Epic Gray Wolf Den

bluebutton
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Epic Gray Wolf Den

Post by bluebutton »

In wiki parlance, this is going to be a stub because I don't know what happened. As a healer, I had a specialized role. I'm hoping the rest of the team will comment.

2/21/2016

Tank-Ziek
Healer-Blue
DPS:
Rabbit on SW
Thor and Benn as Thaum Oppressor CWs

Comments--
Getting to the final boss was quite smooth. Really nice to see those halls again after so much time. I think I only ran eGWF once before Mod 6.

Final boss
Ziek and Thor had the most experience. We decided to focus on whatever Ziek painted his big X on. We failed the first time. I think the ads just got to us. Also, with icy terrain, it was harder to see the red circles that preceded the purple hands that pop up.

For me as the healer, I changed 2 things the 2nd and final run at the boss.
1) I slotted [Aura of Vengence] instead of [Aura of Wisdom] which acted like a poor man's Burning Guidance. Every time the team took damage they dealt a bit of my damage back.
2) I stopped trying to follow the X. My dps is so low that it didn't matter who I swung at. The point of my at-wills is simply to build AP to cast [Shield of Faith]. This allowed me to stay out of the big pools of red.

Additionally, I knew to look through icy terrain to see the red announcing the purple hands.

More discussion of [Aura of Vengence] in the devotion OP thread.
*NOR/ BA-NW

Neverwinter--@abluebutton
Main: Krimsn (OP healer)
Alts: Kriket (GWF), Krifin (GF)
Mules: Krindl (SW), Kriplr (TR)

Guild Wars 2--bluebutton.1475
Onyx Ofnor
Ziek88
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Re: Epic Gray Wolf Den

Post by Ziek88 »

To add just a little info about my marking pattern. Generally the 3 damage dealers ignored my initial marks to wipe out surrounding archers. This was important and I was not able to see that far out to mark them. Then they followed my red X pain. I generally targeted a stormcaller, it would die. The red wolf would spawn. I would target stormcaller 2 and the wolf would usually die with stormcaller 2 around 25-50% HP. This was no problem as the AOE damage on the boss was enough to kill it the rest of the way before more spawnes. During the 2 add wave phases I tried to target the new adds first, then stormcallers.

All in all to think about it there isn't a lot to say. We went in and for the most part hulk smashed our way through. Between Rabbit, Benn and Thorgrim delivering massive damage and Blue and I mitigating the incoming damage this was not terribly hard compared to past runs. We are definitely getting much more powerful as a guild.

Final note. This was still a Conq build GF success. I know this will please my fellow tanks.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954

Return to “Dungeons”