Thoughts about alt characters

Ismene (Quirk)
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: Recruit: 9/26/15, Squire: 10/16/15, Baroness: 4/10/16

Thoughts about alt characters

Post by Ismene (Quirk) »

I'm very fond of Fribble and will most likely always consider her my main, but lately I've been playing alts and thinking about what we might need in the future if we ever really take a crack at raiding. I know the answer is most likely "play what's fun!" (which is one of the big reasons I like this guild so much), but is there anything we have a dearth of that we might need in the future? Part of the fun for me is knowing that I can pull my weight and contribute where and if needed :)

For example I have both a mesmer and a revenant that I enjoy playing (although the revenant I have to admit is extremely fun - kitted out with sword and axe, everything dies really fast!). Does anyone have any thoughts on which might be more useful than the other, or does it not really matter?
Guild Wars 2: Quirk.8056
Image Fribble Image (And too many more to count!)

SWTOR: The Kos Legacy
Windemere
Duke
Duke

Re: Thoughts about alt characters

Post by Windemere »

Considering we still need to PUG dungeon and fractal runs frequently, I don't think we have enough people to estimate what kind of roles will be needed for 10 man raids. :D

That said, my advice would be to take the classes that you enjoy playing the most and then go to MetaBattle and see which of those classes have the highest ratings in various roles. If there is a class you enjoy and has a high rating in one or two areas, that gives you some nice flexibility for grouped content and perhaps a direction as to where you might want to go.

My $.02. :hailnor
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
Ismene (Quirk)
Baroness
Baroness
Record: Recruit: 9/26/15, Squire: 10/16/15, Baroness: 4/10/16

Post by Ismene (Quirk) »

Thank you for another good site that I did not know about! Very useful :D
Guild Wars 2: Quirk.8056
Image Fribble Image (And too many more to count!)

SWTOR: The Kos Legacy
Valikk
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon
Record: Recruited by Zyera
Recruit - 04/22/2012
Squire - 07/29/2012
Knight - 05/21/2013
DMG; KP - 07/20/2013
Champion - 10/24/2013
DMG; DM - 03/19/2014
Baron - 03/19/2014
Count - 07/24/2016
Duke - 10/10/2017

Post by Valikk »

So this maybe far down the line BUT it's still something good to think about. This goes for anybody but when we are able to get into doing raids, we won't be able to take multiple of the same class, it just doesn't work like that especially in this game. Each class brings something special to the table, some more valuable then others. Being that we'd like to bring a multitude of class to this kind of large group events. Right now dungeons and Fractals really don't matter for what we bring, just have fun. But it's key to keep in mind what the end game goal will be about. :)

SWTOR - Witherbane Legacy
GW2 - Valikk.3810

Return to “Maiden's Whisper”