Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Re: <SWTOR> Knights of the Eternal Throne

Post by Zyera »

Intisar wrote:
Zyera wrote: Yes, that's what I am saying. You get 9 right off the bat but doesn't seem look like they're doing the monthly chapters releases like they advertised last time. Just curious what they will do instead.
http://dulfy.net/2016/10/08/swtor-news-nycc-cantina/

According to the Cantina reports sent to dulfy, chapters will be coming in batches rather than one at a time every month. I wouldn't call this confirmed, but I am ambivalent about this news.
Hm, interesting. Makes sense because I heard it was popular for people to leave for a few months, then sub to catch up whenever was convenient to them.
Intisar wrote:They are looking at Ops for early next year. This is more or less on the same schedule that the Eternal Championship was supposed to launch for KotFE, so I wouldn't say that's a sure thing. But with luck, we'll see some ops soonish. /fingerscrossed.
It looks like announcement of some sort of group-related content on a future live-steam in January.

Source: http://dulfy.net/2016/10/08/swtor-news-nycc-cantina/
More updates in Jan bc in 2017 they want to go back to making more multiplayer gameplay. Possible ops early next year.#swtor #swtorfamily
@CristiPetrarca What about Ops was mentioned specifically?
@Gravek Only that there are none coming with the Xpac. They might be putting some out in early 2017, livestream in Jan about it.
Focus in 2017: Group content. Will there be new ops? New pvp maps? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. Lots of elusiveness, nothing concrete.#swtor
---

I'm not trying to be salty or bring anyone's hopes down, but there is nothing solid on if we're getting ops or not. Group-content doesn't specifically mean ops. Sounds like we will just have to wait to January and see what they tell us on the live-stream about group content. :)

:hailnor
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Intisar
Duke
Duke
Realm: RIFT

Post by Intisar »

Today's livestream recently concluded with an overview of the upcoming Galactic Command interface.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20161017

It seems to be an interface to access all the max level content in the game, from heroics to flashpoint to GSF and warzones, with escalating rewards for participation. Hopefully the system won't be too grindy, but I think in theory incentives to run stuff like flashpoints and SM ops after we stop needing the gear from them is probably a good thing.

Musco posted a clarification on gearing:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9081176

Basically all gear that improves stats will come from command crates, rather than boss drops. Cosmetic gear that dropped from the flashpoints and ops will still drop there. Hopefully they'll up the drop rates on some of that stuff.

I wonder how they'll handle the drops from the crates. I hope that RNG won't be factor. If you're trying to get your class set and then bust your hump to get a new level for crate only to get piece you have already, that would kinda suck.
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

BW had another livestream today with information about the new Uprisings content.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20161027

It looks like Uprising will be exclusively for groups of 4 with story mode being similar to tactical mode flashpoints, then a hard mode for traditional groups and eventually a super-tough "Master" mode which will be available next year.

They describe Uprisings as fast-paced flashpoints that should take 15-20 minutes. In some ways, they remind me a bit of Diablo 3's Rifts which were fun with a group.

They touched on the loot box gearing controversy which has been raging through various forums. I'm not wild about the system, but I'm also not reaching for a torch and pitchfork. I think the current gearing path is dumb, so I don't mind that they're trying something new. Obviously if I'm still trying to complete my set after two months, I reserve the right to flip some tables, but I think they new system will give some life to crafting which hasn't been as useful in KotFE and I approve of folks being able to gear up through solo and small group play.

Once again, when it comes to Operations they are still being coy (to put it generously), and any announcements about 8-16 person content will come in January.

Musco also mentioned that anyone who has Ops and WZ passes in their inventory will be refunded the Cartel Coin cost of the passes with the launch of the expansion. They haven't announced whether there will be Galactic Command passes to allow preferred players to participate. I'd bet they're still trying to figure that one out themselves.

Detailed information about crafting and commendation/crystal conversion should be coming in the next day or so.
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

The conversion rates for crystals and warzone comms is available:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=899194
As we have discussed previously, Warzone Commendations and Commendation Crystals are being removed from the game with Knights of the Eternal Throne. Our intention is that all of these currencies will be converted into credits on 11/29 when early access starts. Here are the conversion rates for each currency:

1 Warzone Commendation = 50 Credits
1 Common Crystal = 500 credits
1 Glowing Crystal = 1,000 credits
1 Radiant Crystal = 1,500 credits

Upon logging in on 11/29 each of these currencies will be completely removed from the game and the appropriate credits will have been granted to each character on your account. Note that there is a 2 million credit per character limit on this conversion. Please check the conversion table above, if you would earn more than 2 million credits on a character, we recommend that you spend the appropriate currency before that time so that it is not lost. If you have any questions about this conversion, let us know.
Unless you're really hard up for credits or above the 2 million limit, I suggest spending crystals and comms before the conversion. At the moment, companion gifts from the Smuggled Supplies vendor on Odessan and Darvannis are a better value than the credits, although I expect the GTN will shortly be flooded with gifts. There is also a decorations vendor in the Strongholds and Crew Skills area on fleet who sells Rakata themed Bind to Legacy decorations. If you haven't completed Chapter 9, level 65 characters can take their ship to Darvannis. If you have a low level character who you'd like to access the vendor, let an officer or Knight know and they can summon you to Odessan (I think).

If you have excess Warzone Comms, you have more options. With the removal of expertise coming up, the PVP class sets will be handy in bolstered content such as flashpoints, storymode ops, and low level planets. Set bonuses have static values that will scale with Bolster so they'll be good for leveling and starter content at level 70. Alternatively, you can stock up on decorations from the Starfighter and PVP Decoration Vendor on fleet. These decoration are unbounded are sellable on the GTN.

Return to “Game Updates”