Squire
Squire
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: Recruit Date - 03/16/2014

Potential Cleric Build

Post by Zanotelli »

Here is a link to my proposed Divine Oracle Faithful build:

http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=nlb:27sim4:1zx53 ... &h=1&p=dvo

My current build is less focused, because I was trying out different features to see how they work as well testing my play style.

I think Rising Hope is fantastic and with 5 points will be easy to keep a 100% up time.

I am torn between the last 11 points in Faithful (Invigorated Healing, Moon Touched, and Greater Divine Power) or is worth it to put 10 points in Righteous for Divine Advantage and Ethereal Boon. With Divine Advantage, I could pretty much remove combat advantage for everyone since I usually get a heal to everyone more than every 5 seconds, but I am not sure how critical removing combat advantage is for dungeons.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Zanotelli
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Re: Potential Cleric Build

Post by Tundrra »

that Invigorated Healing looks, great! aswell as power of life. I think im going to respec for just those 2. The only 3 encounter spells i use are in the Invigorated healing:)

I did a crit build, but i feel now that i have a vorpal, it is all the crit i will need aside from a couple runes.
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Zanotelli
Squire
Squire

Post by Zanotelli »

So I have been doing some testing before I respec to this build and here are a few things I have found out.

Rising Hope - In my gear adds about 700 Power, which increases my damage/healing by just under 2%. Not bad, but not great. I believe with Module 3, Power is being reworked a bit so this may increase. The increased recovery is nice, but nothing ground breaking, because of diminishing returns on Recovery.

I have been playing with various gear setups and trying to figure the best way to optimize my gear and build for dungeons, since I do not currently do any PVP.

For dungeons, assuming a Healing/Support role, many stats become almost worthless (Armor Penetration, Lifesteal, Deflect, and Regeneration). Armor Penetration and Lifesteal, because we are not doing enough damage to make either worthwhile. In my Healing/Support role, I do not have a single damaging encounter, except maybe Divine Glow which is there for the damage boost to the group as opposed to the actual damage. Deflect and Regeneration seem like worthless stats to me, because I am most likely to die from Burst Damage as opposed to steady damage, which makes Regeneration worthless and makes Deflect too unpredictable.

This leaves me with Defense and Hit Points with Hit Points giving the greatest increase in Effective HP. My long term targets are around 2,500 Defense and 30,000+ HP.

For Offense, I am left with Power, Crit, and Recovery. Crit seems to start diminishing rapidly after around 2,000 (which is easy to get), and after that Power seems to yield a greater return than Crit. Recovery is the tricky one, because by 3,000 the diminishing returns gets pretty steep. I have tried some power stacking, but it seems to yield only limited returns. At around 11.5K GS, I am already running into problems where extra points are are not doing much for my ability to do my job.

This got me thinking about what does a Devoted Cleric bring to the table that is critical to the success of the team. Looking at what I use in groups, I bring two critical buffs to the team (Damage Resistance increase and Healing), and one bonus buff (Damage Boost). I have three extremely critical powers (Foresight, Astral Shield and Hallowed Ground).

Foresight - 11% (w/ Beneift of Foresight) Damage Resistance increase, which is easy to keep up through heals coming from Astral Seal.

Astral Shield - 24% Damage Resistance increase, lasts for 10 seconds, fairly decent area, and can have an up time of around 66% fairly easily, and pretty much impossible to get it down much further than that. Also heals in Divinity Mode. I need to test the strength of that heal.

Hallowed Ground - 30% Damage Resistance and Damage Buff, lasts for 15 seconds, huge area.

There is no stat that will boost any of these powers, beyond power buffing the heal from Astral Shield.

However, if I could increase my action point gain, I could possibly increase the up time of Hallowed Ground and maybe between Astral Shield and Hallowed Ground have at least 1 of them up all of the time.

So all of this rambling brings me to Action Point Gain and the best way to maximize those gains.

Passive Holy Fervor adds +15% to action point gain, and every point of CHA over 10 adds another 1%. Healing Action also adds up to 5% more AP for healing powers. Recovery helps with AP gain, and there is at least 1 boon that adds 2%. I think, I can push it to around 50% more AP gain through gear, passive, CHA, and boons.

But not all encounters and at-wills are equal when it comes to AP gain. I ran some tests on the at-wills and here is what I have come up with so far in order to fastest AP gain.

at-will Astral Seal > Lance of Faith > Sacred Flame. I still need to test Brand of the Sun, but doubtful it will be worth spamming since it is a DOT. To give you idea with 42% increased AP gain it took Astral Seal 56 seconds to fill the entire pool, while Lance of Faith took 61 seconds and Sacred Flame took 66 seconds.

I need to do more testing on encounters, but Sun Burst is definitely the biggest AP gain (except for Prophecy of Doom if you used properly), and I think Healing Word is next. Need to test Astral Shield, but that stays whether it is good or bad, since it is the key encounter power. I may need to bug someone to help me test some of these encounters, since the AP gain may increase based on the number of targets.

My final testing involves Punishing Light/Soothing Light - I want to find out if Punishing Light has a faster AP gain then Astral Seal. If so, for the fastest AP gain it may make sense to save Divinity to burn on Punishing Light.

If I can get my AP Pool fill rate to 25 seconds then I could potentially use the following rotation Hallowed Ground > Astral Shield and repeat. This could potentially give the party a constant Damage Resistance Buff between 35% to 41% when combined with Foresight. Plus 60% of the time everyone would be doing an extra 30% damage.

How does this relate to my build. I may take points out of rising hope to put them in Righteous to increase my Divinity Gain for more Punishing Light if it does indeed give faster AP gain compared to Astral Seal.

Zanotelli
Zanotelli
Squire
Squire

Post by Zanotelli »

So I have finalized my build after testing a bunch of different setups.

I am still going to stay Faithful, but I am dropping Linked Spirit and Rising Hope for Divine Advantage and Ethereal Boon. Diminishing returns just affects Linked Spirit and Rising Hope too much, while Ethereal Boon will help my divinity gain, which in turn can help my AP Generation. And divine advantage seems like it could be useful when someone is attacked by many adds, which seems to happen a lot.

Now, I just have to work on getting the gear I want. I would like to get the High Prophet set, which means I need to run the following Epic Dungeons

Helm - Lair of the Mad Dragon - Chartilifax
Armor - Throne of Idris - Revenant Idris
Gauntlets - Cloak Tower - Vansi Blookscar
Greaves - Cragmire Crypts - Traven Blackdagger

Zanotelli
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

Zanotelli wrote: I need to run the following Epic Dungeons

Helm - Lair of the Mad Dragon - Chartilifax
Armor - Throne of Idris - Revenant Idris
Gauntlets - Cloak Tower - Vansi Blookscar
Greaves - Cragmire Crypts - Traven Blackdagger

Zanotelli
If your on Monday nights around 8:3o est or Thursday 9:30 est I can start helping you knock those out!
*NOR/LD-High Council
Zanotelli
Squire
Squire

Post by Zanotelli »

Got the Greaves and Gauntlets today. Now for the Helm and Armor.

Z
Zanotelli
Squire
Squire

Post by Zanotelli »

Got the Armor today, so just need the Helm. It seems like as long as I complete the dungeon during the dungeon delve hour that I get to pick 1 of the Tier 1 items from the chest. I have run three dungeon delves and all 3 have given me the choice to pick 1 item from one of the three 3 tier 1 sets. So hopefully, I just need to complete Mad Dragon during a dungeon delve hour and I will have all 4 in the set.

Z
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

Sweet! This is going pretty quick, we will give it a try in the morning if you don't get it tonight
*NOR/LD-High Council

Return to “Class Builds”