<swtor> Knights of the Eternal Throne Info

Intisar
Duke
Duke
Realm: RIFT

<swtor> Knights of the Eternal Throne Info

Post by Intisar »

As I'm sure all SWTOR players know, the next expansion is launching this Tuesday the 29th. The folks at BW had a livestream yesterday to cover what we can expect next week. This wrap up is swiped straight from dulfy because I'm lazy and it will at least spare you from having to wade through the comments section. I have removed mention of the minor spoilers that were discussed in the livestream.

Combat changes can be found HERE.

The full patch notes should be available Monday.

Summary
  • Character Transfers – Sale will run from Nov 29 to Jan 18. 90CC transfers. 150 CC for cross-region transfers
  • Rapid Recon Walker – Be a subscriber on Nov 27
  • KOTET early access – Be a subscriber from October 25 to Nov 27.
  • No pre-Fallen Empire companions will be coming back in Eternal Throne. They can allow you bring back companions you have killed off in the story via the terminal in Odessen if players want this.
Black Friday Sale
  • Collection Unlocks are 50% OFF
  • Friday – 50% off armor sets (except the Nathema Zealot)
  • Saturday – 50% off all decorations
  • Sunday – 50% off Appearance customization and species
  • Monday – 50% off all mounts, vehicles, toys, and pets.
KOTET
  • 9 New Story Chapters
  • Two new planets
  • Outlander Character token to start at 60 or 65.
  • Chapters are repeatable with challenge levels (KOTFE too)
  • New Gameplay Innovations
  • Galactic Command
  • 5 Brand New Uprisngs
  • Dark vs Light
  • Five new levels
  • New class abilities
  • No more story until the next expansion after KOTET once you finish the 9 chapters.
Repeatable Chapters
  • 25 Chapters from KOTFE and KOTET
  • New interface to launch chapters and change difficulties.
  • Story and Veteran mode at launch, Master mode to follow in January.
  • Choices from your first playthrough carry forward but you can try out new choices.
  • Veteran mode is available from your very first playthrough and scale to your level.
  • Veteran mode is balanced for mid tier end game gear and an Influence 20 companion.
  • Gameplay Innovations
Brand new gameplay experiences as part of the story
  • Pilot a walker
  • Go undercover as a Zakuul knight
  • Remote control a mouse droid
  • And more…
Galactic Command
  • Accessible from anywhere for subscriber at level 70. No plans to allow non-subscriber to access this right now but may reconsider in the future.
  • New to Galactic Command – Uprisings
  • Access to game activities such as Warzones, Uprisings and Operations
  • Earn Command Experience Points to get Commnad Crates
  • Command Crates contain items including cosmetic armor, weapons, schematics, end-game gear, and more.
  • They are planning to sell a 20% Command Points Booster in the Cartel Market.
  • There is a Command Points Weekly Cap that is unreachable unless you exploit.
  • Anything that is not killing normal mobs will give you Command XP. Ranked PvP and toughest operations will be the most rewarding in terms of Command XP.
  • Once you get to Command Rank 300, you can still get command crates but you just won’t level up. You will also get flairs to denote your Command Ranks.
  • You can get green, blue, purple and legendary tiers of gear. Legendary is a new gear tier they are adding with the expansion and it is very
  • rare. There will be 12-13 different sets of armor you can get from the Command Crates.
  • Since Command Crate has a RNG element, they will closely monitor and if people are getting screwed over with set bonuses by the RNG, they will adjust it.
Uprisings
  • Uprisings are 4 player and intended to be fast paced
  • Five uprising comings with Eternal Throne
  • Accessible from anywhere through Galactic Command at level 70
  • Story and Veteran mode at launch
  • Master Mode and more Uprisings to follow early next year.
Dark vs Light
  • Starting at Level 1, earn dark and light points to sway the balance of the force
  • The war will be fought on every server
  • Winning will cause large-group boss battles around the galaxy. Six different planets to spawn and each boss have like a bunch of possible spawn points with a 20% chance to spawn there. You have to go there with 8-16 players.
  • Galactic Command highlighted activity affects Command Experience Point and Dark and Light point gain.
  • Everyone will earn rewards based on their character alignment
  • New reward currency: Dark and Light side tokens. You can purchase brand new cosmetic stuff that are particular to your alignment.
  • Clips shown of DvL bosses in Dromund Kaas and Tatooine.
  • One side will win every couple hours.
5 Year Anniversary Rewards
  • Vendor on fleet that sells them for 1 credit
  • Senya Holotrainer
  • Celebration Jawa. This Jawa counts for “That’s Just Wrong” achievement where you need to kill players with the Party Jawa out.
  • Stronghold decoration featuring the loading screens from each expansion and the original game.
  • Dromund Kaas/Coruscant stronghold will be 5 credits each.
Q&A
  • No plans to have Command XP system to be legacy wide but they think it would be cool to have catch up mechanic for alts later on. If you want this, let them know on the forums.
  • Unused gear tokens in 5.0 will be converted to credits.
  • Uncompleted missions will be reset once 5.0 goes live.
  • Horizon Squad is a new group of Knights that are loyal to Vaylin.
  • No new strongholds in KOTET
  • The companion for DvL will be the light side Master Ranos companion
Life Day Teaser
  • Wampa Companion available as "prize" for Life Day
General Combat Changes
  • Choose your advance class at level 1
  • All stances are now passive
  • New tier of utilities for each advanced class
  • Big changes to each class – patch notes coming Monday
Teigra
Baroness
Baroness
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Teigra

Re: <swtor> Knights of the Eternal Throne Info

Post by Teigra »

Intisar wrote:This wrap up is swiped straight from dulfy because I'm lazy and it will at least spare you from having to wade through the comments section.
Too late! I thought I was getting salty, but a quick skim through those comments made me wish I had some popcorn. :P
Kaurix
Baron
Baron

Post by Kaurix »

Bah! No other companions are coming back!
It's easy to tell who my characters are, all their names begin with Kaur ... and probably aren't wearing pants.

Kaurix, Kaurick, Kaurith, Kaurak, Kaureth
Kaurich, Kaurik, Kaurok, Kaurek, Kaurax
Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

Kaurix wrote:Bah! No other companions are coming back!
Yeah, that's sad.. :( Wonder why.
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Windemere
Duke
Duke
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV

Post by Windemere »

Zyera wrote:
From earlier livestream:
Returning Companion? Not many returning companions with KOTET chapters. The reason for that is that we looked at feedback from Fallen Empire and people didn’t felt like they didn’t got enough closure. We spent a lot of time reintroducing the old companions and making backgrounds on them which meant we spent too much time on them and not enough on the main story. It ultimately felt a disservice to the story. Some of the returning companions we hoped to do won’t be in KOTET because of this but that is not to say they are never coming back.
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Zyera wrote:
In the live stream, lead writer Charles Boyd talked about how they had received criticism that the companions had been crammed in and that it distract from the main storyline. So they decided to stick to advancing the main story at cost of bringing back companions.

Personally, it didn't bother me, but I will grant the that Gault and Vette episode didn't really move the story along.

BUT WHERE IS NADIA DARNIT?!
Kaurix
Baron
Baron

Post by Kaurix »

Yeah I can see how cramming them into the story is lame. Although I thought the Vette and Gault scenario worked in a kind of corny Hollywood movie way. Stealing from your enemy to fund your war against them in a weird Ocean's 11 crazy way. I hope they bring the old companions back through alerts then atleast.

Teigra, I saw your new forum pic and then this article http://kotaku.com/mimikyu-is-terrifying ... 1789360318, it made me laugh that there is a pokemon of pure darkness that wants to wear the skin of it enemy so that people with love it. Mimikyu is the ultimate Dark Side pokemon!
It's easy to tell who my characters are, all their names begin with Kaur ... and probably aren't wearing pants.

Kaurix, Kaurick, Kaurith, Kaurak, Kaureth
Kaurich, Kaurik, Kaurok, Kaurek, Kaurax
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Official patch notes are up:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1129201 ... rly-access

They are far too long to reformat and repost here. But I will mention one note in particular:
  • Fixed an issue where Defense Turrets in the Black Hole area would attack players outside of the intended range.
I KNEW IT!

Otherwise, there is a lot to digest here, and I suggest as you log on to each character that you intend to play that you also you revisit their class's section of the notes.

When you do log on the first thing you should do is visit a class trainer and then re-allocate your Utility points.

Happy Patch Day!
Teigra
Baroness
Baroness
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Teigra

Post by Teigra »

One thing that might have been overlooked in KotET preparation is the datapad in your personal room in the Odessen base. By checking all of my alts that have been through KotFE, I think I found 300 green data crystals' worth of reward missions I hadn't picked up. If you want to risk it, you could also try leaving them for possible easy experience points after the patch. :pinkgrin

Edit: The XP thing worked! I got around 81k per turn in. Happy leveling :)
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Today's live stream address some of the concern about gearing from Command XP.

Basically, folks who run Operations and PVP have received significant relief.

Here is Muscu's full write up:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=906662

The relevant section of GC changes:
Gearing Changes in Galactic Command
  • You can work towards specific pieces of gear through endgame activities.
  • Elements of working towards those pieces are legacy-wide.
In PvE
  • Unassembled Gear pieces are a guaranteed drop from the last boss of each Operation, with specific drops on a boss (Ex: Soa dropping chest).
  • Each other boss in an Operation has a chance to drop any token. Bosses that are later in an Operation have a higher chance then those early in the Op.
  • Turn in an Unassembled Gear piece along with Command Tokens (which come from Command Crates) to get that piece of gear.
In PvP
  • Playing any Warzone will earn you Unassembled Components. You earn more based on medals, match outcome, etc.
  • Turn Unassembled Components into a PvP vendor with a Valor requirement to get an Unassembled Gear piece.
  • Turn in an Unassembled Gear piece along with Command Tokens (which come from Command Crates) to get that piece of gear.
General Notes
  • Command Tokens are legacy-wide.
  • Command Tokens will be retroactively granted to each character based on their Command Rank when 5.1 goes live.
These changes are in addition the current system, so we will still level up our Command ranks and role the dice with each new box.

With the return of tokens we should be able to turn excess tokens into gear we can use on off-specs or ship to alts. We won't be returning to the days to the EV and KP loot pinatas, but I think that's a good thing and I welcome incentives to visit other operations.

As for PVP, it looks like a pretty tempting way to gear up since the gear is all the same now.

Return to “Game Updates”