Sourge Warlock builds

Ziek88
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Re: Sourge Warlock builds

Post by Ziek88 »

The warlock has certainly come a long way. Now that the mod is out for a bit and I've had time to really put the warlock through its paces I redid my build. As always I welcome suggestions, questions or corrections.

I must retract an earlier statement that temptation has no purpose. I was very very very wrong. I was correct that it still is not a healer but the buffs are great. On the damage side of things I am seeing GWF level performance in the Fury build.

You are correct Rain. Damnation still needs love to be viable. I see it as a great beginner path when leveling to 70 and viable in dungeons Castle Never and before. It won't do anything glorious but will help low geared folks learning mechanics. The playstyle is very similar to Hellbringer Fury but with extra toughness and survivability.

My overall final thought is warlock is in a great place right now. It's rotations feel good, the clunkiness is gone and it feels like a powerhouse much like when it originally launched. I hope Cryptic leaves it alone now haha.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Post by tornnomar »

Yeah, she doesn't have issues, but the Perma Puppet can be quite annoying now. Especially in the AI campaign. That dang Puppet aggros and attacks everything!

Dang it! I just have alot of fun playing this class. But not ready to hang up my TR or DC hat yet.
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Post by Ziek88 »

Leveled to 80 last night and had pretty good success in RIQ. Warlock definitely feels very good from a DPS perspective. I am currently looking at needing 6 loadouts to get full potential of the warlock as a Main. Over the next day or two I am going to try to trim that down and see if some variations can overlap.

I will be continually updating this build. Most of the blanks right now are because I can't remember the name. They will be filled in ASAP.

Interesting bit about artifact sets. The old Demon Lord's set may still be BiS. If you are able to hit stat caps with it, it's damge bonus still seems to be the highest of any set. The one that might outperform it is the Wyvern set. Cannot commit to an answer on this yet.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954

Return to “Class Builds”