Epic Dungeon Progression Dec 2013 - May 12 2014 (module 2+)

Hrothnor
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited sometime around late 1998 in The Realm.

Re: Epic Dungeon Progression Dec 2013 - present (module 2+)

Post by Hrothnor »

Dont forget that nasty soul sucking attack at boss3, caught me off guard with 35k hits. By the time I knew it was happening I was down to my last 2k hp and couldnt run away in time. Fun run! ... I wonder if we could get pledges for this .. lol
Sophroniscus
Squire
Squire
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV

Post by Sophroniscus »

We gotten far and I appreciate for joining it was fun and great. I never experience castle never and I am glad that my heals where doing great for you guys. Of course I have been pugging the whole time I've been doing dungeons never ran in a guild doing guild runs its pretty nice brings back Wow or GW2. Maybe we should try 3 CW 1 DC and a Tank GF. Everyone get close to boss and run during his big red circle. Worth a shot next time we will kill this Castle Never. But first I would like to bring Theren up to speed on his gear I don't like to keep a guild member behind.
Sophroniscus
Squire
Squire

Post by Sophroniscus »

Hrothnor wrote:Dont forget that nasty soul sucking attack at boss3, caught me off guard with 35k hits. By the time I knew it was happening I was down to my last 2k hp and couldnt run away in time. Fun run! ... I wonder if we could get pledges for this .. lol

LOL I remembered that I was trying to get to you so I can cast my circles but you keep running away from my screen LOL. Sorry I couldn't catch up. Then you just disappeared in thin air I thought it was my enhancements on my armor that made my spells go wack or something. Good job though.
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

Just a quick note that we successfully ran epic Caverns of Karrundax tonight with an all-NOR group. The group included me (as Talana, my GF tank), Phelaia (as her CW), Thorgrim (as Einar), Juez Calvo (rocking his oh-so-effective Anointed Champion DC), and Artillia (as Theren Stalkingwolf, his high-DPS ranger). We were all quite well geared at this point: I think the lowest GS was Phelaia, at 12.6K. No doubt that contributed to the ease of the run (see below).

This was the smoothest Karrundax run we have done as a guild, as far as I know. We beat all three bosses on the first try. We only wiped once, after we beat boss #2 and the room was filled with about two dozen flamespikers and a couple magma brutes. We gave killing them the old college try, and probably could have eventually done it if we continued running back into the room as we died, but in the end we allowed them to dissipate rather than continue throwing health potions at them.

As far as I know, this was Juez and Artillia's first run through Epic Karrundax. Congratulations to both!
I'm always down for a dungeon!
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

Dungeon: Dwarf King
Date: 1/11/2014
Team: Hrothnor (GWF), Tyrandil (GWF), Phelaia (TR), Kairon (GF), Artillia (Ranger)

As of 1/14/2014, we've switched sides to Delzoun for Gauntlegrym.

PVE: We went in during the PVE phase and did our fetch quests. The whole map has been turned around, and we were all lost for a bit.

PVP: We qued as quickly as we could. However, for the whole phase of 30 minutes, we waited...and waited...and waited...and we did not get into the PVP arena! So we did the fetch quests for the share to get into the dungeon. All of you who hate PVP can now avoid PVP. ;)

Dungeon: Here we are, and this is why we paid 750k AD to switch sides. Hrothnor was the only one among us who'd been in this dungeon twice, and he said both times, he didn't get through the last boss. This is new territory for all of us. Along we go and meet ghostly dwarves. These adds pack a hefty punch for their size. Squishy classes beware. Then came the Iron Golems in packs of 10 to 12. Since there were two GWFs and a Conquerer GF in the party, Phelaia figured that she'll drop her Smoke Bomb as often as she can and let the fighters do all the dirty work. Surprisingly, Artillia was not drawing an outsized amount of aggro for once. After about half a dozen mobs of these Iron Golems, and about 15 minutes after zoning in, we were at the gate of the boss. Due to the lack of a wizard and a cleric, this boss fight got a little hectic. The boss switches back and forth between being a dwarf and a super Iron Golem ("I'm a Juggernaut!"). Aside from a big swipe with an ax that hurts for about 15k, the boss has a poison-breathing line-attack and a mid-size AOE that stuns for quite a while. Hrothnor, Tyrandil, Kairon, and Phelaia surrounded the boss, while Artillia stood back and shot into melee. We all just straight DPS'ed it. It was difficult to target the boss due to the sheer number of adds surrounding the boss. There were moments when Phelaia thought, "I should really hurl a Shard of Avalanche into this ball of adds. Oh wait, I'm a TR tonight." The entire run took about 25 minutes, and we qued and ran it again before the end of the event.

At the end of the night, Kairon got T2 boots for his GF, and Artillia got a T2 belt. Everyone got a generous amount of Grym Coins. If we're more efficient, we can probably get 3 runs. This can be a very profitable dungeon. Also, Phelaia will take her wizard next time. :-)

:hailnor
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Post by Tundrra »

Congratz all! One more finally off the list:p
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

Another quick note, we finished Temple of the Spider tonight with an all-NOR team. (Me, Phelaia, Thorgrim, Hrothnor, and Aglavalyn.) We did it once before with four NOR members and a cleric from NW_Legit, but this is the first time a 100% NOR party has finished it. I'm very proud of everyone for hanging in there through a couple of early defeats, and coming back until we devised a working strategy. :aletoast

Phel will post a more detailed write-up later. (For now, she posted our victory screenshot to the NOR Facebook page.)
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

Dungoen: Epic Temple of the Spider
Team: Hrothnor (GWF), Tyrandil (GWF), Aglavalyn (Healer), Thorgrim (DPS CW), Phelaia (DPS CW)

It was a quiet night. Then Thorgrim suggested a run to Grey Wolf since Tyrandil had never personally beaten it. So Tyrandil picked up a GWF named Oriana from NW Legit, and called in Phelaia's TR and Agla. The run was very smooth and much much much easier than the last time we went through it. Grey Wolf herself was still not a cakewalk, but we were far from dropping like flies like we once did. Tyrandil apparently didn't think he had enough for the night, and just when he was running through some options in guild chat, Hrothnor came on. Both Tyrandil and Phelaia's CW could use a T2 chest piece, and the delve hour was coming up. So Tyrandil asked for Hroth if he'd like to complete an all NOR team to Temple of the Spider. Hroth said he's never actually finished Temple of the Spider, and he hates that dungeon. But, Hroth stepped up and off we went.

The trip to the final boss was fast and easy, but the Spider Queen herself is the real headache.

First attempt: somehow the queen was aggro'd before the adds in the perimeter of the room could be killed off. It went downhill from there.

Second attempt: Both wizards used AOE damage and probably grabbed too much aggro. As soon as the wizards went down, it was over.

Third attempt: Both wizards went single target DPS, but the GWFs had trouble holding aggro. Again, as soon as the wizards went down, it was over.

Three tries and we didn't get her past 90%.

Fourth attempt: All casters surrounded the boss. Both wizards went all out single target DPS. Phelaia kept Ice Storm for emergencies, and Thorgrim kept Singularity for emergencies. Hrothnor aggro'd the Blademasters somewhat away from boss, and his Thunderhead definitely helped. Tyrandil stuck around the boss and swept at any adds around the casters to draw aggro away from the casters. Agla kept Astral Shield under the boss as often as he could. When the queen teleported, instead of chasing her, we stuck around and cleared the Blademasters until the queen came back to us. As soon as there's a lapse in Astral Shield, Phelaia used Ice Storm, or Thorgrim used Singularity to clear the air around the boss. This somehow worked, and as soon as the queen transformed into a Drider, Tyrandil knew we had it in the bag.

At the end of the run, Phelaia got her last piece of the High Vizier set out of the delve chest. Everyone got some purple gear that was worth at least a nice pile of diamonds.

:hailnor
Attachments
ToS.jpg
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Aglavalin
Knight
Knight
House: Unicorn

Post by Aglavalin »

On that ToS run, I started using the Chains ability on the last couple tries.

It really seemed to make a difference as it held many in one spot for us to concentrate on. It seemed to hold the queen rather well too.

Someone suggested it, and it worked really well!
Alumni of: NWN, The Realm, Shadows of Yserbius, Ultima Online, Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Faldon, Everquest, Star Wars Galaxy, Lord of The Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Neverwinter, Rift, Elder Scrolls Online, plus more that I can't recall...
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

When the queen teleported, instead of chasing her, we stuck around and cleared the Blademasters until the queen came back to us.
This was really key, I think. She came running back to hit us with her mace, so there was no need to chase her down when she teleported away. Trying to chase her was getting us separated. And killing the blademasters down was essentially reducing her health pool anyway, since she steals life from them.

Return to “Information & Updates”