And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Chult: A quickie Guide

Post by tornnomar »

Hail *NOR/

Now that we are into The Lost City Of Omu I thought I'd write up a quickie guide to Chult. This won't go into super detail, but it will touch on the basics including tips and tricks:) First up, The Jungles of Chult!

Mod 13 introduced Chult, Dino rampaging at its best or worst, however you look at it. BUt first, Opening Chult...

Speak to SGT Knox (always gotta be Alphonse Knox:). After a series of cutscenes and fights you'll have opened Chult. Now, first I wanna say if you have low level gear and some AD to spend, stop at the League Gear Vendor any buy some. You will need at least Item Level 420 Gear and up to survive in Chult. You can also obtain Company Gear from the Stronghold Gear Vendor. This gear is good and running Stronghold tasks is also good because it feeds our mimic which helps us all as a Guild!

Now before I go on, Don't come to Chult if you do not have boons from previous areas completed or at least dang close to completion. You will get owned.

The Merchant Prince.

He is your first contact for quests. He will offer a weekly (Merchant Princes Bounty) and some Patrol Quests.
The weekly is just that, a weekly. Take your time and it will complete. This weekly requires you to take a Shosenstar River quest given by one of the 4 quest givers in Camp Righteous, slay a Hunt Mark, and complete Chultan Trials.

The Shosenstar River Quests is just that. Take a quest from one of the 4 and complete it.

The Hunt Mark: This does not mean that you have to do a Hunt. Just simply kill a hunt mark. Your best bet for this is to switch to a less populated instance and head to the sandbar (where the crabs are at) and kill the crabs on either side until a pair of Blue Crabs appear. They will appear by themselves with no other crabs. This is your Hunt Mark.
Be aware of the Big HE for Camp Righteous, if its running (No one does this HE) the two Blue Crabs will not spawn. You'll have to switch instances again.

As for Chultan Trials, it will complete eventually. Just simply standing in around advances this, as does fight random enemies, etc.

The whole goal is to raise the number of currencies you can obtain each week, as well as opening new weekly tasks. My advice is to go straight up the middle to open the 4 weeklies, then focus on Boons.
This way, you'll only have to step foot in Chult once per week, useful if you play multiple characters.

The Merchant Prince offers the first two weeklies, Merchant Princes Bounty and Heroic Endeavors. I've touched on the Bounty so I'll move to Heroic Endeavors.
This is simple, I know it may pain most of you, but turn on Zone chat to get a King of Spines Heroic Encounter. You don't even have to complete it, just drive away the King Of Spines and its a win.

On the campaign screen keep going up the center path.....this allows you to get more currencies weekly.

Then comes House of the Crocdile. While this contains no actual crocodiles:) it is very tough on the initial run so bring a friend. After this initial run, the boss is replaced by an Elder Speaker, who uses the same attacks as Ras Nsi.

Then the 4th weekly is Shrines to Ubtao, This one is straightforward, cleanse the shrines to Ubtao. Just follow the sparkly trail and you'll get this done.

Now of course you speed this whole process up by living in Chult and doing repetitive quest over and over, but I found that the once per week worked for me:) I have the initial 3 boons and the final boon from just doing the weeklies.

OMU. The new Module. Nothing to say here. Its just a continuation of Chult. Same format and same leveling through it.

Omu Trials completes like does for Chult. However the the Slay a Hunt Mark has changed. What your looking for are Sun Bears. Kill them until you find a Rotting Sun Bear. This is the Hunt Mark for Omu. Also The Omu Trials completes faster down here because the experience earned is so much higher. You may find that your overflow experience completes two or three times while your in Omu doing these quests.
The weekly for Omu is given in Port Nyanzaru by the Prince next to the Merchant Prince. Its the same as Chults. Omu Trials, Slay a Hunt Mark, take an Omu Quest.

This Module is fairly straightforward, Omu is a mimic of Chult. Now if you are doing the hunts, prepare to spend some time in both areas to get the items needed to advance the hunts, not to mention farm the fangs and scales needed.

This was just quick explanantion, and I'm sure there are many guides that go into to much deeper detail, but this hopefully will help some.

Thanks,
Rain
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Re: Chult: A quickie Guide

Post by Tundrra »

Thanks Rain!
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Ziek88
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Post by Ziek88 »

I've been trying to keep track of changes but as I haven't been on much am sure I missed some. I saw the Warlock got a decent overhaul. Any word on whether it has been decent or not? I was hoping to see adjustments to the the raid system but I believe there were none. Is this correct?

I should be turning up more over the weekend. I don't like letting my GF fall behind so I'll be needing to top of the new campaign.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

Thanks Rain for the guide! I will add:

Additional ways of fulfilling "Slay a Hunt Mark" quest:
-The pair of Ogres that appear just down the hill from the camp and on your way to the Batiri camp drop Ogre's Femir.
-In the Batiri camp, a bunch of Batiri that glow red will often drop the Batiri Mask.

Questing together in Chult works best in pairs:
If you run tank or healer, find yourself a DPS partner. If you run a squishy TR/CW/HR/SW/GWF, find yourself a healer or tank partner. Ask around in NOR. Or...if you see someone in the wild that needs help, walk up and help out, and that person might just send your a party invite on the spot. I've found a lot of help questing in Chult that way, and I've run both a CW and an OP through the woods.

Getting around:
Sailing up and down the river is better than walking around in the woods. So before you start Chult, go to Sea of Moving ice, and get yourself a boat. Even the crappiest boat will do. The river is also the safest place to park without something jumping on you all the time.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter

Return to “The Moonstone Mask”