Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Group Comp Discussion (old)

Post by Zyera »

Hail *NOR/ Everyone! This will be our first discussion post about group comp/what people can bring to the table along with what days and times work for you.

Important!
Please check out our Raiding Requirements, understand what we are asking and requiring before making a post!

What Group Comp We Using?

Due to the nature of the game in how the professions work, we need to have a specific group comp for raids. For example, we can’t have two full Magi druids, as that is too much healing. One is good, while the other druid is in a more zerker or condi build and that’s about it for rangers- no more is needed. Each profession brings something to the table and we want to bring as much utility along with strong dps to find the right fit to be successful in raids.

Group Template:
  • 2 Warriors
    2 Druids (Only 1 specific geared healer/One more offensive healer)
    1 Mesmer
    1 Necro
    1 Guardian
    1 Rev
    2 Ele

Or:

1 Ele/1Engi
    1 Ele/1 Theif
We have some wiggle room, but group comp needs to stay as close to the basic raiding template as we can get to get the necessary buffs and dps. We also have seen different style of group comps kill raid bosses as well (ex: more warriors, only 1 druid, etc.) So this isn't the only group we can bring, but a great starting point to get to.

What Does Each Profession Bring?

As stated, each profession brings something specific to the table. Here is a list if you aren't aware of other professions and what they can help bring to the raid. (Assuming these professions are all using meta builds)
  • Warriors: Might/Precision and Ferocity Buff givers, Excellent DPS. (+Empower Allies Trait).
  • Druids: Not 1 specific meta, they need to be able to adapt to the group when needed but mostly fill the role of a healer or a more offensive healer, giving out much needed druid and ranger buffs (Spotter, Grace of the Land).
  • Mesmer: Alacrity and Quickness Upkeep.
  • Necro: Great Condi DPS. Boon Stripping and Condi Transfer.
  • Guardian: Protection Upkeep.
  • Rev: Buffs, Boon Upkeep/Duration Increase/Boon Stacking/More Defensives
  • Ele: Excellent Power DPS. Can be a healer, depends on what the group needs.
  • Engi: Condi DPS, not in a great place right now. They don’t bring much to the table compared to others. They are a jack of all traits, but master of none. Not really needed, can easily be replaced by other classes instead. Basically only needed for very specific things.
  • Thief: Good power DPS, Cons: They have the worst survivability (squishy), not much group utility.

Discussion & Posting

We are more than happy to discuss other group comps/professions/etc! This is one of the major points of this topic. Another is for those who wish to raid with NOR after you have looked over the Raid Requirements and agree with them.

Reply with:
  • What Days/Times work for you
  • Your current plan on which profession you are wanting to bring along with:
    • Gear Progression: What you still need according to the Raiding Requirements
    • Posting your character using https://gw2efficiency.com/
  • And any other discussion, questions, etc.
GW2 Efficiency

Here's a small step by step to help guide you to posting the correct link for posting.

Steps:
  • Login/Create an account
  • Account --> Characters
  • After selecting which character you wish to share, go to the bottom lefthand side and make sure the "Equipement" & "Build" box is checked
  • Then use that bottom link (NOT your current URL - "account" should not be in the link) that says "share" It should look similar to this: https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Lunatta
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Windemere
Duke
Duke

Re: Group Comp Discussion (Read Me!)

Post by Windemere »

What Days/Times work for you
Pretty flexible evenings 8pm-11-30EST. This will likely change when the new school year hits and my end time will be pulled back on certain evenings, I just don't know which they are yet. Friday and Saturday nights would be best, Sunday nights probably the worst.

Your current plan on which profession you are wanting to bring:
Elementalist: Windmere GW2 Efficiency

* I am available immediately with an elementalist that can play either fresh air or staff DPS role. I have all ascended berserker trinkets except for one assassin. I have all exotic berserker armor except for one assassin. I have an ascended berserker backpiece and all ascended weapons are berserker (dagger, warhorn, and staff). I have all 6 set rune of the scholar and superior sigil of accuracy and superior sigil of force for weapons.

* I have an alternative set of exotic zealot gear and exotic dagger and warhorn to play as a Auramancer Raid Healer (nice combo of off heals+DPS). I have the superior sigil of transference and major sigil of force but only 4 of the 6 set rune of the monk, so it still needs a little work.

* I'll be looking to build out another set of exotic magi armor and staff with water/transference sigils for a tempest staff healer. This would be for high sustain healing with large AoE as opposed to healers that provide higher burst. See Video Guide for more info. This is all lower priority right now so it won't be any time soon unless for some reason we want to expedite.

!CAUTION! - Not for the faint of heart!
Windemere's Google Spreadsheet for current gearing. Strong nerd content within, you have been warned. :tongue2
And any other discussion, questions, etc.
I have an unused ascended weapons chest and plenty of fractal relics and guild commendations to gear out a fresh level 80 with ascended trinkets and at least one weapon. I also have plenty of tomes of knowledge to go from 0-80. If we find that we're short on something, I could probably gear up within a week's time. Learning to play at a high level of course is another thing. :)
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
ErnieAxeman
Knight
Knight

Post by ErnieAxeman »

I have one character ready to go that is my Elementalist, full ascended, zerker with some toughness. Good for DPS.
My second character I am working on is a Chronotank. Currently working on getting commander gear, but will run Solider/Zerk in the meantime. I love playing tank role so I would love to play this one.
I also have a warrior that I would like to run as condition/burnzerker.

I am also glad to build out whatever the team needs, I JUST WANNA RAID!

I am available 8:00-11pm EST M-Th and 8:00-2am on Friday. Saturday and Sunday vary.
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Post by Sofija »

Hermod, my Rev, is the probably the closest I have ready since he has the instant 80 gear, but no ascended gear I believe. And from what I read, they recommend sword/axe and I only have sword/sword and weapon swap is hammer for range. I don't have his advanced class unlocked yet either.

While Sofija has more Fractal relics, I will not give up her hammer as it's what makes Sof, Sof :D And from what I read, hammer is heavily discouraged for raiding and more for PvP for warriors.

Since my schedule varies day to day, week to week, I won't be able to commit to a raid schedule, but more than happy to fill a spot as needed when available. Saturday evenings might be better for me as I do tend to work early/half-days on Sat and often have the Sunday off.
Windemere
Duke
Duke

Post by Windemere »

Sofija wrote:While Sofija has more Fractal relics...
FYI - all game currency, including fractal relics, are shared on your account. So all your characters have them. :)
Thanks for the update. :yay
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Knight - August 24, 2014

Post by Sofija »

Thanks. Didn't know that about fractal relics. Will check and see what gear Hermod can get then. Really want an axe for him, but I will not change his name to Eugene :D (for those too young for the reference)

Sofija
Baron
Baron
Knight - August 24, 2014

Post by Sofija »

Zyera
Lady
Lady
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

Lunatta - Druid

Currently using a Staff/Staff Build for extra healing. I heard it's a great build to use when starting so we have a little extra healing to cover for mistakes so we can learn the fights. I will work on more ascended weapons for a more power build. I have berserker accessories as well so if I need to drop my toughness to accommodate. Working on a backpiece! Probably will be berserker as I have plenty healing power with my exotic Magi armor and two Magi Staffs.

Link: https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Lunatta

Ascended Gear-
  • 2 Staffs
  • Cleric: Rings, Neck
  • Berserker: Rings, Neck & Accessories
With my Berserker accessories already gathered, I can work on an alt sooner if they use those stats such as an Ele or Rev.

(note: I change to my other weapons in open world and such so my two staffs might not show up all of the time.)

I'm pretty flexible when it comes to days, but too early for me might be more difficult since I am PST.
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Sofija
Baron
Baron
Knight - August 24, 2014

Post by Sofija »

Just for comparison sake, here's Sofija. You can let me know if she's closer, though like I said, she is NOT giving up her hammer :D

https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Sofija%20Solburg
Elyon
Knight
Knight
House: Unicorn
Record: GW2:
~Recruited 5/2/16~
~Squired 5/10/16~
~Knighted 8/8/16~

BDO family name: Evanura

Post by Elyon »

Well, I am interested. I am not sure how ready I am though. Probably so-so. Here is my GW2 efficiency link (hope I did it right): https://gw2efficiency.com/account/chara ... 0Lannister

I have exotic gear except for my pistols and aqua breather, ha! I do have an exotic short-bow but I prefer my pistols. Obviously for raids I can use my short-bow though if needed.

As for ascended gear I have 1 ring, 1 necklace, and am close to my second ring. I need the back items & trinkets though.

I would have to figure out the meta build of my class. And how to post numbers... :dunno1

However, scheduling wise I am not 100% sure at the moment. I got a new job (yay) as a music teacher at the academy here and M-F will be busy. If I did get on during the week it'd be in short time slots, I imagine. Weekends would probably be best! I really won't know until August starts though.

I want to help, not hinder, so it won't hurt my feelings if I'm not ready or just a backup aka desperation :tears

:hailnor

Return to “Raider's Aerodrome”