Firefall

What new games are you looking forward to? Want to set up a branch? Just want to share the excitement? Tell NOR all about it, make your pitch here!
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Re: Firefall

Post by Ojike »

Crafting is done at a specific station found in settlements. Similar to SWTOR's companion crafting system, you give the terminal resources and it makes your item. Once it is finished you can "unload" it at any crafting station, not specifically the one you originally made the order at. The "Improved Thumper" here has a bigger hopper for harvesting resources, but took 30minutes to create.

Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

Another look at crafting, here I've shown how you can choose which resources of a category to use, which leads me to believe the stats of the resources can and will affect what you create.

Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

Here is another shot I took while using my jetpack, the scenery of the game is really nice, despite the character models being fairly "cartoony" but it doesn't take away from the experience, for me anyway.

Ojike *NOR/GR
-John F Kennedy
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

For my last screenshot, here is another look at the BattleFrame Garage. Here I've selected my arms which goes into which weapon I have equipped, what I can switch out with and equip any special ammo I may have unlocked. Viewing different weapons shows a comparison window with what you have equipped.

Ojike *NOR/GR
-John F Kennedy
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

That's all I got, and these only show a fraction of what I really did over the weekend. I was just having so much fun that I didn't think to take a shot of every new thing I encountered. :) I would love to see NORbies get into this and us form an "Army" (Firefall's version of Guilds, as far as I know). Even if it's not a traditional game for us to have a branch in.
Ojike *NOR/GR
-John F Kennedy
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

After I got my Commander's Pack I received 5 Beta Invite keys. I don't know if they are for a weekend or for the rest of the Beta, but I have handed out most to local friends and family, and I have one more to spare. If someone wants to give the game a try message me your email and I'll send it asap.
Ojike *NOR/GR
-John F Kennedy
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Post by Talolan »

Firefall is also adding in built in streaming to Twitch.tv, for anybody that cares.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

Starting this Friday (Feb. 22nd) until midnight Monday (Feb. 25th), Firefall is having an open beta weekend for anyone that enlists.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/betaweekends/

Happen to be a fan of contests, as well as taking videos or screenshots of your games? Down their page just a bit is details and links on their contest for this weekend's event which includes some pretty sweet prizes!

Hope to see some of you online! :hailnor
Ojike *NOR/GR
-John F Kennedy
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

Just wanted to add: After I got my Commander's Pack for the game, I was given 5 Beta Invites that I can hand out to any friend to join in on the beta. I have sent out 4, but have one remaining if anyone wants in before this weekend. Although I would prefer to send it to someone after this weekend after a few people may have gotten the chance to try it, so they know if they want to keep checking it out. Valikk and Zyera have both taken an invite from me, so they can be found in game from time to time. I understand Rallis (and perhaps Zallis) also play, so there are a handful of us to be found. :)

Valikk also mentioned something (and I could be wrong) that he got 5 invites to use once he accepted mine, so the invites might branch out. I'm not expecting 50+ people to all of a sudden want to try the game, but the possibility to get that many in seems doable.
Ojike *NOR/GR
-John F Kennedy
Valikk
Duke
Duke
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: Recruited by Zyera
Recruit - 04/22/2012
Squire - 07/29/2012
Knight - 05/21/2013
DMG; KP - 07/20/2013
Champion - 10/24/2013
DMG; DM - 03/19/2014
Baron - 03/19/2014
Count - 07/24/2016
Duke - 10/10/2017

Post by Valikk »

I'm really enjoying the game so far. Although they haven't done much with story yet, but that's expected since it's still in beta. :tongue2
Running around and just killing stuff for experience is still exciting, also the added touch of random events is nice as well.
I hope this game gets more popular and we get some more Norbies in on the action! :D :hailnor

SWTOR - Witherbane Legacy
GW2 - Valikk.3810

Return to “Discussion”