The Alpha Legacy - "Fall" Prelude to KotFE

Tell your stories, post bios, character histories ...
GuardianElite
Realm: RIFT
House: Griffon
Record: Recruited: 11/26/2013
Squired: 12/26/2013
Baron: 3/19/2014
Rejoined NOR as Squire: 5/31/2015
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Re: The Alpha Legacy - "Fall" Prelude to KotFE

Post by GuardianElite »

Moons of Kamino – Pursuit of Vaylen’s Fleet

Much to the annoyance of the Fleet Commander, RT was pushing. Vaylen fled Pzob with her forces and after RT gleaned as much information as he could from the systems the Zakuul left behind, he was surprised to find Vaylen still in system, almost waiting for them. Though he was warned of a potential trap, RT recommended and insisted an engagement. It was the original ‘Coalition’ fleet after all, most of these veterans had already seen what the Zakuul were capable of and the loss on Tantra still stung .

“Forward batteries fire, have the gunners stand by for manual control if there is a power spike, I don’t like that Ion weapon they have…”

Some of the Officers on the bridge were transplants after the fact, the losses on Tantra causing the replacements from the Drive Yards having a different frame of reference than the Tantra veterans. These others were looking at the Zakuul like any other enemy. As the Gunnery Officer looked at RT then the Commander, he slowly nodded giving RT’s order validity. The batteries opened up as Vaylen started the fleet into hyperspace.

“Track those ships!!! I want to know where she’s off to!!!”

The damage was light until RT and the rest of the Coalition fleet tracked the Zakuul fleet’s vector to the moons of Kamino. As the ‘Coalition’ fleet dropped out of hyperspace and into the frying pan that was Vaylen’s fleet as well as another re-enforced Zakuul fleet the battle was joined. It was a vicious cross-fire and a trap that Vaylen led RT and the rest of his fleet into. There was nothing left to do but fight it out. RT watched hopelessly as Vaylen’s flagship made it to the edge of the sector and went into hyperspace for destinations unknown. The entire trap was set just to allow her cover to escape. RT clenched his fist as he watched her escape, almost as if she set it up just to get under his skin.

Hutt Space – 11 Parsecs outside of Nar Shaddaa – Vaylen’s Flagship

Laughing outloud as she walked from the bridge to the Communications Salon, Vaylen entered the room and immediately lowered the lights. ‘How dare that Super-soldier order her around’, she thought. He routed her forces on Pzob, but now he had his hands full around the planet Kamino. There would be enough delay that Vaylen could do what she was commanded to do in the first place, regroup and prepare for the final push. As she knelt down finally getting fully to her knees the light of the blue-purple holo field lit up with the image of her father, the Zakuul Emperor.

“The feint was successful, your highness…the usurpers were not able to join their brethren on Belsavis. I trust my brothers were able to successfully complete their mission?”

There was an annoyed silence as the Emperor placed his hands behind his back in the life sized image gazing down at Vaylen. When he didn’t respond immediately, Vaylen looked up to see him watching her.

<“It was not. The continued meddling of the denizens of this Galaxy continues to vex me. But, it is no matter, we will accelerate our plans. Regroup and move your fleet to the Tion Cluster. I will have your brothers join you as soon as I reign them in. I have serious doubts about their ability to work together, there is something elusive going on with Thexan. These other ‘two twins’ they have encountered have his mind twisted, distracted. Your brother went off mission and failed to support Arcann on Belsavis, the artifact is lost. “>

Vaylen looked up and smiled viciously, “You should have let me go to Belsavis, father instead of leaving the artifact to them.”

<”The artifact is not important; it would have been useful in this final push, but unnecessary. Once we have control of this galaxy we will return for it and the rest of the technology at our leisure….”> Having said what he needed to say, the Emperor started to walk away in the image turning back around at the last minute to look at his daughter, <”Proceed to Tion, but…lay waste to this area of space. Your goading of one of these Alphas will cause him to pursue you. Give him something to look at when he arrives in this part of space…and destroy the Hutts.”>

Nar Shaddaa – Orbital Defense Grid

‘Speed Demon’ as Porchia’s ship was called settled into the hyperlane, just like everyone else. Very easily she could have identified herself as a VIP and entered the ‘fast lane’ for quicker arrival on Nar Shaddaa, such was the benefit of celebrity, but at the moment she could care less. Having no idea why her agent needed her at his offices on Nar Shaddaa, Porchia didn’t appreciate being summoned. Not that she was too good for it, Porchia didn’t appreciate being told ‘to do’ anything. You ask, you don’t tell. And Porchia planned on telling him as much after she bounced his head off the desk for summoning her.

At only 5’3”,many people underestimated the tiny pod-racing star. That was always to her advantage, too many times people started something they didn’t want to finish with her. It was humanoid nature to think you could best those slighter than yourself, Porchia’s special gift; beside her almost uncanny luck in everything, was her upbringing. How many children could say they were adopted by a Super-commando and raised in the Jedi Temple by their Aunt when that Soldier had to go away. Porchia grimaced thinking of her Father, she hadn’t talked to him in forever and that was just fine with her.

Though her Uncle Marstel had already explained her Father’s craziness and that he was now ‘himself’ again, she didn’t care. RT was responsible for her brother’s death AND THAT she would never forgive, sane or not. In Porchia’s estimation, you don’t get to go crazy, kill your family and get a pass. How crazy did they think ‘she’ was?!?! Porchia tapped annoyingly on the console as she drifted in the customs lane waiting to clear planetary control. As the gunnery platform next to her exploded, she jumped up nearly out of her seat, the light of the explosion lighting up her cockpit.

“Wha’ tha kriff?!?!”

Almost on instinct, Porchia grabbed the yoke and thrust her modified freighter out of the customs lane and into open space. The highline of the planet now framed with the landscape of over 82 foreign looking warships. Porchia squinted, where had she been and when did this all come about?!? ‘Oh yea’, she thought, ‘…I’ve been busy being in love.’ Porchia smiled wickedly as she thought of her new boyfriend back on Tatooine. Of course he wanted to come with her, but his just getting a new job would have caused him to lose it almost immediately. Besides, ‘It’s just an office call with my agent, I will be back before you know it’, Porchia played those words in her mind as she hit the hyperdrive computer and started calculating the jump away from Nar Shaddaa. This was the Hutt’s problem, not hers.

A myriad of enemy fighters swarmed by, several of them firing her direction. As the hyperdrive computer sparked and exploded, Porchia jumped back, several of the sparks burning her hand. Now, she was pissed.

“Ok, kriffers….you want it, ya got it!!!”

Flipping the ship around, Porchia hit the forward shields and activated the hull polarization she installed on her ship. The underglow on the ship that identified it as just another freighter quickly turned from a soft white to and electric blue, a little detail she added for effect. Porchia barrel rolled and flipped her ship in pursuit of the enemy squadron, who was already laying waste to the other ships in the customs lane, the orbital platforms started to return fire, but the speed of the enemy attack caught more than half the defense grid unaware. Porchia punched the communications console as she haphazardly put the headset around her ears, they were going to need support, there was a lot of these guys attacking. One, two…then three enemy fighters exploded to her cannons before they finally noticed her and changed direction.

<”This is Porchia Alpha in the ‘Speed Demon’….transmitting in the clear!!! Anyone on this frequency…Nar Shaddaa is under attack by an unknown enemy force, please acknowledge…”>

Kamino – Coalition Fleet Engagement

“Sir, emergency communications from Hutt Space…lots of transmissions, I am trying to clear it up…”

RT watched out the forward viewport as the fleet continued their engagement, explosions and lights of beams lighting his face as he watched impassively. As one of the 20 or 30 voices echoed throughout the bridge from Hutt space, the Communications officer continuing to try and clear them up; one voice in particular caught his attention. RT reacted like he was been burnt by something hot, jumping to the Communications Officer’s station.

“Wait!!...” He pointed at the signals fluctuating on the Officer’s station, “….that one there, isolate that one and play it back…”

<”This is Porchia Alpha in the ‘Speed Demon’….transmitting in the clear!!! Anyone on this frequency…Nar Shaddaa is under attack by an unknown enemy force, please acknowledge…”>

RT’s heart sank, it was his little girl. He immediately turned to the Commander, but said nothing looking past him to the Systems Officer, one of the men who been with him since Hutta. The look to the Fleet Commander was because he was about to do something he knew would anger the man.

“Bring the ship about and prepare for hyperspace…exiting the sector the way we came in. Have the Fleet break off engagement and follow as they can…”

The Commander gave RT an annoyed look as he moved slowly to stand next to him.

“What do you think you’re doing, this is my flee—“

Without any outward movement and moving almost as slow as the Commander walking toward him RT drew his blaster and pointed it at the Commander without looking at him. There was no time to 'ask' only 'tell' how it was going to be.

“My little girl is out there in Nar Shaddaa…and this little engagement of Vaylen’s just ended. This was all a tactic for her to get away and now she has engaged again….where would you like to be?”

The Comm channels were jammed as Porchia jerked the headset off and tossed it aside, her other hand still moving the ship quickly in and out of the fighter’s range of fire. The small freighter jarred and shook as the fighter’s who noticed her the first time dropped in behind her to get a firing tone. Porchia smirked, she may not have the manpower to operate all of her weapons systems besides an auto-computer, but she did have something else; one woman in a cockpit and a throttle in her hand.

“Let’s see how you kriffers like speed…”

Gunning the throttle, Porchia immediately jerked the yoke to her body; the ship leaping and jetting straight up and away from Nar Shaddaa. For a moment she felt queasy as the internal dampers in the ship tried to compensate for the sudden movement. There were explosions behind her as one of the fighter collided with another due to her sudden movement, the enemy pilots not able to compensate. They seemed to be draining their power cells trying to track her with raking fire, her speed always keeping her one step ahead of their target tracking computers. Porchia licked her lips and leaned forward into the viewport, the largess of the Zakuul fleet looming in front of her.

“Hmmm…keep playing Cat and Mouse, or take these boys home…??” Porchia twisted in a roll and jumped back into a flip with her ship as she sped toward the Zakuul Battlefleet, “Take em’ home , I think…”

Porchia had engaged Capital ships before, never this many, but she knew some tricks. Besides, she needed to get some of those fighters following her to give the Hutts a chance to get their defenses off the ground. Looking at her rear scanner she could see one of the squadrons following her and smiled wickedly. The smile quickly faded as the entire Zakuul fleet seemed to begin firing her direction. She veered right then left and increased her speed again to try and keep the targeting computers guessing. Her ship rocked once then jarred heavily as it began to slow, the computerized voice from the internal systems yelling at her.

<MAIN REACTOR AT 75%...74—70…MAIN ENGINES OFF-LINE….>

“Kriff!!” Porchia slapped the console as she watched the incoming fire and smirked, “Guess they don’t take prisoners…who are these guys…”

As the Coalition fleet began to drop out of hyperspace in a staggered formation, the Zakuul ships reacting sluggishly; dropped and listed slowly backwards, explosions ebbing from the rear of their ships as all of their defenses were placed forward for a planetary assault. Porchia’s eyes got wide at the voice on the internal speaker as it broadcast to the sector.

<”Nar Shaddaa…this is ‘Coalition’ Commander RT-946, we are on station and here to assist, have your tactical officers coordinate your attack with ours….”

Hitting the button to transmit and literally almost missing it, she watched as the ships previously firing at her either passed her or started to turn on the emerging Coalition fleet.

“Daddy?!?! Is that….you?!?!”
Mize, Level 60: Sith Juggernaut
Mrysti, Level 65: Sith Juggernaut
Sicness, Level 60: Sith Inquisitor
Amalgom, Level 60: Imperial Operative
Marstel, Level 60: Bounty Hunter
Karolin (Dark-side), Level 65: Sith Mararder

RTninefoursix, Level 65: Republic Vanguard
RTninefourfive, Level 60: Republic Commando
Karolin, Level 65: Jedi Sage
Porchia, Level 65: Gunslinger
Derrick-veruna, Level 65: Jedi Guardian
Beta, Level 60: Jedi Sentinel
V'ictoria, Level 60: Scoundrel
GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Belsavis – Republic Flagship ‘Honor’ – Holographic Tactics Room

Angrily, Mrysti punched the keys on the console as the icons flipped around and moved showing her the latest view of the Zakuul movement in the system. The icons not moving fast enough for her, Mrysti slammed her fist on the console, “Stupid machine!”. There was much irritation after her return from the surface and her near victory over Arcann. Especially after having to let him go, next time she might not be as lucky she surmised. The young man’s power in the Force continued to increase with every encounter, every experience he had in battle. Even now he was near capable of overcoming some of the finest warriors she encountered in her past.

But, that was not the only source of Mrysti’s irritation. Arcann revealing that Karolin not only left for Tantra to retrieve V’ictoria, but she was walking into a meeting with the ‘dark’ prince who everyone now knew as Thexan. Lately, Mrysti’s irritation grew to an almost avoidable occurance, even Kell who took to her immediately on Hutta now seemed to be keeping his distance like everyone else. They all chalked it up to her being a very angry ‘Sith’, but it was something more that Mrysti could not put her finger on. The War had everyone irritated, family matters; her sister Karolin’s annoying trip and keeping the REAL reason for going to Tantra. All of it had something to do with an attitude that had Mrysti literally on edge. And now as the Zakuul regrouped on the other side of the planet, Mrysti and the rest of the Coalition were seeing signs of a pull out by their forces.

Mrysti felt the approaching presence of her sister even before the door slid open and she made herself busy watching the tactical hologram, pretending she didn’t care. Inside she seethed with anger at Karolin. Walking in the anger rolling off her sister nearly made Karolin turn around and simply leave, instead she leaned against the wall. Mrysti already knew and Karolin wasn’t going to hide anything.

“I would have told you, but you would have wanted to go. And you needed to be here…”, Mrysti punched the keys so hard they nearly sunk into the console, still not looking up at Karolin, “Be mad all you want Mrysti, it didn’t concern you. It concerned me….and Thexan.” Mrysti quickly looked up giving a sarcastic angry glare.

“Oh, you’re on a first name basis now are you?!? Invite you to dinner? Make a second date?”

“Oh stop it. You are just being overly dramatic as usual. I went to get V’ictoria and he knew I was going…so he followed me.”

Mrysti slammed her fist against the console again as the screen frazzled slightly under the impact. She stepped away and folded her arms leaning against the opposite wall, her head down, “Did it EVER occur to you that it could have been a trap? That you could have been killed…how stupid are you, really?!?!”

“Stupid?!?! You’re calling ME stupid?!?! I’m not the one that went to their ship ALONE!! You’re the kriffin idiot…” Mrysti launched herself off the wall glaring at her sister.

“I was trying to end the War by killing that son-of-a-bitch!!”

“So was I, Mrysti!!!”

As Mrysti seethed and the two continued to stare one another down, Karolin got a sense of something from her sister, but the feeling she got passed and left as soon as she had it. Then it hit Karolin again, her eyes going to Mrysti’s abdomen and then back up to her face. Mrysti continued to stare not even noticing Karolin’s eyes were shifting. Slumping back against the wall, Karolin seemed hit by a brick as a slow strange smile started to come over her features. Looking down she started shaking her head and laughed slightly. Mrysti’s eyebrow rose as she dropped the sneer.

“What are you laughing at, Bitch! This is serious…”

Karolin continued to laugh as she moved to a chair and sat down lazily in front of the Holo-map. “I should have seen this…the anger, the increased irritability. You have been building in anger and irritation since you got out of the Kolto Tank.” Karolin leaned forward, “Any strange cravings lately…other than sex of course?!?!”

Mrysti dropped her arms, “What?!?! What the kriff are you talking about. I am trying to have a discussion about you taking off and you ask me about food?!?! Do you have any idea—I had my lightsaber at Arcann’s throat and let him go because I thought him and his brother were working together in some kind of plot back on Tantra!!” Karolin continued to watch her, still smiling strangely. After a moment she gestured to her sister lazily.

“C’mere…”, Mrysti tilted her head like a questioning animal. What the hell was Karolin up to? Slowly she moved over to her sister and folded her arms across her chest, still out of arms reach. Karolin sighed heavily, “No…closer. I want to see something.” Mrysti took another step forward, but still not close enough. Karolin reached out grabbing her sister’s wrist and pulled her. Karolin’s other hand immediately went to Mrysti’s lower abdomen. It was like an electric shock hit Karolin as she laid her hand on her sister’s skin. Karolin retched back quickly and giggled again lowering her head.

“What?!?! What!!!”

Looking up slowly Karolin sat back in the chair and kicked her feet up on the console placing her hands behind her head in a relaxed pose. Mrysti continued to watch Karolin strangely, “You’re pregnant….”

The floor seemed to drop out from under Mrysti as she grabbed the table for support and the room started to spin, “Wha—what did you say?!?!” Slowly she lowered herself into the chair next to her sister looking at her in shock.

“I said you’re pregnant. I cannot determine the time of course…but definitely pregnant. It would explain the irritability and the anger.” Karolin started laughing, “Void! You’re kriffin’ pregnant, Mrysti! Do you have—no it’s too soon for that. I’m just…damn, this is too much…” Karolin continued to laugh, but it was a joyful sound and not meant to be mocking. Mrysti’s color started to drain from her face as her hand started unconsciously rubbing her lower abdomen.

“I mean…I had forgotten that—I was going to get it fixed and then the War…I just didn’t…”

Karolin jumped forward almost out of her seat grabbing her sister’s wrist and smiling, “So…I know about Kell. Who else???” Mrysti quickly jerked her hand out of sister’s grasp sneering at her.

“No one else!!! Not since I’ve been here…” Karolin gave Mrysti a skeptical smirk, “Seriously…no one else.” Mrysti's mind drifted and more color drained from her face as she sat back. Slowly her head went back to the rear of the seat as she started lightly slamming it back and forth on the headrest closing her eyes tightly, “Rey…I slept with him before we left when I told him goodbye…like, forever…” Mrysti sighed and closed her eyes tighter, “I am so stupid…”

Again Karolin jumped, but this time completely out of the seat, “Stupid!?!? Mrysti…this is awesome news!! Do you know what this means!!?”, In her mind Mrysti was already going over the ways to terminate the pregnancy. Karolin could feel her conflict and dropped her smile, “Don’t you even think about it!!! I will hurt you!”

Looking up quickly, Mrysti dropped her head back down looking at Karolin with a terrified expression, “You are not to say anything…to anyone, got it? Not RT, not Marstel…no one. And especially not Vander Kell…I don’t know what I would do if he found out.” Mrysti laughed sarcastically throwing her hands up, “What am I saying?!?! I don’t even know if it’s his. It could be Rey’s…I am serious Karolin, Not. A. Word.”

Folding her own arms over her chest, Karolin gave her sister an incredulous look swearing to nothing as Mrysti watched her for a promise.

“I will promise not to say anything on one condition…”, Mrysti raised an eyebrow waiting, “No terminations. No abortions….nothing. You are having this child, the miracle of life is not to be played with…”

Running the gangway, RT trotted to the hangar bay and the ship that was docking in the midst of the battle. The Hutts got enough breathing room from the Coalition's arrival they were now responding with all of their might, one fleet with another on the way. The Zakuul now had their hands full. Unfortunately, once again Vaylen’s ship jumped into hyperspace after the arrival of the Coalition fleet. RT again folied in his attempt to get to the woman.

As the battle raged outside the forcefield the small freighter’s exhaust vents opened filling the bay with steam as the ramp to the small ship started to lower. RT was already there waiting, a broad smile on his face as the first glimpse of his daughter, Porchia made her way to the top of the ramp. She looked away purposefully and quickly walked down the ramp and past her Father without a word. RT dropped the smile letting his head fall as she passed.

“Not even a ‘Hi’…nothing.”

Porchia was seething with anger, it was the first time she seen her Father since going to his apartment with her brother to try and help him. Shortly after that, RT went to Alderaan and killed him. Porchia was not in a friendly mood for obvious reasons. Turning around in a flourish, she smiled wickedly throwing her hands up and letting them fall; slapping her thighs loudly. Unconsciously her hands brushed her blasters on both sides and she let them rest there.

“HI DAD!!! How the hell are ya?!?! Why aren’t ya in jail or dead?!?! Better yet why haven’t I killed you!!!”

Gritting her teeth, Porchia pulled the blaster pistol and pointed it at her father.

Frowning, RT stood up straight and looked his daughter in the eye. Her hand started to shake as she breathed between her teeth, her finger already starting to pull the trigger as RT started walking toward her slowly. They didn’t exchange anymore words until RT got close enough to stop and let the barrel of the blaster click against his chest armor. Porchia continued to breathe heavily, tears starting to form in her eyes as her skin flushed red. She grunted a scream at RT.

“I want you to die…you deserve to die…”

Bending down, RT placed his forehead against the barrel. Looking at her over the barrel he spoke softly.

“Then do it. You’re right Porchia, I deserve to die. You don’t think that’s why I went mad, because I wanted to die. Do it. No one is going to stop you, least of all me…”

Porchia’s jaw clenched, the muscles in her face grinded in time with her jaw as the tears kept falling. After a moment she screamed and pointed the pistol to the ceiling of the hangar firing off the full complement of the power cell in her blaster, a deathly scream emanating from her as she did so. RT closed his eyes in relief, but after he opened them he looked at the face of the very angry girl who continued to breathe heavily.

“Stay the kriff away from me! As soon as my ship is repaired and re-fueled I am soooo out of here…”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Porchia stewed in the room assigned to her, she wasn’t getting comfortable onboard the Republic Carrier. To emphasize that point she hadn’t even taken her gunbelt or her boots off; pacing the floor as she waited for word on her ship's repairs. The brief encounter with her Father left her frazzled and confused. RT had placed his forehead on the barrel of one of her blasters and practically gave Porchia the open invitation to kill him. And he was serious. That was what had Porchia frazzled at the moment as she placed a fingernail in her mouth and began to chew, still pacing the floor. Her thoughts ranged from how many pounds of pressure she set the triggers on her blasters to what would have happened if she would have pulled the trigger the rest of the way. Make no mistake, Porchia was pulling that trigger and she knew that already 5 of the 7 pounds of pressure required to complete a blaster shot were reached as RT placed his forehead on that barrel.

It was something she could never forgive, so why had everyone else so easily forgiven him? He killed his only son and her brother and to Porchia everyone seemed ‘alright’ with that. It was insane and made no sense. What had happened on Hoth when all of them went to ‘rescue’ him? Porchia bit into her nail bed shrugging. She didn’t care, all she knew was the hate she held in her heart and that was enough to fuel her until she could leave this place. In her mind she even contemplated threatening him to leave her alone, otherwise next time she saw him she WOULD kill him. A light knock at her door stopped her thoughts as she moved to open the portal with a press on the keypad. RT stood there looking rather embarrassed as Porchia huffed annoyingly and stepped back away from him and deeper into the room.

Walking in RT was silent a moment as he looked around, shifting nervously. Finally, he thumbed behind himself back to the hallway and smiled shyly.

“The engineers can’t make heads or tails of the modifications on the hyperdrive. Is that the same drive system you and I built together?”, Porchia folded her arms and looked out of the window into the center of the ship. There was no response as RT put his hands behind his back and took another step inside, the door sliding behind him. His gamble at small talk to break the ice between them was not paying off, “Well, it’s grounded Porchia. At least for a day or two. This War has resources stretched thin and I will have to requisition those parts probably from Nar, since we are in the system.” Porchia stayed looking out of the window as RT turned to leave, her non-responsiveness and anger making him decide leaving was probably the best course.

Still dressed in his full armor, he hit the keypad on the door and started to leave. RT wanted to tell her she would be safe there and that he would return as soon as he finished his assault on Nar Shaddaa, but at the time he didn’t think it mattered. Looking over at him, tears in her eyes Porchia finally broke silence.

“Why Dad? I just want to know why…why did you have to kill him? Why didn’t you kill me…or even Mrysti…why him?”

Letting the hand slide slowly off the panel RT put his head down, but didn’t turn around. The response was soft and barely audible as his voice cracked intermittently.

“I was never designed to love sweetie…you know that. You have first hand experience with that when I left you at the Jedi Temple with your Aunt Karolin…” He turned around his own eyes seeming to get a little damp as he smiled faintly, “I remember that day like it just happened, you were so litt—“ RT choked up and stopped for a second, composing himself, “…my programming cut in as you grabbed my leg and begged me not to go. Do you remember that? You begged me to take you with me and I couldn’t. That was the moment I knew, that no matter what else happened I could never fully process or understand strong emotion like that…” RT moved toward the table and pulled out a chair. Porchia continued to look away, but listened as she continued to watch the activity in the innards of the ship.

There was long pause as RT composed himself, there was no excuse for what he did except his own interpretation. Porchia was adopted and though at one time had implants provided by Project technology, they were removed a few years prior as she reached her teens and they failed. Not that she needed them any longer, Porchia’s body had gained the strength of a mature woman and was no longer plagued by the injury she sustained as an infant.

“When I lost Drem, my programming went haywire. I was not prepared to emotionally sustain a loss like that, I had never had to deal with it. Porchia, I even tried to terminate myself so that I wouldn’t have to go through it because I knew what was happening. It was protocol for all of us, if we can sense of feel that we are losing control we either return to the source or self-terminate. I knew what was going to happen if I continued to live…”, RT grimaced, “…but, your brother had them put me back together anyway. He decided he couldn’t live without me. Not a response I would have expected from him, being a Jedi. That decision was based on pure emotion.”

Turning around slightly at the mention of her brother, Porchia tossed her father a half glance. She remembered the day she went to the Alpha facilities to see her Father reconstructed and the resulting madness that came from it after RT woke and went on his rampage. Their reconstruction of him physically was successful, but they could not deal with the madness of his mind trying to deal with and comprehend the loss of something he valued more than his own life; the life of his beloved wife. Moving, Porchia put herself in front of the table looking down at him, she slapped it angrily.

“We went to your apartment!!! We tried to help you, but you didn’t want any help…you just wanted to wallow in misery and make yourself crazy!!!”

Swallowing hard, RT looked down again, “Understand, that I was already gone by that time. Your brother brought the ashes home and talked to me about how he wanted to go out and bury her. Porchia, he became the enemy when he tried to take her away from me. In my crazed mind I didn’t see her as alive or dead, I didn’t know what I was thinking. And then to deal with the fact that SHE left me and now she was leaving me again. My programming was frazzled it tried to rationalize thoughts and feelings it was not capable of dealing with and I…wiped out her seed from the universe forever. It’s what I thought I had to do.” Angrily, RT stood up, “No one…absolutely no one is more sorry about what happened!!! And if I could trade places with either your brother or your mother I would have!!! I would gladly give my life for him, her…even you.”

Moving to the door, RT had said enough. There was no desire to continue a conversation that only served to make him feel worse than he felt from the moment he threw himself off the top of 500 Republica on Coruscant. He touched the pad for the door and stopped, looking slightly over his shoulder, “There is no way I can ever say enough sorry or forgive myself for what I done, much less ask anyone to forgive me for it. I don’t expect you to forgive me, Porchia. And I am alright with you hating me…for the rest of your life if you need to. But know this…I have never for once stopped loving you. I will never stop loving you and if having you hate me is the only thing I can have of you, then I will take it…” The door slid open as RT started to walk out, the loud sob behind him stopped him in the hall as he turned back to see Porchia absolutely destroyed. RT walked back in the room and got close as Porchia looked up and slapped him as hard as she could. His face didn’t move as he took the slap, the skin getting red from the blow.

Porchia slapped him again, and RT took the blow his jaw shifting slightly. As she raised the hand again RT grabbed her and pulled her into him. Porchia fought at first and then just melted into her father, her tears dropping down on the front of his armor. RT pulled her in close and placed his hand on her head to hold her even tighter, “Shhhh….I know. You don’t have to say it…and I won’t either…” RT continued to rock his little girl lightly as she started to cry uncontrollably. The tears of so many months of separation and hate finally bleeding out of her. As the door slid shut again only the sounds of RT continuing to ‘shush’ her could be heard.

Belsavis - Zakuul Main Battleship – Meditation Salon

They exchanged no words on Thexan’s return from Tantra, both brothers seeming to avoid one another. It was clear to Thexan that Arcann knew, but in his estimation if Arcann wanted to say something he would. The trip to Tantra was no secret anymore, if asked directly Thexan completely planned to tell his brother anything he wanted to know. As the door to the meditation chamber slid open, Arcann walked in a sat along the pane of one of the large viewports showing the planet Belsavis below. Slowly and as instructed the large Zakuul fleet was slowly breaking off engagement and heading to the rally point. Arcann and Thexan would be the last to leave. Folding his arms, Arcann watched his brother in meditation, smiling playfully.

“Do you plan on trying again, Thexan? I mean…to take ‘her’ with us when we leave….”

It was the first time Arcann had said anything about the subject which hovered between them. Thexan slowly opened his eyes and stood just as slowly, the power of his legs rising him from the knee without any assistance from his other limbs. Thexan grimaced on the inside, but exuded calm. It was the first time he ever had a confrontation of this sort with his brother and secretly he wondered if Arcann’s power had increased to the point of actually seeing his thoughts. Straightening his armor and tunic, Thexan gave his brother a lazy look as he replied.

“No, we will meet again. I have seen it. There is no need for me to pursue her further. SHE will come to me.”

“Oh I’m sure she will Thexan….and most likely bring that large sister of her’s with her…”, His voice seemed to have a strange humor to it, Thexan noticed, watching his brother push off the pane and walk toward the entrance after speaking. Arcann stopped looking back into the darkened room, “She had me at the point of her lightsaber, Thexan. She could have killed me. How does that make you feel?” It was a trick question as Thexan turned to look at his brother, his emotions unreadable as he steeped himself in calm.

“I feel nothing. It was not your time to die Arcann, you had nothing to fear.” It wasn’t the entire truth of what Thexan was thinking as he watched his brother depart and the door shut behind him. Thexan did feel something, it was elusive, but he felt it surrounding his brother. Rage, anger and jealousy surrounded him and it wasn’t all directed at Thexan, though at the moment he was the source. Things would come to a head between them at some point he predicted, this latest thing with himself and Karolin being only one catalyst in a long list of things that vexed Arcann. But, Thexan predicted that the conquest would go smoothly as long as the two of them worked together as they always had done. He loved his brother, more than life itself. If only there were a way to reach him on the level he needed to and Karolin would help provide that key. Arcann was searching in the Force for the wrong things, fueling his anger through his emotion at situations he could not possibly control. His latest fight on the surface proving that point, though Thexan would be the last person to put that in his face. The lights dimmed momentarily as the ship board communications clicked on to the sound of the Captain’s announcement.

<”Entering the Hyperlane on the far side of Belsavis…ship jumping to rendezvous in 5 minutes. Key personnel please meet in the main audience chamber after arrival and be prepared to discuss the battle plan for the Assault on the Sith Homeworld…”>

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

As Galactic society and governmental stability started to break down, systems and planets once steadfastly loyal began to waiver. Both the Republic and the Sith Empire scrambled to send assurance to those planets and the people, in materials and forces; only the most important planets getting the enforcement determined to be the lifeblood of both factions. Other less important systems continued to rage and in some cases even reached out to the attacking Zakuul. The Empires of the Galaxy were stretched to their limits, not just by the overuse and deployment of their forces galaxy wide, but also by fear. Fear that ‘it’ had started and the ‘it’ could not be stopped. So determined were both the Sith and the Republic to hold it together, to keep what they had and not lose anymore to fear; what happened next, they never saw coming….

Korriban…

Walking down the ramp, Marstel smiled as Beta and he locked eyes. The larger man already swinging his hand back to bring it forward in a huge slap of a hand shake and a grasp of Beta’s shoulder. The Jedi looked up at his Uncle smiling, having to reach up at the much larger man to do the same.

“Uncle Marstel!!! It is so good to see you! When I heard you were headed here, I just knew it was sign in the Force…”, Marstel frowned slightly, but tried to keep a smile looking past Beta to all of the activity within the hangar bay. Most were headed for parts outside of Imperial Space, others were headed to reinforce the Imperial presence on worlds that were aligned, but wavering under Imperial Control. As Marstel watched them Beta took out the necklace he was given and held it out to Marstel, “She’s lovely, by the way. You are an incredibly lucky man.”

Still considering the words Beta said, though he didn’t have the Force he knew Beta was there for the same reason he was. This was the end. Beta knew it and though the Force didn’t scream it to him or give him the exact blueprint for it like Marstel had discovered in his finding of the Zakuul data; they were two men on the same mission. Marstel’s eyes drifted to the necklace and he faltered a second, slowly taking it in his huge hand and holding it gently. At least the Force in all of its wisdom had led ‘her’ away from here and it seemed had a plan that coincided with all of the visions and things Marstel had been told. The big man smiled faintly taking the necklace and securing it in the folds of the large jacket he wore.

“Yea, she’s kinda special. Did she say where she was goin’? I would expect Dromund Kaas…”

Before Beta answered his face lost its pleasant look as he looked out past the hangar forcefield into open space. Beta felt it in the Force even before the first ship dropped out of hyperspace. It felt like a herd of charging animals, so blinded by fear they didn’t know where they were going; they just charged. Marstel followed his eyes as Beta leapt on top of the bigger man, pushing Marstel to the ground. The explosions and screams of the alarms heralding the arrival of the largest Zakuul force the Galaxy had ever seen.

Nar Shaddaa…

What was once the jewel of the Hutt Empire and a prized recreation spot for the entire galaxy now stood in ruins. RT moved silently through the streets of the lower levels, the sounds of armored feet running past as Soldiers of both the Coalition and the Empire mopped up the last of the resistance. This was all too easy once he was on the ground. The battle lasting a mere three days, RT couldn’t help but feel underwhelmed by the response. It was like playing the second string team in a Huttball match. The enemy was outclassed and they knew it, but they still had to play. The main thoroughfare smoked in ruin as RT popped out the Holo-comm to the sound of it chiming with an incoming message. The image of his daughter made him smile, but he quickly lost the smile seeing the look of terror on her face.

“Dad, we need you back on-board the fleet…the rest of the Coalition is moving to a rendezvous point and we are preparing to jump. The Zakuul have attacked Korriban with a force larger than we have ever seen. Stay where you are….I am coming to get you….”

Inside, the buzz stated at a low hum in his mind. Korriban, it was where all of what his sister had been telling them all along everything was going to happen. RT smiled faintly to himself as he looked up watching the approaching ship and murmured to himself.

“So this is it then…”

RT Holo-comm and looked skyward as Porchia’s running lights illuminated his position. It was time.

Belsavis…

Standing on the hillside, the emotion of watching the remnants of what was left of the main garrison burn was too much. Mrysti wiped her eyes and cursed herself for not killing Arcann when she had the chance. With her emotional level as high as it had ever been, she let the lightsaber fall out of her hand, just lowering her gaze for a moment. This was all too terrible. A galaxy engulfed in War and she hated to be right. It was as if she was the Harbinger of the Destruction of everything she knew and everything she loved.

At that moment she wanted to be anyone other than Mrysti Alpha. It felt like waiting for an execution, the waiting…the waiting. The dreadful sick anticipation that the terror was about to start and she couldn’t make her stomach stop it’s tight queasiness. Leaning off to the side, she vomited all of the bile building up in her stomach and rubbed her abdomen. Her ‘baby’ letting her know he/she felt it too and also that Mrysti was not doing them both any favors by not eating. Belsavis was the one of the many planets razed by the Zakuul, but she couldn’t help but know it wouldn’t be the last. It was Mrysti’s curse, her vision based prophecies had all come true. All except the last one and already she was having visions of a future after everything was gone.

The shuttle landed behind her as Mrysti quickly stood up straight wiping her eyes and mouth quickly to hide that she had indeed given into her pregnant emotions. Stopping at the lowering ramp, Karolin looked at her solitary sister sympathetically. Such a burden to bare, only because Karolin had already made peace with her end had she been able to deal with the same level of emotion and the visions. Shuffling over to where Mrysti stood she said nothing looking out over the remnants of a planet that once teemed with the life both free and imprisoned. Karolin knew what was coming and as she gestured to the shuttle for Mrysti without so much as a word, Mrysti knew it was time. The end was here and they were headed to Korriban.

Korriban…

Ship based planetary batteries razed the surface of the planet as the Zakuul dropships began their landing. Marstel watched through a foggy haze, the lights of the station having been knocked out, the power fluctuation within the hangar bay. Beta was in his face speaking, but he couldn’t hear until he gained his full sense again, the words finally coming through.

“…we have to get out of here and to the surface, Marstel! I am sure the others are on their way, we need to make ready for them and ensure there is still a planet here when they arrive...”

Marstel lanced out at the battle ensuing in space, the meager Imperial Fleet now engaging the Zakuul at almost point blank range as their battle lit up the orbit of the dusky planet. It was worse than any hornet’s nest Marstel had ever witnessed or knocked over. And with the amount of ships the Zakuul arrived in, they were planning to stay. Both men looked up as the next to last transports rocketed out of the hangar bay moving toward the hyperlane out of Korriban space. It wouldn’t be long now before the Zakuul got wise and simply destroyed the station.

Grabbing Beta, Marstel pulled him into his own ship and screamed as he leapt the stairs to his bridge two steps at a time, “Get on them guns!!! We gonna clear ‘a path!!!”

Coalition Fleet Rendezvous – Republic Flagship ‘Honor’

The door to the bridge slid open as RT entered, the grim look on his face subsiding slightly as he looked at his sisters. Porchia stood behind him, seeing Mrysti before the larger of the two sisters turned to see the two of them enter. As the two women locked eyes, Porchia gave Mrysti a deathly stare, her hand unconsciously going to her blaster without realizing it. Mrysti pursed her lips and nodded at the purple haired girl.

“Porchia.”

“Aunt Mrysti.”

‘At least she said ‘Aunt’, RT thought as he stepped in between them forcing a laugh, “Well that’s pleasant, now that all of us are thoroughly creeped out by that weird vibe…can we get underway?”

Porchia moved off to the side keeping her eyes locked on Mrysti as the rest sauntered over to the tactical map. The Commander starting to point and identify key locations in the sector. Mrysti gestured at all of them expanding the view and then downsizing it to just a look at the planet of Korriban.

“It looks like they have thrown everything into this engagement. This is their push, they win here…there is nothing stopping them from controlling the rest of Imperial territory.”

Never as good at the ‘space’ part of tactical planning as a ground battle RT punched up the land map and quickly colored all of the enemy units in red, “This looks like at least 30 regiments…all of them re-enforced with Knights and heavy mech support….”, he smiled wryly, “Piece of cake…”

Looking over at each one in turn Karolin took on a more questioning gaze, “And what support are we receiving?” It was Mrysti’s turn to look worried as she glanced over at the Commander then everyone else.

“No Republic support…but that was expected…” Mrysti pursed her lips again and breathed out heavily, speaking as the Commander of the Coalition, “We are committing everything. All of our ships, every Soldier, every weapon….this is it. It’s all or nothing.” They all nodded solemnly at her words, the ships already starting to move into the hyperlane, “I expect that we will see the Imperial Forces piecemeal back into Korriban as the Dark Council calls back to outlying systems for support on the Homeworld, but this could be over in days before they get here.”

As the group dispersed, Mrysti rubbed her abdomen unconsciously and walked to the exit, moving toward the dining facility. It had been at least a day since she ate last and her ‘baby’ was letting her know about it. As she left, she felt Porchia’s presence jump in behind her. Mrysti stopped her walk and was about to turn and talk sympathetically to the girl. There was no time as Porchia was already on the Dark Lord’s heels and in her face as Mrysti turned to face her.

“I know ya didn’t kill my brother…an' my Father did. But that don't make us alright, just so ya know. You’re a kriffin’ bitch! An' if we didn’ have ta fight this battle, I would shoot ya where ya stand!”

Mrysti smiled wickedly folding her arms as she looked down at the smaller woman, “I fully expected this outburst much sooner than today…I do remember you tried to kill me on Coruscant, that little trap you set was quite ingenious…”

Porchia smiled back in the same wicked way, shrugging nonchalantly, “It was tha least I could do in return for the way ya treated my Mother…”

Mrysti sneered as she balled her fist, turning to walk away. It had been almost a year since the incident which led Mrysti to Mandalorian space and the pursuit of RT’s wife. She was not prepared to once again justify her actions, especially to a girl she saw as not mature enough to understand the inner workings of the Alpha Legacy. Porchia screamed as Mrysti turned her back to her.

“Don’t you kriffin’ walk away from me!!!”, Rage seethed in Mrysti as she visibly flushed a shade greener, her eyes flashing red just briefly as she slowly turned back around. Porchia started stalking forward as she gestured with her hands, “If I am gonna die on some Sith cesspool, if any of us are…you an I are gonna come ta an understanding, right now…”

If Porchia was anyone else, Mrysti would have and still wanted to crush her like a grape. But she controlled her anger folding the arms back into her chest even among the shaking as her anger continued to build. She said nothing preparing to let the little girl speak.

“See tha way I figure it…I owe you. I let you live an’ in doin’ so I got my Father back. So thas’ one thang, but it don’t make us friends. We’re family, I ain’t gotta like ya, hell knows I don’t. But fer wha’ you did ta my Mother, there has got ta beh a reckonin’.” Porchia looked down, “…buh tha’ ain’t gonna come frum meh. An eye fer an eye ain’t gonna do it, it jus ain’t enough fer wha you done. You deserve a lot worse and I gotta feelin’ it’s comin’. And on tha day…tha day Aunt Mrysti, I am gonna be standin’ there and I am gonna watch while you pay fer every last little bit of anything you ever dun, includin’ murderin’ my Mother….you ‘member tha’ and you thin’ ‘bout tha when we git ta Korriban. Fate es watchin’ you. An I know a little sumthin’ ‘bout fate….” Porchia started to walk off, but slapped something in Mrysti’s hand before she walked off, “Fate…always collects.”

Porchia disappeared down the hallway and Mrysti finally looked down at what Porchia placed in her hand. It was her brother’s lightsaber. Mrysti nearly dropped it like it was molten at the irony of the whole thing. Fate, it did have a way of collecting its due. Smiling faintly, Mrysti clipped the lightsaber to her belt and turned to continue her walk to the Dining Facility. Humming to her herself, she began a line of thought which only those tested by fire and tempered by the kind of life she endured could understand….and only those worthy could make the tough decisions.

Join in my…
Join in my child…
And Listen…
Dig-in through…
My Old Numb Shadow…

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Korriban - War Deployment Music (In Order)

Entering the Atmosphere

The Brothers Battle Marr and His Forces

Mrysti Takes Command

5 Minutes

Marstel drops In and drops Off

"I see you" - Coalition Forces Arrive

Korriban…Day One – Sith Academy

They made it all the way to the Academy in the initial push, both brothers wanting to end this quickly it seemed. The Zakuul razing the ground based and planetary defenses in an effort to make the progress of their land based forces easier. But as they approached the Academy, the ground got thick with the sound of clashing lightsabers. Arcann quickly pulling his force back alongside his brother to call up an even larger force of Zakuul Knights. The tension between the two of them seemed to have melted away in the past two days, the conquest of the outlying moons, the silencing of the Imperial monitoring stations. All of it seemed to have both brothers on the same page, but it was not lost on Arcann the excitement in his brother, Thexan at hearing their father’s last decree: ‘All Heroes of the Republic or the Empire were to be spared and captured at all costs.’ Though Arcann did not fully understand, he did not question edicts by his Father, but it meant so much more for Thexan to hear it. It meant that his pursuit and capture of Karolin was now completely justified. A fact that infuriated Arcann to no end, as he wished only death on the two sisters who had shown him their boot at every turn. But, it was going to be a long conquest of this planet and a hard fought one it seemed, things could change and in Arcann’s mind would change. Karolin would die, he would see to it personally even at the expense of other objectives, her elimination was paramount on a personal level.

As the Sith continued to push the Zakuul away from the Academy and into the Valley of the Dark Lords, Thexan saw who the Sith was leading the assault and smiled, keying the communication to his brother just over the next ridge.

“Arcann, Darth Marr is leading this attack. And he has half of their Dark Council with him…”

There was more reason to tell Arcann than Thexan let on, he knew that only together could they best the 'Darkest of the Dark Lords' and though the embattled Sith had yet to see him, they had the advantage of surprise; all of their forces laying in reserve for the final push into the Academy. Thexan waited almost impatiently for his brother’s arrival, that he nearly led his forces into battle without his brother’s support, the Sith starting to create a bubble to operate out of by pushing back the lead force of Knights who’s objective it was to secure the Academy. Thexan watched as the massive Dark Lord plowed, choked, shocked and sliced his way their direction, still unaware of the massive forces under their command on the ridge behind them. Perhaps it was hubris, perhaps it was the fact that since the invasion started a day prior, the Sith were finally starting to believe they could win; with the bodies of the Zakuul piling up in their courtyard who could disagree.

As Arcann stood up on the ridge, Thexan stood up beside him. Darth Marr sneered under his mask thrusting the saber out toward the two solitary figures.

“Bring me those two…alive if possible, dead…is just as good.”

--

The scream of the assault shuttles cut through the air as Mrysti and the Coalition dropped out of the upper atmosphere. As was her normal routine, Mrysti had her head out of the troop door, half her body hanging on the outside of the shuttle as she held the troop bar behind her after dropping into the upper atmosphere. The hot wind blasted her face as one of the Imperial Commandos under her command handed her the headset and nodded. Comm traffic as busy as she expected. Looking left and right, the sky was dotted as far as she could see with the assault shuttles of the Coalition. Smiling as she noticed it, Vander had made sure all of the shuttles, Republic and Imperial had been emblazoned with the symbol of the ‘Coalition’. That Dragon hatchling screamed off each side as it carried their banner into the battle, her finger going to the ear to push the speaker further in to listen over the din of the shuttle’s engines.

<…”Roger…this is Unit 612, Darth Marr has ordered an advance…all forces rally on the Council…advancing now. We are pushing them back….”>

<…”Acknowledged 612 this is 817…advancing on your position now…”…>

Dipping into the valley, Mrysti and the Coalition raced toward the advance. Darth Marr was leading this assault, she smiled to herself. That was a bold move, not that he was not capable, no one was more personally powerful than the ‘Lord of the Dark Lords’, but they must have been truly winning this battle if he was indeed ordering an advance. Her jaw nearly dropped as they came up over the primary ridge and out of the valley behind the Zakuul. They were not even close to the Academy yet and all Mrysti could see were Zakuul infantry and armored forces as far as the eye could see. Did Darth Marr know what was behind that ridge or did he just not care? Quickly she thumbed the transmission toggle on her headset keying for general transmission planetwide.

“Attention Imperial Forces….this Darth Retuvisa…hold that assault, I say again…hold!! Darth Marr does not have all the information…stop your advance…OVER!!!”

Static was the initial response as finally the hubris filled voice of another Darth filled the frequency; the loud whine began in the transmission field.

<”Hammer, this is Darth Charnous…while your presence is welcomed, you are not authorized to question the orders of the Sphere of Offense…he has made a command and we shall obey…”>

Mrysti slammed her fist against the door and screamed out through the open air as her hair whipped around her face, almost as if she was yelling directly as the one responding to her as she keyed the device again.

<”Charnous!!! Listen to me!! He has no idea what he’s walking into…I just came up behind them and---“>

The response was cut short as anti-aircraft fire and flak erupted around the Coalition shuttles rocking all of them as the pilots began evasive maneuvers. Porchia screamed over the internal monitor as she juked the yoke of the shuttle right then left. Volunteering to fly the shuttle, Porchia just didn’t trust anyone else to fly her family, especially her father. There was no way she was sitting this out, even at her father’s request. Finally the argument ended when she said, ‘Die here ‘r die in a few weeks when they make it to Tatooine….what’s the difference Dad?!?!’ Porchia was right of course and RT had to admit he was thankful she was willing to do it. Having a professional pod-racer and pilot flying your shuttle just increased your chances of survival exponentially. Plus, he did want her close.

<“Grab onta sumthin!!! This tub ain’t a fighter!!!”>

As Mrysti recovered from nearly being knocked to the floor by Porchia’s death defying flight patterns, she looked up to see the Academy approaching and framing the horizon. It was with a great sadness she saw the Imperial Force advance and in front of them the 10 to 1 odds of the Zakuul just starting to take up ready positions and move forward. This was going to end badly, Mrysti’s objective now to get to Marr before he committed any further, but it was death to land in front of them as the advancing Imperials were already too close; the blaster fire and glow of lightsabers already reflecting off the first of the Zakuul Knights to come up behind the two brothers.

“Porchia!!! Set up down in front of the stairs…just us!!!”, Mrysti pressed the toggle for ship to ship communications, “Flight….this is lead, drop behind that east ridge and begin your landing, use the Valley of the Dark Lords to lead you to us, we will be engaged when you arrive. Hurry…”

Thexan raised the saber at the advancing Sith Lord, Arcann close behind as the screams of 10,000 Zakuul rolled over the hill behind them. The sheer numbers stopped the advancing Council Members as they lost their smiles, a couple even stopping long enough to look back at Darth Marr. Unabated, he glared at the looks and hesitation, Force Leaping into the fray in front of them and pointing his saber toward the two brothers.

“Advance!!!”

It was a blinding flash of yellow and red as the two sabers of Thexan and Arcann met the saber of Darth Marr, the Zakuul seeming to bend around the three as they advanced on the rest of the Imperials with the Sith in the lead. Mrysti struggled to see it as she drew her own saber, Karolin moving quickly up behind her as she started to channel the Force into a bubble around them. There were flashes on the hill and the movement of the multitudes, it wasn’t till she felt it that Mrysti stopped cold touching her ear-comm. Her face went ashen as she swallowed reluctantly speaking into the comm system.

<”All Forces…this is Darth Retuvisa, the Coalition is assuming Command of the planetary defense. Darth Marr has fallen, I say again…the Sphere of Offense is down….”>

Moving up next to his sister, the loud whine of the cannon’s power cell cranking on and arming to fire, RT grabbed her shoulder and pulled Mrysti back slightly.

“You seen it, no heroics…we need to give them 5 minutes to get here and we can hold this…stand your ground, no advancement….”, Getting her saber at the ready, Mrysti nodded and lowered herself into a fighting stance clenching her other fist. Karolin started murmuring as she cast her eyes skyward and channeled into the Force with RT taking position next to them both, “This is it!!!....” The first of the bolts and rushing Zakuul getting to them as his cannon erupted in blazing fire, “Give ‘em hell!!!!”

--

With his trigger fingers getting tired and the sense in the Force getting dulled, Beta spoke into the Internal Comm. Familiar voices were yelling on the planetary frequency as excited he exclaimed to his Uncle, “Marstel…they’re here!!! I can hear the break up of frequency planetside!”

Marstel heard it too, but grimaced. The sounds in his cockpit were not breaking up as he caught the last snippet of communications from Mrysti broadcast planetwide. They were in trouble and swinging the ship around he headed into lower orbit, his playing with the Zakuul battle fleet had come to an end, it was time to do some ‘real’ work. A slight laugh escaped his lips as he heard Beta scream in dismay at having been lurched in the gun pit so harshly, the internal dampers not as high class on his ship as some of the other’s Beta had most likely been on.

“Hey!!! Take it easy…I just had lunch!!”

--

Spinning almost out of control Mrysti’s purple lightsaber became a streak of light next to her as it wizzed and sliced through the advancing troops. The sound of the Force exploding next to her in the form of Karolin’s ‘Disturbance’ wave rocketing and echoing off the armor of the advancing knights. Even as steeped in the Force as she was, Mrysti had doubt creep in. It was the longest five minutes she ever was going to endure; flipping in the air and getting a little further away from the others as her saber cut, slashed and impaled several others to her battle cry. A fist connected with her face knocking her back slightly as RT zoned in on her position killing the attacker and two others behind him. Realizing she was getting further away, Mrysti backed up as the next wave began their rush. Catching her breath she spoke in between them looking over at her brother, “How long has it been?? Has it been five minutes yet???”

--

Seeing the chaos at the Academy, Marstel angled the ship coming up over the other side of it and behind his siblings. Like his sister Mrysti, Marstel’s jaw nearly hit the floor. There was no way they were going to make it out of this and it made him immediately decide to stay in the ship, but he keyed the Comm to Beta.

“Halo-cast…they need support…” Beta was already unbuckled and out of the seat before Marstel even finished speaking.

Modified turbo lasers tore through the lines as Marstel passed, all three of his siblings looking up and giving a quick smile. It faded as Marstel was low over the Zakuul lines and took a full compliment of anti-aircraft fire. The freighter listed and began to smoke darkly as it disappeared past the Zakuul and deep into their forces depth, they all could see a tiny explosion on the horizon. RT and Mrysti looked at Karolin who just smiled, “He’s fine….don’t worry…” In her concentration on her brother Karolin didn’t see the closeness of the three advancing Knight who charged over an outcropping directly at her. Beta dropped from the upper ridge, his signature spin; both lightsabers pronated and extended away from him in a ‘pinwheel’ as he spun into the unfortunate attackers with a blur. Turning he smiled in his usual charming way, looking at RT and Mrysti before smiling at his Mother.

“Took you guys long enough, you know the food on the Korriban station is horrible…”

Just about to question her son, Karolin looked past him and grimaced as the ‘clack-clack’ sound echoed next to them; RT changing out a power cell. Bringing the cannon back up he pointed back the only direction he had been for the past four minutes. Mrysti nodded at Beta, bringing her saber back up to a guard as he did the same, RT calling out for all of them to hear. “One Minute!!!”

--

The death of Darth Marr was satisfying as Arcann finished the remainder of the Dark Lords under his command. Thexan seemed to be preoccupied after dispatching the Dark Lords next to him and looked out toward the steps of the Academy. Seeing what his brother was looking at, he sneered and screamed into his wrist Comm, “Full Assault!!! Everything now!!!” Looking at his brother, Arcann spoke with his lip turned up slightly, “This ends today…and you can forget your Mirialan whore….” Thexan watched as Arcann stepped away dropping back down the edge of the ridge and out of sight; things were not as good between them as he thought; turning his eyes back toward the steps Thexan followed him slowly, reluctantly.

The first glimpse of white caught Mrysti’s attention as she slashed and fought her attackers, doing as she was told and holding the ground. But it wasn’t the clothing that caught all of her attention, it was the aura in the Force. One red, the other blue; both brothers walking side by side unabated through the ranks and headed their direction. Gritting her teeth, Mrysti sneered in return glancing at RT and stepping forward. “We don’t have a minute…”

Rage that swelled in a tidal wave, Mrysti lifted her hand and cleared out the regulars in front of her with a blast in the Force. Arcann raising his saber toward her returning the sneer. All that needed to be said between these two was said on Belsavis. Thexan glanced at Karolin and looked down as he too brought his saber up in Mrysti’s direction. Running up next to her Beta stomped down in a fighting stance for support and waited. They were mere yards from one another when the rest of the Coalition came up over the Academy valley, blistering fire erupting at their charge; 5,000 strong. It was their push and the Zakuul were withering under the onslaught. Not wanting to waste a moment Mrysti started forward with her eyes locked on Arcann as a hand grasped her arm. Looking angrily at Beta he smiled sympathetically.

“They are falling back, Aunt Mrysti….there will be another time. They are not going anywhere….”

--

Arcann cursed to himself as he turned around, not wanting to break eye contact with the ‘Hammer’ his last look seeming to say, ‘Yes, you’ve seen me…and it is the last thing you will see before you die…’ Thexan stayed a moment after his brother turned, his eyes locked on Karolin as she tiredly dropped her arms and heaved breathlessly. He wanted to smile at her so badly, but couldn’t not after today, not after what they had done. Joining his brother, Thexan turned with the retreating Zakuul back over the ridge. The Academy was now a strongpoint for the Coalition, but it was not the only strongpoint for the Zakuul or the only objective. The fleet in orbit would decimate re-enforcements and soon there would be another way around the Academy.

Stooping over, Mrysti allowed herself a first rest after the ensuing battle. Her stomach heaved and threatened to upend itself once again as everyone looked at her strangely, everyone except Karolin who simply smiled and looked away like she didn’t know anything. The arrival of the Red Twi’lek Lord stopped everyone from watching Mrysti as the Twi’lek stopped before her and bowed awaiting Mrysti’s acknowledgement before speaking.

“My Lord Hammer, WE have come to the last of the Darths in the Academy. I am the most senior of the Lords and have what force remains with me…what are your orders…Commander.”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Korriban – Day Two

The Zakuul, under the direction of Thexan and Arcann seemed to be making a round-about in returning to the Academy. As their army moved across the planet, scores of Imperial and Republic soldiers were being slaughtered. Cut off from the command and control of the Dark Council, there was no direction but Mrysti and the Coalition and she was nearly blind as her fleet withdrew from Korriban space to fight another day. Any re-enforcements from the Core Worlds were being chopped up before they were any use on the ground and Thexan as well as Arcann knew they had the ‘run’ of Korriban.

In Thexan’s mind, he was satisfied that at the very least his brother seemed to be back on task. Their power and their bond still strong, Arcann had not mentioned again what happened at the Academy on the first day, but inside Thexan knew his brother was still thinking about it. As they passed another series of tombs, the dead Imperial troops lying scattered about the entrances, Arcann sneered.

“These Sith and all of their mysticism and tombs…makes no sense to me.”

Thexan smiled as he walked to the entrance of one and stopped, raising his hand in the opening to feel the cool air coming from within. There was something to be said about their ‘power’, what the beings of this galaxy refered to as ‘The Force’. Thexan had no desire to enter these tombs. More attached to the ‘Living Force’ than his brother Arcann, Thexan already knew what was in there. The ghost and Force Entities of over a millennia of the beings of this galaxy using the power that the both of them were still growing into. And Thexan respected that. Smiling at his brother as he turned to follow him, Thexan shook his head slightly. Arcann could continue to take this lightly and disrespect the denizens of this place, but he could feel they would have a way of repaying that disrespect, especially here. Not that Thexan had any desire to have his brother harmed, but he could do well to learn some respect. That was a lesson unfortunately that Arcann never learned as they grew up.

Rounding the hill, Arcann opened the Holo-map and looked down, “Technical and Scientific research area. This should prove interesting…” Drawing his lightsaber, Arcann followed the forces down the hill and into another valley. One by one the areas of the planet were being hunted and exterminated piece by piece. It wouldn’t be long before Arcann could turn his sights back to the Academy and his nemesis. The very thought of 'her' sickened him. Before, he wanted Mrysti’s power as a guide to help him grow. His offer was at the time sincere, but with the arrival of the other one; Karolin, that all changed. Seeing the effect all of Karolin's light had on his brother Thexan, unconsciously it created a rift between the two of them that neither of them were willing to freely talk about.

Both boys grew up together and were as close as two twins could be. When Arcann hurt, Thexan was there. When Thexan need a shoulder, Arcann was there. Missing the love that both of them craved, Arcann and Thexan loved one another in ways that only a son COULD love a father; in a sense they were their own parents growing up and depending on one another the same way a child would depend on those same parents. Arcann harbored the feelings of rage from the show at the Temple, but as he looked over at the serene face of his brother, Arcann knew his brother secretly held a hope he could get to Karolin. Sneering, Arcann kicked a rock out of the way murmuring, “Not if I can help it….”

Sith Academy

They all jumped at the sound as Marstel grunted and appeared around the rock outcropping. In one of his hands he drug the corpse of a Zakuul Knight tossing it down in front of his siblings. They were surprised to see him so quickly, RT cut a smile and glanced at his Chrono.

“Getting old, OLD MAN!” The two brothers smiled broadly at one another as RT dropped the cannon and hugged his larger, younger brother tightly slapping his arm, “Good to see you too buddy!” Marstel seemed out of breath as he looked around at the carnage brought about by his siblings and the Coalition finally casting his eyes at the dead knight he laid at their feet. Putting his head down, Marstel wanted to tell them; had been wanting to tell them since Endor, but now it seemed fruitless. Here they were and there was no way of backing out. He looked up at RT having not said anything so far, just sitting down and struggling to frame the words right. As they all watched Marstel he reluctantly reached up pressing his neck and activated his programming.

His eyes clouded as the genetic template pressed into him and altered his genetic code, his higher brain functions activating all of his mind; the words no longer needing to be framed. Still, he couldn’t take the logical direct course with them, they were his siblings, there was emotion involved. And even though Marstel activated his programing to aid him in logical discourse, he still had to be somewhat caring in his words. They all saw him activate and wondered why, no one said anything as Marstel made a visible sigh getting up to look at all of them.

“You all know, I love you right? So what I am going to say comes from that place. This isn’t me trying to run or hide from a fight, you know me better than that….” He paused and still fought the programming as it tried to just make him lay out the facts. Finally he raised his arms and laughed half-heartedly, “We can’t win guys…” He paused again and looked at Mrysti, “So far everything see has seen has come true…all of it. And there’s more…” Moving over to the rock outcropping he propped himself up and spoke as if giving a lecture, “These Zakuul have been planning this for years, ever since we started the War in our galaxy. They see us as an unjust threat and they absolutely will not stop until all of us are wiped out; that’s justice for them! That’s their way of setting things right! And they will fight to the bitter end because they have something we don’t…they believe in what they are doing, they are resolved in it…” Mrysti started to speak but Marstel gave her a glare to ‘shut up’ and let him finish. She lowered her head. “And my reason for saying all this? Because the only thing I care about in the universe is standing right in front of me. I don’t want this fight, I don’t want us fighting it. What I want is to get all of us on the nearest shuttle and fly us the hell out of here!!! We don’t need it and we don’t need to help save the galaxy yet again, especially when all it is going to do is get us all killed!” Marstel glared at Mrysti, but it turned sympathetic, “She’s been right all along. How many more of us have to die before you finally realize that if we continue down this path, she is going to continue to be RIGHT!!!”

There was a long silence between them as all of them looked away from one another. This was a hard choice, Marstel was right, but as RT looked up at him he thought about the path he and his brother had always been on together. It was Marstel’s path to be the conscious and the backbone of the family. It was his job to say the kind of things he just said and make them think. Marstel was never about saving the galaxy or doing the loyal thing to whatever cause they all were supporting. Whenever the Alphas got into trouble Marstel was there to support ‘them’ and never the cause. So it was with a smile that RT spoke to Marstel and them the rest of his siblings, eventually looking at all of them.

“You know, he’s right guys. And I will not dispute what Marstel has said here. But…” RT smiled again, his eye looking at the emblem on his shoulder; the emblazoned Krayt dragon holding in its claws the banner of the ‘Coalition’, “…I am a Soldier. And we are NOT just some family of people that can run and hide.” As he spoke and his face twisted in a seriousness that rivaled Marstel’s, “You showed me that, Marstel...all of you did when you came for me on Hoth. Void knows…the only thing I want to do is follow you all onto a shuttle and get us out of here. But, I can’t do that…I won’t. I was born into this life and raised with all of you to be a ‘hero’. It’s what I do, it’s what I always do. And you all are just like me…each of us bred with the gifts that enhance the other….” Stopping RT looked up at the dusky sky, “All of us but one…and Hamner died doing what he was supposed to, what WE ALL are supposed to. So I ask you…if not us then who? If we leave, if we go and don’t stay and let them know that we will NOT just stand idle and allow them to roll over us, then who will?” Porchia watched her father as he spoke and lowered her head, she didn’t want to hear it. As he moved away from them he picked up the cannon and faced them.

“So you go, if you want to go…I am not going to think less of you. I love all of you, you’re my family. But we are HERE. And it’s time to make a stand.” RT looked at Marstel, “And if it’s our final stand, then so be it. I got no where else to be right now and I can’t think of anyone else I would rather die with….than the three of you…” He sheepishly looked at Porchia and Beta, noticing that Porchia was looking away no doubt in agreement with Marstel. “…well the five of you. Beta and Porchia included.”

One by one they all moved in next to RT leaving Porchia and Marstel standing in their places. Karolin looking over and smiling at her brother as she rubbed RT’s arm, “You have been wanting to give a speech like that since I took over…just so you know, I am still in charge around here.” They exchanged a playful smile as all eyes went to Marstel, who threw his hands up and walked over.

“I said my piece. Understand why I said it, this guy I drug back over here was one of thousands I saw coming back. But…if you want it, you got it. I won’t argue, my place is here with you all.” Porchia got up and stormed off as the rest started to talk. Slowly RT broke away to follow her around the long stairs of the Academy and down an embankment where Porchia had planted herself. Sitting next to her RT sighed, but didn’t touch her or say anything. He didn’t have to be a Jedi to feel the heat rising off of her. The silence was making her even angrier as she finally turned looking at her Father.

“Be honest with me Dad…this ain’t about all that you said back there…you wanna die don’t ya???”, Grabbing her quickly, RT pulled her close with a sad sympathetic look on his face as she continued to speak, “You said as much back on the ship. This is about Mom, isn’t it? You want to go to her and leave me here….alone.” RT started to rub the purple streaks in her hair as he leaned into his daughter.

“Void…No, No…baby…no. This is about doing the right thing. We don’t owe anyone anything…and I am not trying to get myself killed. I am doing this because it’s like I said…” He pulled her away and looked at the bleary eyed girl, “…if we don’t do it, then who will? And that includes you pumpkin…you are part of this just as much as we are…” RT got up dusting himself off, “You wanna keep all of us alive, fly like I know you can baby. And keep those Zakuul guessing…” He smiled as he walked away, deciding Porchia needed to come to terms with this on her own and not have her Father lording over her, “These guys ain’t ready to face a pilot like you….”

The sounds of the distant battle were ominous as RT rejoined the others, all of them already looking at the makeshift holo-map surrounded by the leaders of the Coalition and the Sith Empire there on Korriban. Mrysti pointed at the outlying areas.

“We have been pushed back at every tomb and every crevice…they are slowly working their way back here, but only after they have liberated every site on the planet. It doesn’t seem relic hunting is their thing…” Mrysti folded the map and looked at them all as the blue of the holo-field derezzed, “It’s extermination and conquest…”

Walking up on them, RT surveyed the battlefield taking out his Macrobinoculars and grimacing. What he was going to say, Mrysti would not want to hear. It fit right into her prophecy for annihilation, particularly his and Karolin’s. Stepping up on the rock, he leaned down and handed Mrysti the binos pointing outward, thinking it a better idea just to show her. Hopping up on the rock, RT pointed out in front of them.

“See what I’m looking at?”

Mrysti moved the binos back and forth over the horizon and after a moment took them from her eyes to give her brother a puzzling look.

“I don’t see anything out there….”

“Exactly.”

Sitting down on the rock, he looked down and sighed, “We are blind here. Our fleet, if it followed procedure pulled out after they sustained enough damage…” RT shook his head as he looked out over the horizon, “We need to split up…”

Mrysti immediately jumped off the rock shaking her head and gesturing wildly, “NO!! Un-uh….not happening. I am not leaving you here…you…uh….need us in case—“

Smiling again RT jumped off the rock as well and joined her on the ground, “In case of what? In case the Zakuul and those two brothers magically show back up out of thin air? Listen to me, it’s going to seem like they did just that if we sit here and don’t get eyes on what's going on. Take a small team, a couple of shuttles. Set up some observation posts…hell, I’ll do it if you want me to—“

“No…I need you here in case the fleet tries to re-establish contact. I cannot speak that ‘Soldier’ lingo as well as you can with Kell. You get stuff done a lot faster with coordination than I do.” Mrysti just stared at him. They both knew what the other was thinking and why she didn’t want to go. The feeling of Déjà vu was coming over the both of them. Grimacing she looked down, “This is how it happens RT, I leave…I can’t get back here and the two of you die…” She looked over at Karolin who was busy talking with Marstel about something. Giving her a sympathetic nod, he smiled over at their other two siblings, but spoke to Mrysti.

“What difference does it make really? If you stay, then it’s you that dies…if we do nothing, we all die…eventually.” He chuckled as he sat down and frowned a little, “Mrysti there is something I have been wanting to say to you since this all started. Now is as good a time as any…” Mrysti perked up slightly as she looked at RT, “….you are one hell of a Commander. But, part of being a Commander, Force Visions or not, is having to make the tough decisions. Sometimes, those decisions send people to their deaths. Should the fact that we are your family make a difference? No, it shouldn’t, but to you I now it does and to Karolin too…” He stood up clasping her shoulder, “You have to let that go, otherwise, you let fear Command your Army, instead of YOU Commanding it.”

RT walked away knowing she was going to do the right thing regardless. And as he did walk away, Mrysti opened her Datapad, the numbers of the losses they already sustained were the first thing to come up. RT was right, part of being a Commander was having to make the tough calls, even if it was your family. But, she shook her head looking at those numbers again. Why was she doing this when she and everyone else knew how this was going to turn out. Those numbers, they continued to rise as the battle pressed on. They were cut off, blind, outnumbered and out of anything but 'hope'. Even as good as Mrysti and the 'Coalition' were she didn't work in the realm of miracles. RT was right, but not in the way he thought as she quickly flexed her knuckles to begin typing, the decision was hers and hers alone. As she grimaced she began to type a message, one that she would send after she left to do the mission RT had talked about. It was time to end it, but she was going to end it on HER terms.

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Korriban – Day Three

“You…”

It starts as a whisper that wakes RT from the slight doze he took resting his head against the cannon he was carrying in the day’s battle. A Soldiers ‘cat nap’, something he learned to do through many years of training, to simply be able to close your eyes for even 15 minutes and feel like you slept a full 8 hours. Especially in the heat of a battle.

“are….”

The whisper came again. This time RT was sure he heard it and sat up looking around. The voice…so familiar, but only his sister Karolin who was resting across from him in the ammunition culvert looked up at him stretching and smiling.

“What’s wrong, RT? Are we ready again?”

They had fought the Zakuul forward, they had fought the Zakuul backwards and away from the Academy. It was no longer a matter of survival or of securing something, it had become a death struggle to see who could outlast whom. Standing in the pit, RT looked up and over, crawling out. Mrysti stood watch over the top, bent at the knee and looking out with her binos into the smoky destruction that was Korriban. On reflex, she reached back without looking handing the macrobinoculars to her brother. Her decision to leave at daybreak having already been made, she was waiting for the right moment. The still of the dawn had her stomach in knots for the first time in her life.

“You were right, last night’s attack was just a probe. We are blind here. I will take a shuttle and go set up some listening posts and get a firsthand look at the battle field. From what I can see they are massing for another push on the Academy and the Landing Zone, but they are setting the heavy armor rearward for something else. Or this is another probe. We don’t have scouts far enough forward to give a good estimate.”

Looking through the binos, RT comes to the same assessment and is about to say as much when the whisper comes again.

“Coming…”

Nearly dropping the binos, RT looks around and over at Mrysti, “Did you hear something??! Void, I think I am going crazy!!!” Mrysti looked at him like he was crazy, but did allow herself to ebb into the Force slightly at his statement, trying to sense something. As Mrysti’s eyes fluttered slightly, she finally snapped them back open and shook her head, not feeling anything. Almost in response to Mrysti searching and as an afront to her, the familiar voice behind the whisper spoke again. This time it carried on the wind and was a long drawn out sigh.

“Home….”

Jerking at the sound, he was sure he recognized the voice, but looking at his sister he kept it to himself this time. She was already looking at him strangely. He gave her back the Binos and shook his head, “Get out there and have a look or I will…” As he walked away, Mrysti noticed RT seemed to be looking around at things strangely, as if was looking for someone. Shrugging, she reluctantly went to wake up Marstel, who had also fell asleep after the nights battle.

“Hey, want to join me for a little mission….”

Planet after planet had fallen to the Zakuul and this was their first stop in the long line of conquesting the Core of both the Republic and the Sith. It was the last stop for those two factions and it was the last stop for the Coalition. Having committed everything on the first day, there was little left in the wake of re-enforcements. The Zakuul had the planet blockaded and anything Republic of Sith that ventured in was chewed to pieces. What did make it planetside was not in the amount to make a significant difference.

Sith and Republic alike were on the run and scrambling to stop the juggernaut that was engulfing so many worlds. What made it worse, only towards the end did either the Sith or the Republic reach out to one another to try and stop the all encompassing darkness. The Alpha’s were on the front line again, no stranger to having to work together no matter what side they always found themselves on. Mrysti once again held onto the troop bar after calling for a transport to pick her up from the Academy; her need to get a first hand look at where the Zakuul had gotten off to after their failed attack on the Academy and subsequent probing attacks constantly thereafter. The cargo door was opened as usual, the dust from Korriban blew into her face. Dressed in her non-Imperial armor, she looked down at herself and then over at Marstel who was busy pouring over the Holo-map. Korriban was the first stop for this new conquering Empire and the last bastion for the Sith. This was it, after Korriban falls, there is no more Sith Empire. But for Mrysti it was more than preserving the Order that she served for so long, it was about stopping the force that haunted her dreams even before they arrived. There was a nagging elusive feeling as the shuttle cascaded above the surface just cresting the dawn; that she shouldn't be leaving, then the ominous tone RT took with her before she left.

Mrysti remembered her parting words from her sister, whom she was also loathed to leave alone. But it was necessary as the Zakuul began combing the planet. It seemed their prophecy was coming true and this separation was heralding the end for Karolin and RT. That was not lost on Karolin as she patted the shoulder of her sister and smiled, “I know…one way or another we have to stop them. I know you don’t want to go, but we have to split our strength, such as it is. We stay boxed up at the Academy, we are helping no one…”

For literal months following the falling our between the two sisters, Karolin had taken heed of Mrysti’s advice. She picked a side, she got stronger and finally Karolin struck that perfect balance between the light and the darkness within her. Karolin rejoined the Jedi Order. As Mrysti left, she said something to her sister she never thought she would hear herself say again, it was something that harkened back to the days when both of them spent their lives in the service of the Jedi.

“May the Force be with you, Karolin…I won’t be far and I will be back before nightfall.”

Mrysti smiled at her sister, there was a sadness there as she looked out over the devastation already caused by the Zakuul. It was destruction in it's purest form and there were so many....so many of these new enemies. Where did they come from and how was it logistically and strategically possible for a force this massive to grow right under both the Empire and the Republic’s nose? Those were questions that Mrysti as the leader of the Coalition asked since she formed the group and never got clear answers. So focused were they; the Sith and the Republic, on each other’s annihilation that they never saw. Mrysti did and she continued to see right up till this moment, but as that hour of dread approached, both her and her sisters vision of this future stopped.

As Mrysti lifted off, she looked down at her ‘Coalition’ forces. Damn, she was proud of them, all of them. Even the ones fighting on other worlds or for their homes. It was her ‘Coalition’ that held off the Zakuul from steamrolling the quadrant when they arrived. Rather than tell both factions, ‘I told you so’ Mrysti and her band of followers, with Karolin’s help went straight back to battle. In some cases saving a planet or forestalling complete annihilation to evacuate entire populations of people. But, the end was coming and everyone knew it. There simply wasn’t enough of them and too many of this new enemy.

The hour was late and the twilight of defeat was upon her. As she sat down in the transport, she opened the Datapad and sent the message she typed in case it looked bleak, that time was now. Though she was not going to surrender, none of them were, she wanted to give them her parting words in order to let her forces know how very proud she was of the work they done. Leaving, she did not share this with Karolin or RT, preferring for the both of them to simply read the message she was about to send. So much heartbreak had already come since they landed, it was simply too much to handle anymore in the presence of her siblings. Glancing over at Marstel, Mrysti flashed him a kind smile. He knew it too and though he wanted to leave and take all of them to safety, he was staying. Staying to die next to his family if it came to that. One of the reason's she typed the message was because of what Marstel had said. There was nothing else to be gained here, only losses. It WAS a battle they couldn't win. And in the 11th hour Mrysti was cutting her losses. The visions had something to do with that, it was a future she was determined NOT to see come true. 'Visions be damned', she thought, thinking back to what Marstel said and realizing that the best course was to take her family and go. Mrysti pressed <send> as the last act of a Commander in a losing battle. All of this was her responsibility and now, survival was on her shoulders as well. As the message went out it was broadcast in the clear and simultaneously across the galaxy on the holo-pads and terminals of Coalition Forces everywhere.

My Friends,

We have fought valiantly…we have saved the lives of countless millions and slowed down what would otherwise been the complete annihilation of our ways of life.

But, as you may already be aware, it simply wasn’t enough. Even now, as the Forces of both the Republic and the Sith Empire attempt to breach the planetary blockade surrounding us; it is simply not enough against this foe to ensure our victory. The end is coming, the end of the war and the end of everything we have fought so bravely to protect.

I wish I could tell you that what we did meant something; I wish I could tell you that in the end we will prevail. But, that is simply not the case.

If you are receiving this message, it is because I am initiating the alert to retreat to ‘The Castle’. It was our final solution to the defeat, if it ever came to that. Well, that day has come. Retreat to your ships, flee Korriban if you can and save what remains of our forces. No one need die a senseless death in a battle that I know we cannot win. I will remain, my family will remain. And my boot will be the last ‘Coalition’ heel that leaves this planet. I will not leave any of you behind and that is why I am calling for your evacuation now. Selected units have been designated to oversee the retreat, but I will also remain until those forces are gone as well.

Now is not our time….but soon. We will return, my friends. We will return and we will fight back and regain what we have lost, what has cost us so dearly in our friends, family and our colleague’s blood.

For those of you electing to not go to ‘The Castle’ I urge you to continue the fight till we return, go into hiding…resist, fight on!!! The worst thing in the galaxy for an organized force to combat is an unseen and an unorganized enemy. I wish I could join you…I want no more than to see all of you again and fight next to you as we have these last few months.

This last battle is upon us, if I do not survive it know this….you honor me with the sacrifices you’ve made. I owe you as much, I owe you my sacrifice.

As always….Strength and Honor….

[s]Darth Retuvisa, ‘Hammer of the Empire’[/s]

I thought to sign this with my moniker, but that person no longer exists…that Empire no longer exists…

Your servant in Arms,
Mrysti Alpha…

The assault shuttle rocked from the high powered sonic detonations of the enemies artillery, Marstel moved to the door looking out as he squatted at Mrysti’s feet.

“I got the enemies’ command and control center. I’m not sure if it’s a ground command center or its coordinating air and ground assets simultaneously…but, it can’t hurt to start there….we need to hit it and hit it hard, Mrysti. Buy those guys some time and get back to the Academy to get off this rock!”

In the Force, Mrysti could feel Marstel’s urgency and it had nothing to do with getting back to the Academy to grab everyone and leave. It had to do with another we was worried about. Mrysti clasped his shoulder hard, “She’s fine Marstel, I promise…I would have felt her passing. Karolin and I both would have….”, Lifting his blasters, Marstel charged them glaring out of the doorway as Porchia’s voice echoed over the internal communications.

<”Heads up people!!! Got half-a dozen heat seekers on an intercept course….this ‘bout ta git rough!!!...”>

Three of the six missles hit the shuttle as Porchia dodged and weaved between the cliff. The interior going red as the alarm sounded, Porchia’s voice more frantic this time but controlled in her alarm.

<”Mayday….mayday….this is Coalition Shuttle 4457 we are going down in the Valley of the Dark Lords…say again…grid 4436 78—“>

As the shuttle went down, Mrysti cursed herself for letting her brother talk her into letting her leave. She reached over grabbing Marstel. The clarity of what was about to happen hit Mrysti hard, everything she seen over the past 8 months flashing before her eyes.

“It’s happening…forget those targets, we have to get back to the Academy!!! Now!!!”

--

Arcann sensed it almost immediately. They were apart, he could feel the essence of the two sisters one on the far side of the valley the other still resonating at the Temple. His head perked up and he glanced over at his brother, who was just moving his forces back to the left flank of the Academy; the long way through the east valley. It was not what they planned, but Arcann smiled wickedly grabbing his Commander of Troops. “Straight on!!! Today is a good day to die!!!”

--

The initial assault caught RT unawares, the first blaster bolts hitting the outside of the hole they dug as he rolled into it and grabbed Karolin pulling her down. His eyes went to the forward sensors. It was the furthest set of read-outs they had; anything past that and they were blind. The screen lit up red as RT pulled up the Cannon and took position outside the culvert.

“They are coming…and this time they mean business…”

--

Mrysti ran flat out, avoiding the rear echelons of the Zakuul Army she climbed up to higher ground. Behind her she could hear the ‘stomp-stomp’ of Marstel’s powerful legs and feet as he struggled to keep up. Having left Porchia behind to send out the distress signal, Mrysti and Marstel were in a rush to get back. This was the separation she was afraid of and in the Force, she could already sense that Arcann knew something. He was there, at the ‘gates’ and pressing forward.

--

The first inkling that something was amiss when Thexan looked down at his own holo-display. What was his brother doing? The Force spoke as loudly as it could to him and he immediately ordered the turn-around. Karolin was alone….and she was vulnerable. Arcann was disobeying orders and the Plan to get to her. Just to spite Thexan.

--

There were only three of them, but the enemy still far enough away Beta did not feel of any use; other than supporting his Mother in the Force. Grimly he looked out toward the mass coming their way and knew, sitting still they were all lost. Without a word he squeezed his Mother's shoulder and nodded to RT before darting off and up the west embankment. Karolin was too tired to acknowledge, but she felt him give her strength in the Force and issue a final message. 'I am going to slow them down, good luck Mother....'. Karolin didn't react as Beta slipped into a Force Camouflage and darted away, but she knew. He was not coming back.

Pouring on the fire, RT felt the healing and protective warmth of his sister in the Force come over him. Karolin stood next to him defiantly, throwing the Force in disruptive waves to push back their attackers. Nothing was getting through the shield, but as RT looked over at Karolin he could see how badly keeping it up was straining her. His eyes drifted up to the hillside and out past the advancing Zakuul forces. They just needed to hold until Mrysti and Marstel could get back, something already told him; They were coming. It was then that RT heard the complete whisper for the first time and in that instant knew who was whispering to him…

“RT….You Are Coming Home….”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Korriban – The Last Day….

Karolin didn’t see Arcann, she felt him, but could not turn her attention away from the onslaught of armored soldiers massing to their front. RT placed his back against his sister’s, the vibration of the assault cannon rocking them both as RT fired into the forward line of enemy troopers. Karolin looked over her shoulder at RT with a grimace, the Force pouring from her outstretched hands as she pushed and sent shockwaves of energy toward the oncoming line.

“RT!!! He’s coming….and I can’t hold like this forever, we have to do something….”

The cannon rocked through the line cutting down the soldiers as it sputtered the end of its power cell, he flipped it over to quickly change it out realizing he was almost out of charges. The voice whispered to him again.

“You do…what you always do…be a hero…RT…it’s time to come home….”

As it spoke, RT glanced up again at the ridge above them. Empty, no sign of Mrysti or Marstel. Karolin was getting tired there was no way he could help her with zero power cells, he at least had to buy her some more time.

“Just hold them long enough for Mrysti and Marstel to get here….with the four of us we have a chance…”

--

Beta felt Arcann too. He fought next to his Mother for a moment, but then blended into his stealth camouflage in the Force and struck off to follow where the Force was leading him. It was too late, there was no sign of his Aunt Mrysti or Uncle Marstel, but from his vantage point he could see Arcann very clearly watching as wave after wave beat against the meager defense of his other two relatives. The forward line was closing on RT and Karolin and there was nothing between them and the Sith Academy. In the distance, he saw the approach of another large force, the one they called Thexan was coming up behind his brother, Beta watched as Arcann dropped down off the rock he was on and started marching with his troops about to pass right under a rock outcropping that Beta was hiding behind. The idea struck him before he could talk himself out of it.

--

The tidal wave was not subsiding, no matter how many RT and Karolin cut down, more followed. The soldiers looked endless and both of the siblings were getting exhausted. Karolin sunk in closer to her brother’s back, he leaned against her in turn as they stepped forward together in defiance. A foreboding sense of doom came over Karolin, this was it. There was no going back now and neither her nor her brother were going to survive. She reached down with her other hand and clamped it tightly on RT’s arm, still throwing the Force with her other.

“I love you RT…”

--

Beta stood and pushed will all of his strength to get the rock moving, finally putting the Force into it hurling it up and off the cliff side. As it approached, Arcann looked up spotting Beta on the top of the cliff, with a slight gesture he swatted the large boulder back and against the far wall following the toss with a Force leap in the opposite direction. Arcann sneered as he landed softly to Beta’s front, lifting the yellow saber toward him.

“I don’t know you Jedi…but I know that you know ‘HER’…” Arcann gestured at Karolin, “…and know this, today I will sever her head from the rest of that gorgeous body and rid myself and my brother of the first of the both of those twins…the other will follow soon after…”

Having no idea that Beta was her Son, Arcann had enraged a Force he was not prepared for, as Beta screamed loud enough that even his Mother and RT looked up for a moment. The shriek was even heard by Thexan who put his troops to ‘Double time’ in order to get to Arcann’a position quicker. But enraged, Beta lacked control and as he attacked, though it did catch Arcann off-balance, he soon realized that Beta was dipping into dark waters he was not used to bathing in. They clashed several times Beta’s twin sabers to Arcann’s one, before Beta’s rage gave Arcann the window to back hand him hard against the far cliff wall. Beta flew to the other side of the cliff landing with a 'thud' as Arcann approached.

“I angered you…’she’ is your ‘Mother’ isn’t she??? That’s a shame….”

Beta was stunned and crawled up the cliff face to stand back up to face Arcann. With the last ounce of energy he had Beta lashed out in Rage, only to have the sabers slapped from his grasp, Arcann’s yellow blade penetrating Beta’s chest and his heart. Falling, Beta looked up at Arcann, the last moments of his life in utter defiance.

“Y-you…w-will not survive u-us all….”

Slipping under the penetration of the yellow blade, Beta died falling limp to the Cliffside and with a flash of brilliant light. Arcann gave him a cursory glance as he walked back to the edge leaping down. Karolin felt it, it was like a dagger straight through her heart as she gasped for breath a moment at the loss. Almost feeling the last moments of pain in her Son as he died, she grit her teeth, the yellow light surrounding her turning a pinkish hue as the Dark Side of the Force started to ebb it's way into her light. Eyes that flashed a crimson, she stepped forward and screamed in defiance, "Come on you Kriffers!!! Give it to me!!!". RT was shocked at her renewed resolve, but looking at her he could feel the evil radiate off of his sister. All of her balance gone. As Karolin stepped forward again she seemed to be drifting away both physically and in spirit. Karolin was bout to go this alone as she was now in her own little world.

RT met Karolin’s gaze and smiled before turning his cannon back on the force to their front. She poured the last remaining power she had into the oncoming wave, so intent she did not see that Arcann was now at the head of the approaching force. As RT turned the cannon over one last time to reload another power cell, he did notice and realized that it might be his only chance to buy Karolin a little time. Time she would need in her current state of mind. The echo of the whisper spoke louder this time.

“RT….come home….”

Robbed of his victory before the imposing enemy Elan Harbeck, RT meant to sacrifice himself before and was turned back by someone else who died so that they all may live. That wasn’t the choice now, RT knew even if he did this, Karolin still may not survive. Still, this is what he does. This is what RT-946 was designed to do, protect life and serve. He glanced at his sister, her face tight from the strain of fighting so many, the enemy soldiers hurling into cliffs and violently being launched back. Taking the detonite satchel charge off his side he armed it, dropping the cannon softly to the ground as he stood slowly. Karolin finally noticed looking over her shoulder at her brother.

“RT what are yo—“ He squeezed her arm before he took off at a dead sprint toward Arcann finally replying to the words she spoke a little while before.

“I love you too….”

Arcann saw him coming, so did Thexan who had arrived just on top of the other ridge line with a birds-eye view of what was about to happen. Wrapping his arms around the satchel charge, RT was already at full speed, fast as his cybernetic legs and genetically enhanced body would carry him. RT boiled over, flipped, rolled and pressed his shoulder into every obstacle in his way. Every ounce of genetic and cybernetic technology, years of research that forged and molded the ‘Perfect Soldier’; his eyes fixed on Arcann. And as they met eyes and Arcann smiled, he brought the saber up not even realizing RT was not there to fight him. Unwrapping his arms as the detonite charge went critical and the two met one another, RT screamed a final time.

“Surprise, Mother Kriffer….”

Brilliant in its glow, Karolin turned around fully to watch her brother sprint away already at full speed before she had a chance to utter another word, the explosion consuming RT, Arcann and the entire forward unit of the advancing force. All of the darkness as well as her light bled out of her in that moment. The shock of two losses so close together, to much for her to bear as she fell to her knees in defeat.

“No…”

There was a flash and then silence..... RT found himself someplace else as a warm soft yellow glow started to ebb around him….and SHE was there. RT smirked out of the side of his mouth as he dropped the cannon he was holding and started walking toward her. When they met and she embraced him, there was such peace as he never felt. Pulling away, RT looked into her bright blue eyes and smiled again, more broad than life and spoke softly as her Red Hair seemed to cascade around her. It was utter shock, in his heart he knew that he lost her. Yet, here she was. RT embraced her again before pulling away and asking with a smile...

“Am I dead?”

Dremmess smiled and took his hand, “Yes...you are RT. It was time...” They started to walk away in the warmth generated by her presence, the yellow glow seeming to grow and cast itself skyward as RT stopped a moment and looked back at the very quickly swirling and fading planet of Korriban. Karolin was there, she was in pain. Her heart hurt more than her physical body as she watched the spot where RT had cleared out so many of the enemy and gave her a fighting chance. Frowning he looked at Dremmess.

“Will she live?”

Giving a look that was all entirely ‘Drem’ she smiled and tilted her head, her bright blue eyes flashing at him. There was no feelings of hopelessness or malice in her words as she simply radiated a peace.

“What do you think, baby?”

Squeezing her hand RT pulled on his wife and together they walked into that light, the warmth of the love they shared and would continue to share forever….

There is no death...there is only...LOVE...

--

The devastation was astronomical. The 'RT bourne' IED took out the entire advancing force of Arcann’s Army, effectively decreasing Zakuul presence on Korriban by 30%. ‘That Commando was smart’, Thexan thought as he dropped down in the valley with his personal guard to look for what remained of his brother, not feeling him in the Force; he was sure Arcann was dead. A Hand grabbed Thexan’s ankle that made him jump as he reached down and pulled the remnants of his shattered brother out of the pulverized sand around him. Arcann struggled for life, it was a miracle that he survived and as Thexan kneeled down he clasped his hand over his brother’s running it down to his forearm to hold him tightly. The strength of his brother’s return hold told him, he would live. He would be changed, but he would live. Looking at his personal guard Thexan pointed rearward, angrily.

“He can’t be moved!!! Bring the Medical capsule here and our surgeons…he will need to be stabilized before we attempt anything…”

Thexan grit his teeth and drew his lightsaber stalking off toward the direction the Commando came from….and Karolin.

--

They were nearly there when the massive wave of void and loss hit Mrysti like the front of a 200 passenger speeder. Her knees got weak and she stumbled, the loss so profound that for a minute Mrysti didn’t know if she lost them both, but definitely more than one. Falling to the ground without realizing it she began searching in the Force and felt her sister, but knew RT was gone. Marstel picked Mrysti up off the ground as he ran by, Mrysti not even realizing that she had fell, in such a state of shock. Beta was gone too, but in the Force she felt Karolin as Marstel up righted her and kept on running.

--

Karolin was still on her knees, sobbing when Thexan approached slowly from the smoking void created by RT. No one was fighting anymore, the explosion so massive that it stopped everything, including time it seemed. Igniting his lightsaber, Thexan gestured for the two guards behind him to grab Karolin off the ground as he stepped up holding the lightsaber within an inch of her.

“You tried to kill my brother…” His face seemed to wain for a second, “I trusted you Karolin, I was going to save you….help you to help us…” He gestured harshly, “That’s all gone now!!! Arcann will never recover from what’s been done to him.”

Coming out of her stupor for a moment, Karolin looked up as the fire re-ignited behind her eyes, the fire of the Dark returning as she screamed at him harshly.

“You murdered my SON!!! And I hope your brother rots in the deepest darkest corners of the Void for what he’s done!!!” Karolin put her head back down to catch her breath not even resisting as she was brought up to her knees to face Thexan, “And YOU can join him!!! Kriff you Thexan…Kriff you and your whole kriffin’ race!!!” No longer caring what happened to herself, Karolin spat at Thexan’s feet as he brought the saber up to his shoulder, a death blow to end it all.

“Hold her…”

--

Reaching under her arm, Marstel pulled Mrysti viciously in the middle of her collapse. They arrived just as Thexan raised the lightsaber to his shoulder. But Marstel was not going to let Mrysti see this. The scream tore through the air, worse than the sound of a thousand artillery rounds being fired at once; it was a world shattering scream of pain and rage to what was about to happen. It escaped her lips and deafened her, the world going numb. A part of her literally died in that moment, watching the Black Armored Warrior raise his yellow saber to kill Karolin. Mrysti lurched forward about to jump off the cliff and down toward Thexan. Just before the saber came down, Karolin looked up and saw her sister. But it was too late, it was over. She scrambled to get away pulling from Marstel’s grasp, wanting nothing more than to hurl herself down to the warrior that was about to claim the life of her only sister. Marstel quickly snatched her up again turning her to face him. Marstel looked in her eyes, his pain matching her own as he grabbed her face pulling it to him.

“She’s gone, Mrysti!!! She’s….gone!!!”

Falling again, limp from the shock, Marstel pulled his sister up holding her against him as they pulled back from the cliff edge. Her legs barely able to move she half drug, half stepped away from the edge. Mrysti looked back, but the edge was already covering the scene. There was nothing there, no pain, no hate, no emotion. Mrysti turned away, being carried away by her brother. Finally, he reached down picking his last sibling, the only Alpha sister left in his arms cradling the large woman. She laid her head against his chest sobbing as Marstel slowly walked toward the last shuttle and the last ride off a planet that no longer belonged to any of them.

Gently Marstel sat Mrysti in the cargo hold, rotating his fingers to Porchia who looked back at the two of them sadly.

“Get us outta here, Kiddo….”

Mrysti stood weakly as the shuttle lifted into the air, columns of smoke emanated from the Sith Academy as the pillars surrounding the structure slowly collapsed and fell. The world was on fire, but inside the fire died inside of Mrysti Alpha. She lowered her head, clenching her fist as everything she knew, everything she loved was suddenly lost in the flames of Korriban. For the first time in her life, Mrysti had failed.

Porchia’s voice came over the internal comm, weak and speaking between her own sobs.

“Entering hyperlane in 5….setting course for the Coalition Fleet. They are ready for us….”

Laying his huge hand on Mrysti’s shoulder she turned falling into him.

“That should have been me…Marstel. She didn’t deserve…”

Marstel pulled her close and said nothing, still in too much shock. They were the only two remaining. Hamner, RT and Karolin were gone…the galaxy as they knew it was gone. And the future was suddenly uncertain for the two of them.

--

The scream stopped Thexan as he looked up only to see the last glimpse of Mrysti get pulled away by the large Ratataki. It affected him profoundly, that scream. It signified how he felt at the potential death of his only brother, his twin. Looking down at Karolin he saw the same, Mrysti’s twin and in his hands he held the life of this set of perfect twins; almost the same as he and Arcann. But, Arcann was not dead, he would survive. He may be less than he was, but he would survive this. Looking at the lightsaber like it was foreign to him, Thexan slowly lowered it as he gestured to his personal guard.

“Take her away”

Karolin fought and screamed defiantly as she was drug away by the two knights, “NO!!!! Kill me Thexan!!! KILL ME NOW!!! NO!!!! NO!!!” The screams faded into the dust as Thexan turned to walk back to where his brother lie in the dirt of this awful planet. Kneeling beside him, the surgeons were already applying cybernetics to the missing face and missing arm of his brother as Arcann reached over hard to grasp on to Thexan. He cried out in pain as the drill and mechanisms bored into his seared flesh and made a high pitched whining sound. Thexan shushed him kneeling closer still.

“It’s almost over…I promise you…by tomorrow, this planet and all of its secrets will be ours. We just need to get you on your feet….my brother…”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Beginning Epilogue

Porchia stood on the aft deck of the Battleship as it slowly circled the Terminator coming to crest with Corellia’s Sun. A new day was dawning for people on that side of the planet as night set on Porchia and the rest of the Alphas. Coming up behind her Marstel kept his distance, it would be the second time in as many months that Porchia had lost her father, this time he wasn’t coming back. Anxious as he was to get underway, he lowered his head and waited for Porchia to acknowledge him and in his reverence didn’t see her turn and regard him. The sweet young face framed by the purple hair was not crying, but smiling as she looked at her uncle, who suddenly looked up at her; with a bit of shock. Moving up beside her he placed his arms over the guard rail copying the small girl and looking out over the Terminator as it continued to crest.

“He’s not dead…he will never die as long as we remember everything he did and all the lives he affected.” Porchia looked at Marstel with that brilliant smile, “He gave me my life…and as long as I live, my Father lives inside of me. In that, he will never die…” Marstel smiled at how very mature that sounded, the accent of childhood gone out of Porchia. For the first time ever, Marstel looked at his niece and saw….a woman.

Gesturing to the door, Marstel didn’t want to tell Porchia that it was time to go. There were things to be done and Mrysti had already informed Marstel that she was going with him to Dromand Kaas to take care of something personal before allowing herself to be placed in stasis in “The Castle”. Shaking her head at Marstel as he moved away, Porchia kept her smile.

“I’m not going…I promised Aunt Mrysti I would help her take care of ‘something’ and I am going to do that. Besides, I think I will stick with the fleet…somebody needs to teach these boy’s how to fly.”, Porchia ran to Marstel and threw herself around his neck, this time she did cry, “You take care of yourself Uncle Marstel…and you go find your Mai. We will see each other again after all this is over, I promise you.”

In the doorway, Mrysti stood in the shadows and watched the two. It wasn’t easy for her to not enter, but she needed some time to process everything alone. Marstel passed and looked at Mrysti as she continued to watch Porchia, who finally did look at the shadowy figure standing in the doorway. They exchanged a simple nod as Porchia looked down at the canister by her feet and then back up at Mrysti’s shadow. It was a promise, made between two people not because they liked one another, but because they were family. As the door closed, Porchia picked up the canister and looked at the readout ticking down on the outside of it.

<8 MONTHS -1 WEEK – 3 DAYS – 46 MINUTES AND 36 SECONDS UNTIL MATURATION>

--

Dromund Kaas was already on fire by the time Mrysti and Marstel arrived. She let him go on without her as she had something to take care of, but as Marstel left her on the cliff she simply knelt and cried seeing everything she worked so hard to protect seeming to disappear like sand between her fingers. Rubbing her now vacant abdomen, Mrysti stood and walked slowly to the edge of the cliff side. She was lost, so much had been taken from her and there was no way to get her bearings. Moving down toward the city, she tried to locate Hamner’s apartment and finding it dodged the fire crews and the chaos to make her way inside.

Mrysti rummaged through most of his belongings until she found it, the last of the Alpha Holocrons. Setting it up on the table and gesturing with her hand in the Force she watched it open and began dictating the message to be found by the first of anyone who came looking for them after all of this was over.

My name is Mrysti Alpha and I am the last of the Force Using Prodigies that was assigned to the Project known as Alpha.

If you are seeing this, I am calling out to you to do something for me and the rest of my family that may seem a little unorthodox…there is another…and she is under the care of Porchia Alpha, my niece and daughter of my Late Brother RT….who gave his life so that we all might survive the last battle on Korriban….

My little girl would be 5 now…and she may be alone as I have no way of knowing what might come of Porchia or the rest of the galaxy while I sleep. But I know someone with a connection to us will find this holocron and only that someone will know how to open it.

I do not want to go…but it is vital that I go into hiding as the Zakuul and the two brothers are looking for me. They seek my death…and when I return, they will WISH they had killed me….

--

Winding through the chaotic streets Marstel looked down at the locator signal on his wrist unit, which pointed directly at the Sith Citadel. As it happened, it was also the site of the heaviest bombardment by the Zakuul who were already in the process of laying waste to the planet before beginning their landing. Clenching his teeth, Marstel knew she was alive and he had to get to her before the bombing got worse, her locator signal strong for the moment, but if it winked out then all was lost for him.

Hoping the speeder that lay smoking on its side, Marstel rocketed off and was surprised to find Mai on the outside of the Citadel standing alongside common soldiers evacuating people to the launch site and heading for the Starport. He dropped the bike like it wasn’t there getting off of it to run to her. Mai saw him before he reached her and leapt up into his arms. The kisses were endless as Marstel pushed her away and smiled.

“I got sum place fer us ta hold up…but weh gotta drop sumthin off firs…lehs git off this planet. There es nuthin fer us here no more….”

--

Clenching his fist, Marstel hovered his hand over the activation pad not sure when he would see his sister again. Sadness was as thick as the Cyro steam coming off the system as Mrysti placed her hand on the outer door looking at her brother. She hesitated, knowing how hard it was for him after all they lost.

"It's ok...it's going to be ok...Marstel. We have to do this....it's the only way...."

Looking up at Mrysti with red-rimmed eyes, his emotions finally getting the better of him, he shook his head. The voice that came out was small, sad and weak. It was completely out of place coming from so large an individual.

"No...it won't..."

The hand squeezed his shoulder as Mrysti stepped down, leaning toward him. Sadness in her expression gave way to a stern determination., "Yes. It will...we will both return. Both of us! Do you hear me...Justice will be done. We will seek those responsible and make them pay for....", Mrysti glanced across the room at the other three cryo-pods. They were as dark as that side of the room, lights having gone out from not being activated. Mrysti stepped up into the Pod, the steam cascading around her as she continued to look at her brother, "Retribution will be ours, my brother...I promise you that."

Before he pressed the pad, Marstel adjusted some settings still unsure of when he would be able to return or even if he would be able to. Not having told Mrysti he was not joining her in her slumber, he cleared his throat getting slightly louder in his speech.

"I've 'justed it fer a five year timetable...should I noh return, et will leh ya out at tha ti--"

Her head came up again off the pillow in the pod to glare at her brother.

"You're not going?!?! Why???"

Marstel looked over his shoulder at the shadow that loomed in the doorway, "Mai. Me an her still goh werk ta due…she still goh a family ta secure and I goh nuthin buh time ta help er. Then we gone find a nice quiet spot and wait tha rest a this out."

Looking down, Mrysti shook her head placing a hand to her forehead, the leads she attached to the system waggled freely with her gestures, "Marstel, there is more than enough room in this ‘Castle’ for the both of you.”, the tone in his voice had already told Mrysti she wasn't going to convince him, nevertheless, she had to say it, "After all that we lost....don't do this to me. I can't afford to be the last..."

Pressing his hand hard into the control panel it chimed loudly as the top of the pod as well as the sides started to enclose his sister slowly. He stepped around the front to look at her through the window of the Pod. Mrysti laid her hand against the glass as Marstel laid his against the other side in sync. His larger hand covering hers.

This was their fortress now, the wall they were putting up. There was a reason Mrysti called this facility ‘The Castle’. Castles were bastions against a rising storm, they were the refuge people got behind when facing a siege. 'The Castle' was their last line of defense against an enemy that was bent on their annihilation. Much uncertainty surrounded them both as Marstel watched his sister intently, about to enter a sleep that had no clear end. One thing he was sure of, this Castle would protect her, it would keep her safe while whatever was forming on the outside took shape. They would gain their power back in the confines of the Castle and when the time was right, those who forgot about these walls would soon find the gate open and Mrysti as well as Marstel coming out of it. He smiled weakly as the door locked into place loudly sealing her in.

"Ya won't beh...I will find ya..."

The tear on Mrysti face froze as the process started to take her into stasis. She lowered the hand as the haze started to blacken her vision. Watching Marstel's hazy, large form walk to the exit of the facility and look back at her. She whispered her final words before it took her, knowing her brother couldn't hear it.

"Be safe...Force....be....with....y-you........Myyyyyy, broth--eeerrrrr....."

--

The room’s lights were kept low, Thexan preferred it that way. Lately, he spent a lot of time here in his private meditation chamber, the visions the two sisters used to speak of were starting to have a suggestive effect on him. Thexan was now seeing his own death and that death was at the hands of his newly reconstructed brother. They had laid waste to all of Imperial Space, conquered the Hutts; though before that conquest was complete their sister Vaylen had secured the Hutts surrender. Thexan spent a lot of time alone. Alone and in the presence of the one who watched over him eternally, a prize that was worth more to him than any amount of planets or Empires.

Placing his hands behind his back Thexan looked past the steam which rose to both sides of the block of carbonite, regulating its status constantly. As he peered at the individual frozen in that block he wondered if she dreamed, if she thought of him like he thought of her? If when she came out of that state would she still harbor the same amount of ill feelings for him that she had when she went in. Thexan stared and he wondered, looking at the still gorgeous features frozen in the bronze color that surrounded them. As he stepped away, he looked down at the control panel as was his typical routine to see if she was as comfortable as he could make her under the circumstances. Stepping away after touching the panel lightly he closed up the buttons hatch and watched as the steam rose to an even greater degree and showered the block with slight condensation. The face, that beautiful face. There was no one like her in the universe. And she was his, finally. The panel chimed a final time as Thexan stepped away to move to the bridge in order to join his brother in the conquest of the Republic. By that time tomorrow, it would be no more. The panel flashed a name as it slowly faded in the light….

<KAROLIN ALPHA – JEDI MASTER and SISTER to the ALPHA PROJECT. DO NOT INITIATE DE-CARBONIZATION without PERMISSION from PRINCE THEXAN, under penalty of ROYAL LAW>

Coruscant….

Jace Malcom bounded down the stairs. Wearing his original Havoc Armor, it was an imposing moment for those about to be graduated early in order to defend the planet. A planet that was just coming under the bombardment of the Zakuul. This was it, the push that all in the Republic knew was coming. As he stepped up to the lectern and placed his helmet down upon it, he smiled; a smile which quickly faded given the current circumstances. But, as the Supreme Commander for all Republic Forces, this was his call and in that, his duty to graduate these Officers early. They were going to War, just like all of the Officers before them, but not against the Sith. This new enemy having conquered the entire quadrant. He cleared his throat and adjusted the armor over his huge frame as he began to speak.

Lately, I have come to realize that defending ones way of life is more than a duty….it’s a calling. The path that you have chosen as your career in life is not an easy one. And on any other graduation and on any other day I would stand up here and tell you about the many adventures you will have, how what you do and the impressions you make as you lead the troops of the Republic will make a solid impact on them and your own lives.

But today, that’s not the case. When you leave here today you will shipping out, not to some distant planet to fight the enemies of the Republic, but you will be shipping out to a station right here at home. Our very lives are threatened by what is even now bombarding our city and our planet. This is not an adventure and I won’t pretend that what you are going to do is going to make a solid impact on anyone or anything. This is a fight for our lives ladies and gentlemen and the moment you leave here know that some of you are not going to survive it; myself included.

So, it is with some regret and sadness that I graduate this class of the Officer Academy…Long Live the Republic and May the Force be with us all….

Usually there was much ‘whooping and hollering’ as the graduates congratulated one another and threw their helmets into the air. This time there was stone silence as each line of officers got up in turn to pass the Supreme Commander as he shook each hand and handed them their designations and assignments. It went on for nearly an hour as Jace read off the designations of the new officers, each in turn nodding and walking off silently to go join their units.

As Jace ran his finger down the holo-pad, he stopped at the next one and smiled reading it. The listing was an inventory of all available designations for officers as they graduated the class and as new ones were created, old ones or designations of officers that had passed on or had given their lives in defense of the Republic were placed back into circulation. He almost dropped the Holo-pad as the read that next designation, choking up slightly. The designation of one of his own, his friend; a man he helped bring up in one of his own units, who went on to do glorious and amazing things in the defense of HIS Republic. Before he read off the designation he pulled hard on the officer whose hand was about to receive it looking the officer in the visor and grimacing slightly.

“This designation has a special meaning to me Soldier…the one who carried it before was more than a hero to the Republic, this Officer was legendary. Do him….and me proud, understand?”

Jace touched the pad and emblazoned the designation on the Officers personnel record as the officer now carrying that famous designation walked away into destiny.

<LIEUTENTANT, RT-946: ASSIGNMENT: CORUSCANT and the DEFENSE of the Capital>

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Final Epilogue

Five years later….’The Castle’

Alarms started sounding as the lowlights gave way to the spinning blinking red lights of the release system. The Cryo-tube vibrated and as the hatch released to a pressurized steam that rose and surrounded the system, the red lights finally broke through the haze to reflect off the lone occupant of the pod. Falling forward and into the cloud that covered the floor, Mrysti dropped out of the tube to the pain at not having moved her body for over five years. She was weak and tried to bring herself up pressing on the cold floor with her palms, still on her knees as the smoke and cold steam from the system surrounded her. Her long red hair fell forward on her head and covered her face as she looked left and right at it, then felt the long nails of her hand scrape the surface.

Where was she? And long had it been? Mrysti’s mind tried to recall the last moments before the system captured her for the next five years sending her to a slumber. Her hand was on the window of the system as she watched…was it Marstel, place her in stasis??! Where was he?? And why was she alone, only to be brought out now? So many questions, her mind ached as well as her body which was not used to movement. Struggling to stand, she moved to the only blinking panel in the room, an adjacent control that sat on a long darkened console that blinked the only green light among the swirling red ones. The smoke from the release of the Cryo system started to subside as she pressed the button, a blue holo-field emerged, it was her…well, a different Mrysti. Looking next to her face, Mrysti picked up a lock of red hair and flipped it out of the way. Definitely a different, ‘her’.

…this is message is pre-recorded to be activated immediate upon your re-animation. As I was told by the scientists and the technicians that helped develop this facility, though the effects of a hyper-sleep are not as detrimental as that of Carbonite, you may suffer memory loss, loss of momentary motor control and long-term side effects of not having used your abilities in the Force for some time.

The Galaxy as you know it…is over. I record this as my final testament to that fact. When I left the galaxy, Korriban had fallen and I came here with my brother, which was the last of us to be placed in stasis, along with him…

Mrysti looked around briefly, all of the other cryo-tubes were dark and showed no sign of having been powered on.

…no doubt after the fall of Korriban, the Zakuul went on to take over the rest of the Galaxy and as I am sure the Capital of the Republic, Coruscant, is gone as well. Knowing their full plan, we knew the Zakuul were nearly unstoppable, but as you will see in your personal logs and in the logs of those who fought along side you, all of you and the ‘Coalition’ put up a gallant fight. Some of those people elected to come to this place with you and are in other parts of ‘The Castle’.

Additionally, I have left clues scattered around the galaxy that will lead you to your greatest treasure. A treasure I am sure you will remember given time. You left your unborn daughter in the care of your niece, Porchia. That little girl would be about 5 now and she needs you. Porchia knew where the clues were and when the time was right, she knew where to go find them. Together, with the trail you left behind, you and Porchia will find one another. And you can reclaim your daughter.

Mrysti, I don’t have to tell you what happened on Korriban. I will let you read it for yourself. For me that wound is still fresh as it only happened several days ago. But, for you….it has been five years and it is time for you to do what must be done. Get caught up, read what you need to and then…GO. Exact our vengeance on the Zakuul for our loss. Bring honor to our family and make them pay for what they have done. I know you will…after all, you’re me…

Zakuul – Carbonite Containment Area

The block of Carbonite sat alone and away from the others. Though it had been moved from where Thexan had placed it after the Battle of Korriban and his subsequent death, Arcann moved it and kept it separated if for nothing else, because it was what his brother would have wanted. As the re-animation sequence started, the unknown stranger stepped back to watch, the Carbonite around the person inside heating and turning red as it started to melt away. Her lips were the first thing to move as she moved them finally free of the hold of the material. Finally there was movement from the rest of her, her skin was an Emerald Green and bore the facial tattoos of a contest hard fought and won during a competition on Mirial.

Though Mirial was not her home, this particular Mirialan was an orphan, her home planet the orphanage on Corellia where she and four others formed a tight bond that would define them and last a lifetime. The Emerald Green woman dropped out of the remainder of the Carbonite hard, her body not responding in not having moved for nearly five years and weakly she tried to push herself off the floor. There was a blindness and even though she closed her eyes as the Zakuul and Thexan had placed her in Carbonite, she still could not see. A hand unknown to her placed itself on her shoulder as she reacted to the touch, the voice was male and sounded very familiar, but in her foggy memory she couldn’t be sure.

“It’s ok…your blind from the effects of the Carbonite, but your sight will return in three or four days…”

Slapping the hand away the Mirialan grimaced, “I know that!!! I HAVE been in Carbonite before you know?!?!” The woman turned her blind gaze in the direction of the voice, “Or do you know?!?! Who are you??”

The voice replied with a hint of humor behind it, “That’s not important…the question is, do you know who you are???”

The woman turned her head away and sneered, her face pointed toward the deck a moment before she ‘looked’ back at the voice again, still trying to bring her naked form to some king of posture she could control.

“Of course I know who I am…I am Karolin Alpha…Jedi Master…and again I ask, WHO are you???”

Lameredd – Wild Space - The Frontier

The Sun beat down on him, but it couldn’t beat the smile off his face as Marstel reached down grabbing a hand full of the fertile dirt and rubbed it between two large fingers. Rubbing a forearm over the sweat beading on his forehead, Marstel stood straight up, the crops growing in the field almost as tall as he was and this was just one of five fields he was growing again. Hearing the movement behind him, he continued the look of admiration at what he done. There was so much life around him, so much goodness it was hard not to smile. The things he’d grown. It was as it should be, life was as it should be. As Mai came up behind him, the same look of admiration on her face, but not at the crops or her land; the look she gave was at him.

“They are comin’ ‘long, Marstel…” Mai had picked up a slight southern twang to her rather formal speech in the five years they had been on the backwater planet. He smiled at her, picking her up immediately and slinging her around in his arms, holding her waist.

“Almos’ harvest time again…we got lotta werk ta due this time an—“

The frown on her face made Marstel put Mai down as she rubbed her hand through her now longer Magenta hair. After leaving the known galaxy, Marstel brought the both of them here to start a new life and in their starting it, he forgot exactly why they come in the first place. Mai never had, though she stayed and they developed a close relationship with those around them, her mind was always on home. It wasn’t her dislike of farming or living the harsh life off the land, Mai took to it very well. It was the knowledge at some point they would have to return. It was the Frontier and in the Frontier you could get lost easier than a Hutt Pleasure World. Marstel still didn’t understand the frown as he grabbed a rag out of the back pocket of his overalls and wiped his hands, still looking at Mai oblivious.

“Marstel…you really don’ hav’ no idea what today is do ya?!?!”

He shook his head, grabbing the jug of water off of the plow he left sitting next to him. Still looking at her he moved his hands to his hips.

“Naw…I mean, we got harves’ comin an then theres tha’ thang in town, buh…”

Mai’s face twisted slightly as she moved to lean on his plow folding her arms. Marstel had really forgotten. It was the fact that he was so happy, the two most important things in his life he had right next to him and in that happiness nothing else mattered. For him, the land and Mai was his family, he didn’t need anything else and the War fought five years prior, the destruction of everything they knew meant nothing, not anymore.

“It’s five years…today….” Mai stood up and placed a hand on his face giving him a sympathetic look, “Oh my…big beautiful man. ‘She’ is being released today…you set the timer yourself…” Mai started to walk slowly back through the field parting the leaves of the large plants as she made her way back the way she came finally turning to look back at him as he finally started to remember, “It’s time, my Love…it’s time to go home…”

Dromund Kaas

In her hands, the red holocron glowed faintly. Unable to open it, Porchia had been safeguarding it for the last few months, since she began following the trail. It was last place she could have looked, all of the rest of the Alpha facilities including her Aunt Mrysti’s home on Tatooine were seized by the Zakuul. They didn’t know about her Uncle Hamner’s place, his death before the actual invasion of the Zakuul keeping his apartment safely off the radar. Smiling to herself, she thought of her Aunt Mrysti, the hate that was in her heart long gone and replaced with something else. A Promise was made, but to Porchia it had been the greatest adventure of her life. Now she couldn't imagine a life without having made that promise as she smiled looking at it's source. ‘She was smart’, Porchia thought of her Aunt Mrysti; looking over at that ‘something’ and the source of all her happiness. Moving, Porchia called out to her.

“Samantha!, come over here….leave tha food vendor alone, you jus had sumthin’…”

The little Mirialan girl turned and looked at Porchia with a shy smile and stumbled back toward her in her little toddler’s way, on weak legs. Porchia bent down and straightened the dress she wore, touching her chin. Over the five years, Porchia had been everything to this little girl, but today was a special day. It was the day she was going to try and tell her something about her past. Handing the child the Holocron, Porchia was surprised when it started glowing in the tiny hand that held it. Almost as if it was reacting to the touch of the little girl. Bowing her head Porchia laughed to herself.

“Of course….the Force. I should have figured this…”

Samantha looked up at her guardian with strange eyes, the glow still emanating from the Holocron lighting up her tiny features, “Wha does this mean…” Sam pointed at the Holocron. Porchia stood up and put her arm on the child’s back pushing her forward and beginning to walk with her.

“It means, you have a power…the power to look inside that little triangle and see things no one else can see. It’s a special gift Sam, one that even I don’t have….” Porchia stopped and bent down again, this time she smiled and pinched Sam’s belly laughing, “But you know who does…your mommy! And you know what today is…?”

Sam looked up with innocent eyes and smiled shyly.

“Today is the day your mommy comes home….she is going to find us. And when she does, she will show you that power…”

Sam cocked her head and smiled in her little way. The thoughts going through her head unknown to Porchia, but Porchia recognized the look. It was the same look two sisters often gave when they were thinking something mischievous. Two sisters...and Samantha. The full extension of the Alpha Legacy....

“And a little child….will lead them….”

The story continues in “The Return…” Mrysti and the others will be back….