Sky's Saturday Face Rockin Ops rules

Skyleth
Champion
Champion
Realm: RIFT

Sky's Saturday Face Rockin Ops rules

Post by Skyleth »

Rules for those who come with Sky on ops of awesome and the conditions set for who's face we rock

Conditions

1. The goal of the evening will be set by those who sign up and show up. Well, actually, it will be set by me but I will make a decision based on the aforementioned.
a.) There are only two types of ops I will take time to lead on Saturday. HM ops (and not classic) or gearing ops. I will not sponsor comm runs. We will not be running things that no one really benefits from for 12 ultimate comms. If someone needs a set piece, sure, otherwise no.
b.) If progression or HMs is what the group is geared for then please be prepared and willing to spend some time wiping as we learn the mechanics. We may break off at the end of the night and run a quick weekly to get some money back and some comms but if we are working on a fight then we are working on a fight. No one gets through HMs without putting the work in.
c.) HMs is the primary function of my ops night. SMs will be backup based on signups.

2. You follow the rules. If you do not then you will be placed on reserve for one week before being returned to normal. If you do it again please make sure you sign up for Tuesday and Thursday raids before they fill up.

3. I have no issue running some SMs for gear if that is what people who log in need, however, people will state the slots they need and they will get those slots if at all possible.

4. With #3 being said, if people want to do HMs you get a one week "gimmie". That means you get one ops night (with me present and leading it) in a HM without a parse for dps or an up to date defense budget listed for tanks.

I would like to spend some time in DF and DP HM with you guys while the content is still relevant, a simple parse and defensive budget are all I'm asking to help ensure we fine tune people and make some progress.

Rules

1. If we do a SM for set pieces (or even a HM) and no one needs the piece for their current toon or an offspec then the items will be FFA for offspec/alts. That means once again if no one needs a set piece for their primary spec it becomes open to all to need on it ONLY IF you have a toon who can use it. If you gear companions off a need roll at the expense of others then you probably don't belong here. Cause like....that's not cool man.

2. Dps must parse. I don't care if you parse low but you need to keep trying and gearing until you can hit 2700 at a minimum. We will run stuff with people under that but we need to get there. There are plenty of threads and links you can skim over to help you. Taking 10 mins on a dummy with a parser every now and then will help tons. Don't do it to the extent it isn't fun, but put a little effort in.

3. Tanks must post their defensive budget in the appropriate thread.

4. If you use your free HM ops without doing 2 or 3 and attempt to come out on saturday for more HM lovins I reserve the right to exclude you from the group until you complete 2 or 3 depending on the HM. I probably wont care too much for DF depending how we look the first time we do it, but it is mandatory for DP without exception. DP is literally impossible without high parsing dps and tanks with actual mitigation.

5. Concerning HMs: If we are doing a HM do not talk over me. Do not explain fights unless I open up the floor for comments. You do not know the fights yet and dulfy is often wrong believe it or not. The normal NOR good times can flow during trash or once we have a fight on farm but until then the time before and during a fight is supposed to be for concentration, communication and explanation.

6. If you don't sign up don't show up. If you sign up, show up. My time is extremely valuable to me. Running these things is a RL commitment I have worked into my schedule (thought it may not always work out) and it is often the same with others. If you cannot be considerate enough to sign up saying you will be there so that people can make or break plans, etc, do not come. That being said, life happens, if something comes up please just post and let me know. If you become a repeat offender of not having the respect and courtesy to post if you cannot make it then you will be placed on reserve for the next ops night as a penalty before being able to sign up for a primary slot once again. This is not to say that if you happen to be able to be online and there is a free slot, that you cannot come along. Of course you can. Just don't log on without a signup expecting a spot. Homie don't roll that way.

7. We will start between 945 and 10PM EST. If you are going to be late, leave a post and we will save your slot. If you do not we will try to fill it at 10:05 EST at the latest. If there is a NORbie on who can fill your roll and you have not contacted us that you will be late, we will give your slot away in the interest of staying on schedule. That goes for me as well. There will be many times I will be unable to make it. Someone take lead and go rock some faces.

8. Sign ups are NOT on a first come first serve basis. I will be selecting the group (with alternates) that offers the highest chance of success. If I know your parse and defensive budget it tends to help. Now, with that in mind, I am going to get as many in as possible. If we have 12-16 well geared people we are going to try to make us a 16 man, ya dig? At the end of the day though, the idea is to progress/practice on the weekends, then you all refresh your lockouts for Tuesday to hit it again hopefully with some people who didn't get in Saturday or couldn't make it. Same idea for if we do SMs. Get people their stuff so they can parse higher, etc, to make it into the tuesday and thursday or even saturday raids.

All that being said, I will attempt the first official night on 11JAN with a 2130-2200 EST start time. Tund, please add Saturdays to the schedule once you see this along with either a copy/paste of this post or a link to it. Until that time people may begin signing up here for this weekend until there is a post on the main raid thread.

Thanks, hope to see you there.

I'll add stuff as I think of it.

T
T
DPS
DPS
DPS
DPS
H
H

Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve
Reserve

If we have a ton of signups we will do 16man
Last edited by Skyleth on Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alystri
Knight
Knight
House: Griffon
Record: Recruited 8\8\2013
Squire 10\17\2013
Knight 1\16\2014
Champion 3\11\2014 Promoted by Zyera
DMG 6\22\2014 Promoted by Zyera
Baron 6\22\2014 Promoted by Zyera
Return to NOR as squire 6\9\2015
Re-Promoted to Knight 11/14/2015

Re: Sky's Saturday Face Rockin Ops rules

Post by Alystri »

Aly DPS and ready to learn!
Alystri (Level 60 Watchman Sentinel)
Alyianna (Level 55 Vanguard Tank)
Tru-alanna (Level 12 Jedi Sage-Healer)
Laria
Knight
Knight

Post by Laria »

Now that all the holidays and visitors have passed by and gone home I can get back to normal gaming schedule which is basically every night but Friday, therefore I'm in!
Doz
Squire
Squire
Record: Joined NOR 11/24/2013
NOR Squire 01/2014
NOR Knight 03/2014

Post by Doz »

Sky well said and I agree. With my Lost'her DPS and Doz Scoundrel I am looking for a set bonus 78 big time.
I am ready to help out and learn the fights like a well oiled machine. :thumb
SWTOR Characters Legacy 50
Smuggler/ Scoundrel Sawbones Healer Dozi L55 / Biochem
Smuggler/ Scoundrel Scrapper DPS Doz L55 /Cybertech
Imperial Agent /Sniper Marksman DPS Lost'Her L55/Armormech
Imperial Agent /Operative Healer Lost'Him L55/Biochem
Skyleth
Champion
Champion

Post by Skyleth »

Well, if only three people are interested right now then I don't know that I will bother. This school has me insanely busy. If we don't get some more posts in here I am going to cancel until the beginning of March when I return home.
Last edited by Skyleth on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HollyCNY
Ally
Ally
Record: Recruited August 1996 (NWN on AOL)
Re-Recruited SWTOR March 2013
Squired by Tundrra SWTOR April 13, 2013

Post by HollyCNY »

Sorry Sky, but the first rule you made all but ruled me out. I've been told to do HM FP's for the comms to gear up, but this is not sufficient preparation for a raid environment. All it does is boost my dps/healing/survival/mitigation/whatever I need based on my role to acceptable levels. I can read strats, and watch videos, but subtitles are going to be too small to read on YouTube, and like you said yourself, even dulfy is often wrong. The only way I can learn is by doing. I don't need to run EV or KP, but I can't just run FP's and go straight into DF or DP. If I'm going to run any ops, I have to have practice on something easier, like TFB or S&V.

I'd very much like to assist you in any way that I can, but I wasn't even half way through your post when it was clear I would be ruled out. I wish your runs the best of luck, whether you get something going early or after you return home.
Doz
Squire
Squire
Record: Joined NOR 11/24/2013
NOR Squire 01/2014
NOR Knight 03/2014

Post by Doz »

Sky when I am in TS tonight I will let others know about your post and offer. Thank you

HollyCNY I be happy to help you gear up.
Have you done Oricron?
The planet quest will make you complete DF and DP OPS on any mode and will give you some major upgrades. When you run the Oricron quest it will give you L66 gear.
I be happy to run with you and help get you through the missions. Then we will work on finding a 16M SM. :thumb

Note anyone needing help gearing up,Please send me a message in game. I will make arrangements to help you :yay
SWTOR Characters Legacy 50
Smuggler/ Scoundrel Sawbones Healer Dozi L55 / Biochem
Smuggler/ Scoundrel Scrapper DPS Doz L55 /Cybertech
Imperial Agent /Sniper Marksman DPS Lost'Her L55/Armormech
Imperial Agent /Operative Healer Lost'Him L55/Biochem
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Sorry this post is late in coming. Kind of a weird week here, but I am also on the other side of the holiday rush and good to go.
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

HollyCNY wrote:I'd very much like to assist you in any way that I can, but I wasn't even half way through your post when it was clear I would be ruled out. I wish your runs the best of luck, whether you get something going early or after you return home.
Feel free to come along to the mid week runs. These days we're usually running storymodes rather than the more serious progression stuff we're hoping to do with Sky on Saturdays, and those runs are much more casual.
Alystri
Knight
Knight
Record: Recruited 8\8\2013
Squire 10\17\2013
Knight 1\16\2014
Champion 3\11\2014 Promoted by Zyera
DMG 6\22\2014 Promoted by Zyera
Baron 6\22\2014 Promoted by Zyera
Return to NOR as squire 6\9\2015
Re-Promoted to Knight 11/14/2015

Post by Alystri »

Maybe more people will sign up for this once it is listed n the sign up thread. I thought there was more interest from when sky first did a poll to see who would raid on sat.
Alystri (Level 60 Watchman Sentinel)
Alyianna (Level 55 Vanguard Tank)
Tru-alanna (Level 12 Jedi Sage-Healer)

Return to “Cantina”