Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Hail NOR!

Post by Ojike »

So on a whim I decided to download Neverwinter after a long time away; in fact according to the login screen I haven't touched my Rogue in almost 5 years to this day!

I'd like to test the waters again, and was wondering if there are any tips/hints for a long gone player to dive in without being completely lost. I understand having VIP is a pretty swell thing?

Hope to see some of you soon!

-Ojike
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Ziek88
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Re: Hail NOR!

Post by Ziek88 »

Ojike wrote:So on a whim I decided to download Neverwinter after a long time away; in fact according to the login screen I haven't touched my Rogue in almost 5 years to this day!

I'd like to test the waters again, and was wondering if there are any tips/hints for a long gone player to dive in without being completely lost. I understand having VIP is a pretty swell thing?

Hope to see some of you soon!

-Ojike
I assume you are starting off at level 60 so you'll have a bit till you get into the main events. VIP is sortof once you have it, you will never be able to play the game without it. The perks seem silly but being able to summon a signpost and travel to new areas from anywhere is just so good.

Done well you can use VIP to pay for VIP. The daily keys can earn enough to pay for the next VIP as long as you buy on a sale. Sadly I think the next one isn't until around black Friday if memory serves but well worth the wait. Especially if you are testing the waters. If you do dive back in to the game you can pretty easily farm up the currency to payoff a 6-month (best value) block of VIP by that time.

I've only recently started popping back in myself after a few month hiatus but I'm fairly certain the climate hasn't changed. There is starter gear that can be purchased by long term players for nearly free that help speed along the process and many will happily throw them at you. Seriously duck. It is so much fun throwing things at people.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

Haha thanks Ziek. I think my Rogue is 44. And I may create a new toon if it all feels new to me anyway.
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Post by tornnomar »

Hmm, coming back after 5 years! That's Awesome!

Now is as good a time as any to retake the plunge! Ravenloft is live, and in my opinion as a day 1 player, the best Module they have released.

While leveling a character to 70 is still a tedious task, but leveling in any game is just that:)
Ziek touched on VIP and very correctly described it. I couldn't play the game without it. Travel signpost, bank access, salvage anvil, mailbox, well worth the $$. But as Ziek mentioned, it pays for itself.

As for tips/hints, I'd log in first and see what all has changed. Any questions you have about TR's can be fielded by a few of us who still play a TR as a main.
It would great to have you come back and see whats up with the game:)
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

@Ojike, I wrote up a guide for leveling to 70: https://www.newoutriders.org/forums/vie ... =90&t=6648

Welcome to the Forgotten Realms!
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter

Return to “The Moonstone Mask”