Race: Sun Elf
Background: Inheritor
Skin: Peach
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Gold

Personality:
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality Traits:
Thinking is for other people. I prefer action.

I get bored easily. When am I going to get on with my destiny?

Ideal:
Destiny. Nothing and no one can steer me away from my higher calling. (Any)

Bond:
I wish my childhood sweetheart had come with me to pursue my destiny.

Flaw:
I'm convinced of the significance of my destiny, and blind to my shortcomings and the risk of failure.

Character Notes:
Shalheira is the holder of a signet ring that bears the portion of the soul of Naymme, The Magnificent, a gold dragon who gave her life centuries ago in defense of a small elvish village. The Valna family had intermingled with Naymee’s brood centuries before and still bear the mark of that in their blood, sometimes manifesting as a sorcerer.

The portion of Naymee’s soul that resides in the ring has been said to speak to the owner of the ring, though it has never spoken to Shalheira.

Basic Backstory:
Faerun has not been quiet since the end of the spellplauge. First, the Dragon Cult and its chromatic dragon allies tried to summon Tiamat from the nine hells, and then the giants of the world rampaged through the north. Both chromatic dragons, and giants are ancient enemies of the metallic dragons, and Shalheira feels that enmity through her blood.

One moonless night while in her nightly trance under the stars, Shalheira had a vision of a gold dragon, aged and frail, trapped in a fortress of stone. The dragon was tormented, but kept alive by the giants who held this fortress. While still in her trance, a shooting star sparked through the sky and exploded. Shalheira took this as a sign that her vision was true, and none in her family could dissuade her. They believe it was just her overactive imagination looking for a reason to leave home.

She left her village not far from Evereska and traveled up and down the Sword Coast looking for information on the giants and dragons, but she hasn’t had much luck finding leads.

Character Information
-Shalheira is infatuated with fire. Her damaging magics manifest as fire, and she absentmindedly controls flames that appear around her.
-While she is driven to free the gold dragon she saw the vision of, she has literally no leads, other than Giants tend to live in the north.
-She has taken to the wandering and adventuring life. And she believes it is a means to an end. The more she wanders the stronger she gets with her magic, which she believes will help her on her quest. She may just be questing for power and lying to herself about her motivation.
-She finds the large metropolises of the Sword Coast to be completely enthralling, but sometimes she gets overwhelmed as has to retreat from them for a time as she starts to feel part of herself slip away.
-She is terrible at remembering faces and the names that go with them. It requires meeting somebody several times, or having very important encounters with somebody for her to remember them for much time.

Character Goals
-Find the dragon held captive by the giants and free it.
-Get her ring to speak to her and impart its wisdom.

Character Secrets
-She has been using an assumed name, Cinda Fireleaf, since she left her village. Next to nobody outside of her village knows her real name. She has no papers indicating this identity, but it hasn’t been an issue.
-She has lost faith that the ring actually contains the soul of Naymme, but she fears ever giving it up in case she’s wrong.
-Her parents have secretly hired people to spy on her. She is completely oblivious to this fact.

Relationships
-Lathai and Annallee Valna are her parents. They have always loved, supported and encouraged their daughter. But as she grew up her imaginative flights of fancy got stronger, instead of receding into childhood where they belonged. They though entrusting her with the Soul of Naymme, the family’s most prized possession would calm her, but instead it has only enflamed her imagination.
-Zetzar, a renegade fire giant, is holding a gold dragon named Nyssima captive. Zetzar is aware, through powerful magics, that the Soul of Naymme is seeking to free his captive, and he is actively searching for the whereabouts of ring to destroy it and kill the wielder.
-Belpos is a 20-something halfling living on the streets of Waterdeep. He has taken a shine (non-romantically) to Shalheira (as Cinder), and has helped her learn the ins and outs of human cities and civilizations, from a peasants point of view. She is the only person she’s met since she left home that she trusts like an elf of Evereska.

Memories
-When Shalheira was six years old, she was dining with her family at the home of another family. They were celebrating the birthday of the family’s eldest member, who was more than 600 years old. It was during the party that Shalheira’s draconic blood awakened. She actually belched a plume of fire across the dinner table. Nobody was harmed and the table didn’t catch fire. From then on she was trained to control her power by her mother.
-On her first trip to Waterdeep her pocket was picked by a human child. The child was caught by Belpos who returned Shalheira’s purpose, only to steal her ring, which he saw as the real prize. Shalheira was distraught and inconsolable for several days at the inn where she stayed (which was consequently the Yawning Portal). After a few days she saw the halfling wearing her ring and sitting in a booth at the portal. She remembered his face because he took her most prized possession. She immediately flew into a rage and had to be subdued by the other patrons. The terrified halfling returned the ring, and bought her several pints of booze. They hit it off and have been friends ever since.
-When Shalheira announced she was leaving the village, she tried to convince Elstiree, her inseparable companion to come with her, but he refused. He had an important job in Everaska serving the ambassadors of the cities of the Sword Coast, and he didn’t want to give that up over a childish pursuit. Little does she know that Elistiree is working with those that her parents hired to spy on her, to make sure she is safe.

Mechanics:

Class: Sorcerer
Sub-class: Draconic Bloodline
Ability Scores: STR (8), DEX (16), CON (13), INT (11), WIS (12), CHA (15) — Elf Bonuses applied: +2 DEX, +1 INT
Skills: Arcana, Perception, Persuasion, Survival
Languages: Common, Elvish, Draconic
Tools: Flute

Background Feature: Inheritance
The Soul of Naymme is a signet ring handed down to Shalheira. It bears a portion of the soul of a dead gold dragon, and can speak to its wearer in times of great need, or if the wearer has shown him or herself to be of great power and character. It has never spoken to Shalheira.

Starting Equipment:
-Quarterstaff
-Component Pouch
-Explorer’s Pack
-2 Daggers

Level 1:
HP: 8 (6 + CON mod + 1 Draconic Bloodline)
Class Feature: Spellcasting
Class Feature: Sorcerous Origin - Draconic Bloodline (Gold)
Sorcerous Origin Feature: Draconic Resilience

Level 2:
HP: 14 (8 + 5 + 1 Draconic Bloodline)
Class Feature: Font of Magic

Level 3:
HP: 20 (14 + 5 + 1)
Class Feature: Metamagic — Subtle Spell, Twinned Spell

Level 4:
HP: 26 (20 + 5 + 1)
Class Feature: Ability Score Increase - +1 CON (to 14), +1 CHA (to 16)

Level 5:
HP: 33 (26 + 6 + 1)

Level 6:
HP: 40 (33 + 6 + 1)
Sorcerous Origin Feature: Elemental Affinity

Level 7:
HP: 47

Level 8:
HP: 54
Class Feature: Ability Score Increase — +2 CHA (18)

Level 9:
HP: 61

Level 10:
HP: 68
Class Feature: Metamagic — Quickened Spell

Level 11:
HP: 75

Level 12:
HP: 82
Class Feature: Ability Score Increase - +2 CHA (20)

Level 13:
HP: 89

Level 14:
HP: 96
Sorcerous Origin Feature: Dragon Wings

Level 15:
HP: 103

Character Sheets:
Level 1 Character Sheet
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.

Return to “Character Collection”