Race: Human (Variant)
Background: Uthgardt Tribe Member
Skin: White
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

Personality:
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Personality Traits:
I once ran twenty-five miles without stopping to warn to my clan of an approaching orc horde. I'd do it again if I had to.

I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear.

Ideal:
Honor. If I dishonor myself, I dishonor my whole clan. (Lawful)

Bond:
I will bring terrible wrath down on the evildoers who destroyed my homeland.

Flaw:
I am slow to trust members of other races, tribes, and societies.

Character Notes:
While apart from the tribe, Brinhannor still follows the rules of the Uthgardt. She will never cut down a still-living tree, and will not abide such an act committed by another in her presence. Uthgardt totem mounts are sacred to her. Like all Uthgardt, she despises arcane magic. The Thunderbeast tribe is more civilized than most Uthgardt tribes, and as such, she does not frown upon divine magic.

Basic Backstory:
Several years ago, when traveling to Morgur’s Mound, their ancestral home, the Thunderbeast tribe of the Uthgardt discovered that the mound has been desecrated and looted. Heartbroken, the tribe returned to the High Forest. After several years the tribe started to split apart, with families leaving to join the Elk tribe. As the numbers dwindled and the Thunderbeast shamans could not determine the source of the defilement, the tribe elders sent for Brinhannor, one of the tribe’s fiercest warriors. Brinhannor has been tasked with finding the source of the defilement, and has travelled to the city of Neverwinter in the north to see if she can find any assistance with the investigation.

Character Information
-Brinhannor was the captain of both a Thunderbeast raiding party, and also the captain of tribal defense during meets.
-Brinhannor is gruff and to the point, but not unfriendly. She has no ability to lie or deceive, and finds the entire concept distasteful.
-She has slain more Orcs than most people (even adventurers) will encounter in their entire lives. She is well versed in orc culture, and has a fierce hatred for them.
-She misses her tribe terribly while on her journey.

Character Goals
-She wants to find out the culprit(s) behind the desecration of Morgur’s Mound.
-If possible, she would like to restore the mound for the glory of the tribe.

Character Secrets
-Brinhannor is secretly a member of the Harpers and, unknown to the tribe, has directed raiding parties against the Zhentarim when they roam in the north.
-Despite being raised by a Thunderbeast family, Brinhannor does not have Uthgardt blood. Her northern village was destroyed in an orc raid, and she was found as a baby, mere hours from death and raised by the Thunderbeast tribe as one of their own. She is not aware of this.

Relationships
-Sungar Wolfkiller, the chief of the Thunderbeast tribe, has always shown Brinhannor preferential treatment. She believes it is because of the skill in battle she has demonstrated, and it is. But unknown to her, it is also because she is not of Uthgardt blood and he is extremely impressed by her abilities despite her disability (in his eyes, not being of the tribe, is a disability).
-Iantorin Larkspur is Brinhannor’s contact in the Harpers. Iantorin is a druid and often appears to Brinhannor as a raven, though she knows his true form. Because of their friendship, birds make her happy when traveling and she views every one as a potential friend.
-She has a rocky & hostile relationship with Llulkarn, her brother. Llulkarn resents his sister for constantly besting him at feats of strength and in combat. He has come close to revealing her secret to her, but their mother Ulse has forbid it. He will try to discredit and dishonor her some day.

Memories
-Brinhannor wakes up almost nightly in a cold sweat. She has no visual memories of her dreams, but she remembers the sounds of a baby crying, and the screaming of others.
-While foraging in the forest, Brinhannor came across a group of orcs surrounding and threatening a young half-elven man. Suddenly, the man transformed into a giant badger and burrowed into the ground. The orcs ran up to the hole left by the badger. When they reached the hole, a swarm of badgers leapt out and attacked them. Then out leapt the giant badger, and transformed mid air back into a half-elven man, and started beating the tar out of the orcs with his staff. Brinhannor joined the fray and aided the young man. After the fight, around the campfire, he told her all about the Harpers, and she joined their ranks.
-Once, a larger than normal raiding party of the Thunderbeast tribe assembled to assail an orc stronghold that had been constructed not far from the high forest. Brinhannor was not yet a leader of a raiding party, but she performed exceedingly well in this altercation, and she was the one who dealt the killing blow to the orc leader. With his dying breath he drew an X across her face in his own blood while cursing her. She wants every orc she encounters to know that this orc chieftain had cursed her and she doesn’t fear it, and so she uses various paints (or blood when available) to reapply that X every morning.

Mechanics:

Class: Fighter
Sub-class: Banneret (Purple Dragon Knight - SCAG 128)
Ability Scores: STR (16), DEX (14), CON (14), WIS (12), INT (10), CHA (8) — Racial +1’s in STR and CON
Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Acrobatics, Perception, Survival
Languages: Common, Elvish
Tools: Smith's Tools

Background Feature: Uthgardt Heritage
You have an excellent knowledge not only of your tribe’s territory, but also the terrain and natural resources of the rest of the North. You are familiar enough with any wilderness area that you find twice as much food and water as you normally would when you forage there.

Additionally, you can call upon the hospitality of your people, and those folk allied with your tribe, often including members of druid circles, tribes of nomadic elves, the Harpers, and the priesthoods devoted to the gods of the First Circle.

Starting Equipment:
-Chain Mail
-Battle Axe & Shield
-2 Spears
-Explorer’s Pack
-Smith's Tools

Level 1:
HP: 12 (10 + CON mod)
Class Feature: Fighting Style - Protection
Class Feature: Second Wind
Human Variant Feat: Shield Master

Level 2:
HP: 20 (12 + 8)
Class Feature: Action Surge

Level 3:
HP: 28 (20 + 8)
Martial Archetype: Banneret
Archetype Feature: Rallying Cry

Level 4:
HP: 36
Class Feature: Ability Score Increase - Feat: Athlete (w/ +1 STR option)

Level 5:
HP: 44
Class Feature: Extra Attack

Level 6:
HP: 52
Class Feature: Ability Score Increase - Feat: Heavy Armor Master (will make STR 18)

Level 7:
HP: 60
Archetype Feature: Royal Envoy

Level 8:
HP: 68
Class Feature: Ability Score Increase - +2 STR (20)

Level 9:
HP: 76
Class Feature: Indomitable

Level 10:
HP: 84
Archetype Feature: Inspiring Surge

Level 11:
HP: 92
Class Feature: Extra Attack (2)

Level 12:
HP: 100
Class Feature: Ability Score Increase - +2 CON (16)

Level 13:
HP: 109
Class Feature: Indomitable (2)

Level 14:
HP: 118
Class Feature: Ability Score Increase - +2 CON (18)

Level 15:
HP: 128
Archetype Feature: Bulwark

Character Sheet:
Level 1 Character Sheet
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.

Return to “Character Collection”