down to slam or SAVE your daily power for a mass atack at Val. CW's dont have an instant kill.. its just mass DPS. Most say to have tank keep dragon in middle while EVERYONE hits Val when she comes down... also the gate where you enter gives you cover from Dragon air attack( this was in test server video dont know for sure if it still works). NO RED lines of death right at entrance. I used 13 potion of Power recharging SLAM but o my last run, the main prob was people getting a 1 shot KIA from red streaks, so when they dropped again it was over. As for TR's... this is a quote "Burst damage of the TR is really helpfull for killing valindra asap.".
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

Tonight i know Nimm will be up for trying out Malabog with his GWF:)
*NOR/LD-High Council

Return to “Dungeons”