mod16: Devoted Cleric

Ziek88
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2

mod16: Devoted Cleric

Post by Ziek88 »

I will start with I am not a DC expert. I have some advanced knowledge but I do not regularly play one. I encourage those who do to correct any inaccuracies I provide or add insight from their deeper knowledge pool on this subject.

This mod moves them in to having a DPS path and a Heals path. From what I can see there is a movement towards some direct % buffs but an overall removal of powershare as a whole. This will certainly look like a nerf but without playing in new content it is hard to say. I suspect it will simply be a change of focus and likely a much more enjoyable one. Many DCs in the guild enjoy being able to buff but I can't think of any that actually enjoyed being a power share bot.

The heals path is now "Devout"
Everything about this path seems focused on healing the party. This path largely seems to focus on every ability healing the party either fast, over time or applying "safety checks" that proc in the event of almost death and such. As far as healing goes, seems extremely powerful and valuable.

DPS path is now "Arbitor"
If I'm honest the mechanics of how this works is not readily apparent to me and will require input elsewhere. In regards to queue. This does register as a DPS class.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Re: mod16: Devoted Cleric

Post by tornnomar »

Hmm, Cleric. So many changes....
In reference to the Q, that more than likely hasnt been updated yet, soon one hopes.

So with the loss of divinity what do we do? Panic! or drink Beer? I chose the latter but you all know that already:)

On your screen at right you will see six little dots that get filled in. Once all are full you can hit TAB and activate enhanced mode that affects certain encounters and powers. I.E. making Daunting Light launch instantly instead of the long animation for its build up.
This enhanced ability will appear on your encounter bar represented buy a dashing rectangle around the power that is enhanced.
In Arbiter mode this means that the power will layeth the smacketh downeth. In heal mode, big green numbers will fly around.

Chains, Divine Glow and some others no longer do damage but will have their uses. Forgemasters Flame is a godsend. Its like a bug zapper that you hang in back yard. ZAP ZAP! Seriously FF isn't a joke to the enemy.

I haven't tested nor played the heals build yet, but as yet I have no issues with Tanith as an Arbiter. Just a power bar change to swap out encounters. And since the Dread has been reworked she has become fairly deadly to the enemies of Neverwinter.

More to come as I play her further.
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Post by Ziek88 »

I checked the queue the first week preview went up. Arbiter did register as DPS slot then. I can confirm Warlock Soulweaver registers as healer and Fighter can queue as DPS or Tank pending loadout. Devs have states this as intented as well so a looser queue system is upon us.

In a world where 4 DCs can party in the same dungeon and still meet random queue requirements. They break all the things.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Post by tornnomar »

The more I play Tanith, the more a grip I get on the new Divinity system.

It becomes an absolute priority to keep divinity in stock. The curved bar at left is Divinity, the 6 dots at right are Judgement. Attacking/healing with atwills fill the judgement dots, when all 6 are full you can hit TAB and consume them, refilling your divinity or if full, insta cast certain powers.
Some powers cost divinity to cast (daunting Light, Forgemasters Flame, while others still act like the what we know, cast it and it goes on cool down.
Divinity MGMT is going to key to how clerics go from here. As I still haven't tested the heals build, I can't say how they will do, but if its anything like Arbiter, I'd say they'll do fine.
As for Judgement: seems to be linked to what atwills you are running. You'l either get Yellow dots or red ones. Your encounter powers will react to whatever Judgement they benefit from, then add in you passives. Its still in its infancy, but I can now see how the cleric is going to work. Like I said, I'm getting the concept, just have to figure it all out.
There is still lots of work to be done by Cryptic yet, but its looking like it'll be okay.
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"

Return to “Information & Updates”