Timaios
Count
Count
Realm: Elder Scrolls Online
House: Griffon

Promotions and how they work

Post by Timaios »

Hail*NOR/

This is how Promotions will work in ESO and in most games you play within the NOR realms.
Lasarian wrote:Q: How do I get promoted?

A: Basically, adherence and practice of NOR core values: Helping, knowledge and fellowship. At its heart NOR is predominately what has become known as a social/helping guild. Our time in game is spent in fellowship with each other and helping other players advance their own knowledge of the game and their characters. This is a two-way street though. There is a time to help and a time to receive help.

As you can imagine, the higher you go in rank the slower your rate of promotion will become. If you will forgive me for making generalizations - the typical 'rank and file' NOR member should expect to rise to the rank of Champion, the highest non-officer rank.

The first and most common officer rank is Baron. This is typically awarded to exceptional Champions who are already looking, acting and behaving like an officer anyway. Many members, even years after being promoted beyond that recall their time as a Baron most fondly. This is where quite a bit of what I call "good NOR work" gets done.

Flag officer ranks, which I view as Counts and Dukes, are tremendously difficult to earn. Some Barons will rise to Count, being promoted as a second in command to a Duke or Duchess, and there is likely where they will stay - possibly for years.

Most effective Counts will earn promotion by succeeding their Duke - but this does not happen very often.

Dukes and Duchesses are rare birds - and promotion from Count to Duke typically occurs in the instance of an outgoing Duke, the establishment of a new Branch, or the promotion to High Council. In any event, the promotion to Duke or Duchess comes with the tremendous responsibility of leading an entire Branch. This rank is not for the faint of heart.

Even for those that somehow manage to rise to the rank of Duke, it is indeed rare to continue beyond that to the apex of the chain of command of NOR - the High Council. In our 20 years of history we have had thousands of members, of those, perhaps a few hundred or so rose to the rank of Duke - and in all that time, we have had no more than fifty High Council members.

We realize this can seem daunting, particularly to new members. What you have to keep in mind is that NOR is not like other online guilds where you can rise rapidly in the ranks, but the average lifespan of the overall guild is relatively short. We've been around for twenty years and I see no reason why we would not endure for another twenty.

That said, it is worth noting that none of the founding members are currently on the High Council or even active in the guild. Each and every current member of the High Council started in this guild as a recruited Squire, myself included. So, while it admittedly may take some time, there is no rank a member cannot aspire to.

Back to the Questions
On that note, in order for you to be promoted to the rank of Squire in ESO and gain access to the guild bank a few requirements must be met:

1) Be registered on our website (http://www.newoutriders.org)
2) Read the Recruits and new members FAQ (has useful information on how NOR works.)
3) Post an introduction in the recruits subforum, found in the Welcome forum. This allows you to interact for the first time with all NOR members, allows our NOR members to get to know you and you us :)
*NOR/CT:ESO
Saroc
Knight
Knight
Realm: Neverwinter

Re: Promotions and how they work

Post by Saroc »

Also, the officers will have to catch you in order to promote you!
Steward of the WoW Guild Hall
Visitor of Everywhere Else.

Return to “The Dirty Goat”