Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Conquest: FAQ & Basic Guide

Post by Zyera »

source: http://dulfy.net/2014/08/07/swtor-plane ... sts-guide/

What is Planetary Conquest?

Planetary Conquest is a weekly rotating objective players can participate in. While this is largely intended for guilded players, players without guilds can also participate but they won’t be able to reap all the benefits.

To access the Conquest menu, press L and go to the Conquest tab. You will see three sections on the Conquest tab that are of interest.

1: This week’s Conquest and objectives
2: Guild Leaderboards for each conquerable planet in this week’s Conquest
3: How much your character have contributed and their rewards

Conquests & Objectives

There are 11 different Conquests currently. Each one lasting a week. They will be different every week until you finish the rotation. Each Conquest will be involving a bunch of different planets/daily areas that guilds can invade and compete in.

While you won’t be able to see all the Conquests, you can get a peak at all the different conquests in the achievements menu.

Clash in Hyperspace
Death Mark
Emergency Operations
The Dread War
Titans of Industry
Total Galactic War
The Balance of Power
Rakghoul Resurgence
Relics of the Gree
The Trade Emporium
Flashpoint Havoc

Each Conquest have different objectives. Some objectives are repeatable (represented by the infinity sign), while others can done only once per legacy. Finishing the objectives will give you points towards both your personal and guild reward tracks.

Does it matter what planet we invade?
Yes. In NOR we have scheduled events for conquesting as we are a medium size guild and competing for the top ten can easily burn people out. So, when we do schedule our conquests we chose very carefully on what planet we go on. What guilds are already there, can we get a good spot on the higher top numbers and not be close to be getting kicked off the top ten. We also look at the bonuses- Each planet has it's own special bonuses that help make getting your personal conquest cap easier if it's something we do a lot. We mostly go for PvE bonuses and crafting, as we are a majority a PvE & Crafting guild- but that doesn't mean you can't go out and PvP for conquest. All objectives that are available are on the table to get points.

Why cap my personal conquest requirement, and can I still gather points after I cap?
Capping your personal will get you extra rewards at the end of the week, crafting nodes and purple Jawa Junk that you can trade in for whatever you like. Also- at the end of the week you will also get Encriptions that help us unlock rooms in the guildship! So after gathering those Encriptions, toss them into the NOR Vault of the guild bank to help out! The rewards can be found in the Conquest window.

Yes, you can still gather points after you have reached your cap. The cap is the requirement/minimum you can do to get the rewards at the end. Part 1 reward you will be given when you reach your cap, and part two reward will be given in our guild is on the top ten.

[edit: still under construction, if you have questions that can be added feel free to ask and I'll edit them in.]
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Déus
Knight
Knight
Realm: RIFT

Re: Conquest: FAQ & Basic Guide

Post by Déus »

If you can, maximize your stronghold bonus!

To do this, buy/unlock as much of the stronghold stuff as you can (Coruscant, Dromand Kass, Nar Shaddaa, and Tatooine) and then put as *many* decorations as you can. It may not be pretty, but the bonuses really makes life easier to get to the 35k on multiple toons.

Here are some cheap ways I've discovered to boost one's SHB:
=========================================================
1. Companions - Smuggle all your characters to each of the strongholds and place your companions on random Floor Small Squares. You can reuse them at *all* strongholds - even cross factions, though there's a fee for those...

2. Mounts - Same as the companions, you can spam all your mounts at each stronghold. Although you are "limited" in a sense -- mounts are 1/1 and even if two or more characters possess the same mount, you can't put down more than one of that mount. However, the good news is you can place the same mount at each of the strongholds (yay for reusing!)
a) Thanks for the refer a friend, I've got a special mount. Once my toon Déus places it in my Nar Shaddaa stronghold, my alt Amíth can't place the same mount at the Nar Shadda stronghold.
b) You can find a list of where to buy various vehicles here.
3. Pets - Same rules applies as Mounts.
Dulfy has a great pets guide here -- good luck! GTN does have some of them for fairly cheap.
4. Get characters to level 15 - At level 15, you get the stronghold quest, so free chairs and lights and such! It may not be pretty, but it's free.
a) Don't forget, you get a free Universal Prefab MK-1 from this. That's a free decoration!
5. Felusia Stato - She's got so many decorations 250 to 2500 credits.

6. PvP - Not only does queuing for PvP get you more conquest points, you don't have to win!
a) But I hate PvPing! - I sowwie, but a little bit goes a long way! Warzone Commendations buys you neat stuff.
b) But I stink at PvPing! - There are definitely some seasoned and experienced PvP'ers in the guild if you want to learn :)
c) How can I achieve this with the least amount of effort? - ... (Facepalm) *If* are you intent on maximizing PvPing with minimal effort, I recommend defending objectives in PvP. Nearly all of the people I've seen hate playing defense, and I have some victories where all I did was sit on my thumbs "guarding" an objective. Should you have to engage in battle while defending, just spam defensive cool downs and let your team know that you're under attack.
7. Security Key - While this isn't much on the SHB, in general, a security key costs you nothing and makes a huge difference. So long as you have a smart phone (I suppose tablet would work as well...) you can get a security key! Plus you can access neat stuffs...!

8. Finish class quests/get to 50 - This unlocks 50? class sign decorations. Woohoo!

Obviously you still have the option of crafting, running flashpoints and partaking in operations (highly recommended), but the above ways are a start. Hope this helps :thumb

Also: http://swtorstrongholds.com/
Déus - Guardian Butt Kicking Great One (0233)

Return to “Conquest”