A Holiday Murder Mystery ...

Hang out, talk, post whatever is on your mind.
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Re: A Holiday Murder Mystery ...

Post by Talolan »

"The unicorn is a red herring, the note says that the entire high council is in danger... unless you believe that to be misdirection."

Talk grabs the dagger from Burley and inspects it. "The dagger is simple... whale bone handle, silver blade. I don't see anything distinctive... Other than Lord Lasarian's blood of course."
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

Tundrra wrote: "The killer must be a supporter of the Unicorn party! Why else kill the outspoken HC member who has supported the Griffin party so fiercely!" "who has spoken the most in support of the Unicorn?"

O________________________________________________________O

ohmyglob
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Mr. Frost
Recruit

Post by Mr. Frost »

... while you are all standing around passing the dagger back and forth and debating Unicorns v. Griffons, you notice Lord Abin is no longer among you.

A debate immediately ensues as to where he was seen last, who he was with, what was discussed, but no one can seem to remember clearly. You devise a plan to search for him, until Gil, speaks up:

"Hey guys." he says.
The group turns toward Gil, who is standing in front of one of the many statues in Great Hall.

The group approaches, Gil turns toward the group and points his thumb over his shoulder at the statue behind him, which, you now notice seems slightly out of place from the others.

"I've found Abin." Gil says glibly.

Lord Abin has been turned to stone.
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Mr. Frost wrote:
Carbonite? o-o

Seyella
Countess
Countess

Post by Seyella »

Zyera wrote:
Mr. Frost wrote:
Carbonite? o-o
Seyella stands and ponders the statue of Lord Abin . . it certainly looks like carbonite. That could possibly mean that the killer/killers is someone that is associated with Star Wars . . or wants it to looks that way. . .

Even though some of those in the group gathered there in the Great Hall think that the killer is a supporter of the Unicorn party, she is inclined to agree with Talolan that . . .
Talolan wrote:"The unicorn is a red herring, the note says that the entire high council is in danger..
Seyella still believes that the person responsible for both Lord Lasarian's and NOW Lord Abin's death is someone who would benefit from the dissolution of the High Council. Who in the room has aspirations to become a High Council Member? Or, could it be a current High Council Member who wishes to eliminate specific HC members, in order to replace them with co-conspirators. Her gaze leaves Lord Abin's statue and slowly looks around at those gathered there in the hall. Who among us has a grandiose plan to replace or take over the High Council and why? Could it be someone who is playing or has played Star Wars? . . . .
Seyella/Callise
*NOR/

Numerous toons in several games (WoW, GW2, ESO, SWTOR, etc) . .
Gilen
Baron
Baron
Realm: RIFT

Post by Gilen »

Lets not be too hasty that the murders are connected yet. I mean lets face it, Abin was old enough that his petrification was just about due anyway.

"However, if we DO assume they are connected then the fowl killer....errr I mean Foul Killer either knows high science (Carbonite) or Magic (Flesh to Stone) or has a REALLY bad hair day look in the mornings." Gil looks at Tundra, "You and I are the only ones here likely to have a carbonite chamber and i have not gotten one yet. You?" Then he looks at Seyella "Most of these folks are from or have participated largely in the Guild Wars branch, does such magic exist over there?"
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Post by Tundrra »

Gilen wrote:Lets not be too hasty that the murders are connected yet. I mean lets face it, Abin was old enough that his petrification was just about due anyway.

"However, if we DO assume they are connected then the fowl killer....errr I mean Foul Killer either knows high science (Carbonite) or Magic (Flesh to Stone) or has a REALLY bad hair day look in the mornings." Gil looks at Tundra, "You and I are the only ones here likely to have a carbonite chamber and i have not gotten one yet. You?" Then he looks at Seyella "Most of these folks are from or have participated largely in the Guild Wars branch, does such magic exist over there?"
And don't forget about those demenision walkers, coming and going from one world to the next, day in and day out. I'm sure a man like Talolan has access to all sorts of unearthly abilities! We must locate the other HC members before its to late!
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Tundrra wrote:
Gilen wrote:Lets not be too hasty that the murders are connected yet. I mean lets face it, Abin was old enough that his petrification was just about due anyway.

And don't forget about those demenision walkers, coming and going from one world to the next, day in and day out. I'm sure a man like Talolan has access to all sorts of unearthly abilities! We must locate the other HC members before its to late!
You're right! We have to protect the remaining HC!

Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

"By my count we have.... two High Council left! Has anyone seen our benevolent Lady Roxy?"

*Ojike runs off in the direction of the castle's grand kitchen.* "I must prepare nourishment for the hunt! Fear not Lady Roxanne! Your Unicorn Knight shall protect you! ... Right after he raids the larder..."
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Lakasha
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: Elder Scrolls Online
House: Unicorn
Record: Defender of Hibernia (Golden Staff) 02⁄03⁄03
Defender of Hibernia (Silver Wand) 12⁄15⁄02
Official Writ of Welcome 01⁄06⁄02
Heraldess 12⁄19⁄01
Knight 10⁄29⁄01
Squire Court 09⁄09⁄01
Squire 04⁄02⁄01
Recruit 03⁄10⁄01

Post by Lakasha »

I tend to agree with Seyella that it is likely to be someone who would benefit most from the High Council Members being eliminated. But we should also consider the possibility of a grudge? Perhaps someone that left the NOR Castle in the past?
ESO
Lakasha Finvarra - Sorceress V1

Lakashal - Templar - DC Blackwater Blade AvA Campaign

*NOR/Heraldess and AvA Coordinator

I can picture a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

DDO
Lakasha Finvarra - Bard 10 The Orginal
Lakashan - Bard Warchanter - 25 - Woot!!!

Return to “"The Tavern"”