Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Kickstarter Update 66

Post by Talolan »

Afternoon Update - Piercing The Veil #1 - October 11th, 2013
Today's update is the first Piercing the Veil™ Q&A with us, led by our Community Manager Renée Machyousky. You can also find this PtV here.

It's been a good week for us at CSE with lots of things getting done as we try to get all our ducks in a row in time for January's Internal Testing. Next week will feature two Becoming™ tales and whatever else we can get done and want to talk about.

Enjoy the first PtV and as Renée says, it is only the first of what will become a regular feature for our CM and for our game as we move onward and upward with the development of Camelot Unchained.

Have a great weekend all!
"Piercing the Veil" is the Q&A the team will be doing with the backer community. This is the first, there will be many more.
Sornin Asked: Will guilds be able to form formal alliances with other guilds in order to share communications and resources?

Do I blow a cute fuse each and every time I see a baby duck? YES! We absolutely want our players to be able to create formal alliances. I was in a rather small guild in Dark Age of Camelot, and being part of an alliance made for much easier group finding as well as intel and resource sharing. So, if Mark said no to alliances he would have to deal with some pretty epic pouting…from me.
Mirelind Asked: Did you get any ideas from this forum that you are going to put into the game?

Mark has said that the Becoming™ tale for the Bean Sidhe was inspired by a couple of questions from the forums. We believe that it’s extremely likely that Founders are going to come up with interesting ideas for us to incorporate over the lifetime of the game. As a matter of fact, Mark has a reward system that we will talk about in a future PtV. Mark would say it is ‘an oldie but a goodie’.
Meddyck Asked: Are “Arthurians”, “Tuatha de Dannan”, and “Vikings” the final names for the 3 realms or could those change before release?

These are not yet set in stone! I am on a steady diet of Founders’ thoughts and opinions, and this topic is no exception. I distil down what you folks say into a readily digestible formula for the team to consume (even though many of them are happily active and/or lurking on the forums). Fun Fact: Mark was originally going to use “Sidhe” instead of “Tuatha de Dannan” but he thought “Tuatha de Dannan” just sounded cooler.
Belatucadros Asked: Mark recently finished a document on the magic system, which he said was then discussed amongst the group at CSE. How much of it survived the group contact? Specifically Andrew, who would be making tech decisions.

Our programming team was so on board with the Magic Systems doc, that they started suggesting embellishments and talked about how it would work, rather than how it couldn’t. They are good at life. We were all excited actually and the whole team had questions and suggestions. It was inspiring! I think Mark was rather pleased with our reaction to his ‘idears’. In all fairness, Mark usually spends a lot of time talking about his system ideas with the team before he works on the design docs, just to get our initial feedback and suggestions.
There are a bunch more questions. Click through the URL for the whole Q&A.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.

Return to “Camelot Unchained”