Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Kickstarter Update 70

Post by Talolan »

Piercing the Veil™ #2
Time for their Q&A series.
Welcome Ladies and Lords, to another juicy installment of Piercing the Veil™! It’s been a very busy few weeks here at the studio, and yet I am happy to make time for PtV. You guys ask some great questions and it’s truly fun for me to answer them. I will open with a question directed to at me.
Fanglo asked: Will there be a male race that has good abs and runs around shirtless like in the movie 300?

Gosh, men’s abs are all the rage these days! They have their very own reality TV show now, don’t they? Although we jest, this does bring up a good point. There have been many discussions in the studio and on the forums about character appearance. Really what it boils down to for us is that ‘pretty’ is only entertaining for a short while, so it better have something of substance backing it up. So, while we do want our game to look good, and our players to be able to make characters that are unique and personalized, we will be focusing WAY more on actual game mechanics and performance than avatar sex appeal. Fear not, there will be plenty of avatar customization! We are not fans of boob-sliders, (or ab-sliders for the purposes of this question) but we do want there to be enough be plenty of options for folks to make as pretty or ugly a Dvergr as they see fit. Hmm. Pretty dwarves. Welp, there went my credibility.
Mac asked: Will it all be this dark? Or will there be some hope and light? I’m not all about puffy unicorn ducks with rainbow wings. But must we have a world that is so extremely dismal?

Such a timely question good sir! Why just this day I am editing a lighter Becoming™ tale that the boss sent my way. See, what happened was, he was at his desk, channeling H.P. Lovecraft and writing all of these dark, dark things, when all of a sudden, the clouds outside cleared and a bright rainbow did appear! So bright in fact that it blew the blinds clear off the windows and shone straight into his eyes! The rainbow’s essence then entered his very soul and he was possessed to write this tale. It is rather uplifting, not Disney mind, yet light-hearted enough for a puffy-unicorn-duck-with-rainbow-wings to happily digest :) You won’t have to wait long to read it. It will be part of our next Camelot Unchained sprint. So, yes, although we are making a horror genre game, there will be light, for what is darkness without it?
aylwynn asked: When do you plan to announce the “release” title of the game?

I am pushing for us to do so when we re-open PayPal this Fall ;) Mark is pushing back a little as he wants to be really sure about the name. Can’t argue with that. We have been working furiously on our accounts system, which we need to have in place for the PayPal re-launch. In fact, just this week we ran the system through its first paces and it passed with flying colors! So, soon the people who purchased Guild Tiers will be able to invite their guildies to the forums. Which is good, because I am pretty sure they have already constructed a voodoo doll of me and are planning to practice their runes on it if we don’t get this up, stat.
Three is my limit, click through for the rest.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.

Return to “Camelot Unchained”