Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Stronghold Economy Changes!

Post by Phelaia »

Source: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/never ... il/9787073

HIghlights:
Astral Diamond costs reduced substantially (~50-90% in many cases).
Tyranny and Fey campaign currency costs reduced significantly (~20-40% in many cases).
Guild Mark gain from AD and Glory contributions doubled.
Profession tasks that allow players to make crates of certain supplies, to then contribute to the Stronghold.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Re: Stronghold Economy Changes!

Post by Tundrra »

To me it looks like we can still take donations and fill up the coffers, but we wouldn't want to do any upgrading until the change goes through with mod 9.

Overall great news:)
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
CanisBlack
Squire
Squire
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Post by CanisBlack »

This has actually gotten me stoked - I've been leveling up my crafting (have Jewelcrafting, Leatherworking, and Weaponsmithing to 25 and am working on Artificing atm) in hopes that someday I'll get to do Masterwork crafting. Now I can do stuffs with my crafting before then and have it mean something.

Out of curiosity do we have any other would-be crafters?
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

IMHO, everyone please hold off on big donations, as they are changing the amount of guild marks you get from certain donations as well. We'll all need a bizillion guild marks for that Stronghold gear anyway, so let's all maximize guild marks while we're at it.

@Canis, I've never been big into crafting, as the investments are rather expensive to me, and the chances are low even with purple level assets. But, that might change, and if nothing else, I've got 11 toons that can all fetch boxes of AD.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

This is fantastic news.

Totally concur with Tundrra: keep contributing, but don't build another thing 'till Mod 9 launches and the discounts arrive.

We may also want to relax our efforts to earn AD through play and contribute it to the Stronghold for now. Not only because the bottleneck is about to be eased and we all need AD for our own characters, but because there's going to be another source of AD for the Stronghold, namely....

One particularly nice item from the news update: the Leadership profession, in particular, can be used to make "Astral Diamond" contributions to the Stronghold. So those of us with large Leadership armies can use them to power the Stronghold's AD coffers again!

I have multiple characters at level 25 in various skills (mostly weaponsmithing, jewelcrafting, and the relevant armor-making skill). And I would be delighted to use them to advance the Stronghold.
I'm always down for a dungeon!
CanisBlack
Squire
Squire

Post by CanisBlack »

@Tyrandil

I'd actually recommend restraint in the use of Leadership "Armies" to fill the coffers as I feel that's one of the few things that could cause Cryptic to go in and raise the required amounts again.

On second thought the rest of the community is going to be going full-steam ahead on that until Cryptic re-adjust to take said Leadership Armies into account :(
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Post by Tundrra »

CanisBlack wrote: On second thought the rest of the community is going to be going full-steam ahead on that until Cryptic re-adjust to take said Leadership Armies into account :(

I'm sure it will not be the quickest, we will have to make x and y items as resources then make the donation boxes. So it will not be the fastest route, but something easy to do from the gateway throughout the day.
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Post by tornnomar »

Hail *NOR/
This is most welcome!

This just may make the other professions viable again, because IMHO, they haven't been worthwhile since you could make Fomorian/Dread weapons. Then came Artifact Weapons...Of course they are still useful for making Enhancements/Reinforcments, and Jewelcrafting does offer the Personalized Rings.

As for Leadership, the AD crates will more than likely be 18 hour tasks and have the three stages with the small chance of larger crates succeeding.

For me just knowing the campaign currencies are being reduced is a godsend.
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"

Return to “Stronghold”