Epic Dungeon Progression Dec 2013 - May 12 2014 (module 2+)

Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Epic Dungeon Progression Dec 2013 - May 12 2014 (module 2+)

Post by Tundrra »

Dec 5th 2013 - (current)
May 13th 2014 -
Aug 27 2013 - Dec 4th 2013
To Qualify for guild completion be sure the party is made up of at least 4 of 5 members! Please list who attended and a little about your adventure!
Cloak Tower (5700 GS)
Makred The Foul | Throg the Ravenous | Vansi Bloodscar

Cragmire Crypts (5700 GS)
Kallos Tam | Competing Adventure Party | Daughter of Lolth | Traven Blackdagger

Fardelver Crypt : Gauntlgrym (5700 GS) 06.20.13 Launch
Cleric of Asmodeus

Lair of the Mad Dragon (6800 GS)
Mizreal Everdark | Baelrath the Vile | Chartilifax

The Throne of Idris (6800 GS)
Bone Golem | Direhelm Forge | Idris the Revenant

Grey Wolf Den (6800 GS)
Regdar Thunderfist | Packmaster Zayev | Ethraniev Marrowslake

Lair of the Pirate King (8300 GS)
The Redolent Surgeon | Bosun Thickgristle | Bartholomew Blackdagger

The Frozen Heart (8300 GS)
Grast the Gut-Cruncher | Enhanced Rimefire Golem | Hrimnir, Frost Giant Chieftan

Spellplague Caverns (8300 GS)
Plague Reaver | Mouth of Madness | A’Drx’l the Aboleth Overseer

Temple of the Spider (8300 GS)
Lord Jevahn Jhalvar | Halbryn Dark Stalker | Syndryth High Priestess of Lolth

Caverns of Karrundax (8300 GS)
Pyraphenia the Firebrand | The Hand of Maegera | Karrundax the Red

The Dread Vault (8300 GS)
Graft-Harrow | Yalghoor the Rank | Yshiggol

Dwarf King’s Crypt : Gauntlgrym (8300 GS) 06.20.13 Launch
Dwarf King

Castle Never (9200 GS)
Valindra's Pet| Tal'gath the Watcher | Xivros the Undying | Dracolich

Malabog Castle (9200 GS) 08.22.13 Module 1
Krol Nightforge | Malabog | Competing adventure party | Fulminorax | Fulminorax (post interrupt removal 3.14)

Valindra's Tower (10500 GS) 12.05.13 Module 2 "Shadowmantle"
Shatterspine | Valindra
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Re: Epic Dungeon Progression Dec 2013 - present (module 2+)

Post by Tundrra »

Module 2 goes live in a couple hours bringing with it 3 new artifact gear slots and one new ability to add to your rotation. Due to these changes we are starting a new progression tracker so to preserve our previous accomplishments! :hailnor Lets get this fully green before module 3!!! :hailnor
*NOR/LD-High Council
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

Dungeon: Malabog's Castle
Date: 12/6/2013
Team: Thorgrim (CC), Tyrandil (CC GWF), Eliza Uthadar (DPS GWF), Phelaia (CC/DPS), Aglavalyn (Healer)

This run was planned about a week ago, when Thorgrim and Hrothnor proposed the plan of running Malabog as 3 GWF and 2 CW. Leading up to this night, Hrothnor and Thorgrim were running Malabog every night. Come Friday night, Hrothnor was not available, so we grabbed a newly respec'ed Eliza U who is now an Iron Vanguard GWF. Phelaia respec'ed some of her feats but was not thinking straight due to a bad cold, and *forgot* to take that one spell that fries Valindra. Thankfully, Thorgrim didn't mind too much. Agla volunteered to heal us, and in we go.

Boss #1: We wiped just once, when Phelaia didn't really know what she was supposed to do when the Totemist spawned at 30%. Before the second try, Thorgrim told Phelaia, "CC the shaman as top priority." Phelaia did as told, and voila, the fight went without a hitch.

Boss #2: This competing Adventuring Party was...not a competition.

Boss #3: King of Malabog. Thorgrim asked Tyrandil to help taking down the Witches when they spawn, and Tyrandil was really on the ball about it. This fight didn't take that long.

Boss #4: The Dragon. We wiped twice. The devs have "fixed" this fight: (1)The area near the door is no longer safe during the strafing runs, (2) Valindra's purple circle also stranded Phelaia in the middle of a red stripe twice, (3) there is no wave of Redcaps near the end. Thorgrim had the one spell to fry and interrupt Valindra, and he never missed once. Phelaia would hurl an Ice Knife at Valindra for insurance. Tyrandil and Eliza U kept hacking at the dragon, and Eliza U was doing an amazing amount of DPS with a healthy buff from Thorgrim and Phelaia. Between potions, the new artifact named Waters of Elah'zad, and Agla's potent healting, we stayed on our toes and wore the dragon down slowly and steadily. At 10%, something hit Agla and killed him outright. Uh-oh. At 8% boss's health, while Phelaia was on her way to Valindra and literally at the edge of the arena far far away from the dragon, something zappity flew at her, and WITHOUT ANY RED ON THE GROUND, that something took Phelaia from 75% health to dead. At 5% boss's health, the same something took Tyrandil from full to 5%, and Valindra's purple bolt promptly killed him too. Double Uh-Oh! Now...Thorgrim and Eliza U were the only ones left, and Phelaia could do nothing but watch and hope. Through amazing teamwork and sheer skill, Thorgrim and Eliza U took down the dragon. That was the most nail-biting 5% in Phelaia's time.

A special mention: Hrothnor was not physically in this run, but he was instrumental to us defeating this dungeon as a guild. He's helped Thorgrim learn the fights very well by dragging Thorgrim into Malabog everyday for a week. He's loaned a Greater Barkshield to Phelaia that allowed her to survive being choked by Valindra, and a Greater Lifedrinker to Tyrandil that heals with every strike. He's the honorary 6th member of the party.

Everyone got something cool out of the Delve Chest, but finally clearing Malabog as a guild was worth way more than the cool loot.

:hailnor
Attachments
not the greatest screenshot, here's the proof!
not the greatest screenshot, here's the proof!
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

Im so excited for you all!! Congratz on the new Dragon Kill!!
*NOR/LD-High Council
Aglavalin
Knight
Knight
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Unicorn

Post by Aglavalin »

That was a brutal fight, and my first time getting past the start of that end fight.

I had been there once before but we couldn't give it much of a go with the group we had that time.

Group makeup is very important on this one.
Alumni of: NWN, The Realm, Shadows of Yserbius, Ultima Online, Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Faldon, Everquest, Star Wars Galaxy, Lord of The Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Neverwinter, Rift, Elder Scrolls Online, plus more that I can't recall...
Hrothnor
Baron
Baron
Record: Recruited sometime around late 1998 in The Realm.

Post by Hrothnor »

Glad to hear the run went well and was successful! So I ran VTower yesterday and we beat it. It hard to describe and its even harder to survive =). Add control is paramount as is gear and player ability. You have to know your class and be "tuned" into with good internet conn speeds. Lag is deadly. The group I went with was a mixed group in broken english, the only reason they took me was because they couldnt get a GF and my GS is 15k now. First boss is ShatterSpine and is a bone golem with nasty AoE and plenty of adds. I dont know, I just tanked with lifedrinker and ate potions! Punishing charge help get me out of redspots. Then after him came room by room clearing.... just like all other epic runs... just with steroid infused mobs. You just work your way along to a mini boss Iron Golem who has AN ENTIRE army in front of him. This point is very delicate and wise pulling is paramount. We did it first try. On the way to Aunty Val. What can I say.. teamspeak or ventis a must. My best advice is watch this video.. http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php? ... e-w-video/ - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niwFrLDNtro , its more or less what we did and I was required by the group to watch it before we left. It explains the criss-cross red death streak with chasing ghosts, the caskets waves that pop elite mobs and the teamwork involved. I defin poss to complete.. I have done it and DC greaves dropped.. but its going to need extremely high end gear and or play style with a tight team. Sent build with soul is the only reason I made it. On another note after soooo many runs in MC 3/3 and no offhand drop, I got frustrated and decided to get into this VT run.... my regular MC crew ran MA and asked me to join.. I needed a break.. so guess what dropped... 'whimper' :( :(
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

Some more green text has been added to the master list :-)

Phel will post a write-up later.
I'm always down for a dungeon!
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

Tyrandil wrote:Some more green text has been added to the master list :-)

Phel will post a write-up later.
Great! It's been a while since we have conquered something new.
*NOR/LD-High Council
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Squired 7/22/2013

Post by Phelaia »

Date: 1/1/2014
Dungeon: Castle Never
Team: Hrothnor (Iron Vanguard GWF), Tyrandil (Sentinel GWF), Phelaia (CC/DPS), Thorgrim (Max CC), Sophrosniscus (DPS DC)

This run was planned over the weekend, because what's better than starting the year off with a run to Castle Never? Soph and Thorgrim had never been here before. This is also Sophroniscus's first guild run with NOR, and Tyrandil is dragging him to Castle Never already. Last time NOR was here, the team was stared down by the Beholder(Boss #2) at 75% health. Even Hroth, our most well-geared teammate, had never been much farther than the Beholder. If we get past the Beholder this night, we'd be forging new territory for the guild. All of us got on Teamspeak, even just to listen in. Here we go:

Boss #1: The trip to Valindra's Pet was uneventful. Phelaia fell once at the hall of a hundred skeletons due to a massive lag spike. As we got to the stairway before Boss #1, Phel noticed that the campfires at the bottom and the top of the stairs were gone! Oy, because if we wipe here, we wouldn't be able to just keep running back in like we did last time. So we go down the hallway towards the giant spider and proceeded to clear the boss room of little guys. Along comes Valindra's Pet, and the blade spiders start to spawn every 5 seconds. Soph used Chains of Blazing light to constrict the adds, while the two wizards tag-teamed Singularity to mop them up and dump them on top of the boss. Tyrandil and Hroth hacked away at the boss and the adds. This fight went smoothly, and no one even came close to falling. This is looking good.

Boss #2: Onward towards the Beholder...the strategy was much like Mad Dragon: Hroth tanks the Beholder and get it to face the back wall, while the rest of us deal with the adds by dumping them on the boss. Everyone stayed close and around the boss. The wizards tag-team Steal Time, Singularity, and Shard of Avalanche, and the adds were actually getting cleared. Soph was critting and crit-healing. This fight went smoothly, and no one even came close to falling. This is looking better.

And we keep going...we go into a zone called the Shadowfell, and there were more adds in the random encounters. At one point, they came in groups of 15 to 20 just around the corner along a walkway. Phelaia and Thorgrim got into a little co-op game of Singularity and Repel to launch the ball of adds over the railing and down to the abyss. At one point, Hroth, Tyr, and Soph jumped off a ledge and discovered--to their surprise--a Gelatinous Cube, and as Phel and Thorgrim were going to to them to help, Thorgrim launched some skeletons over a gate off to the side, perhaps thinking that they wouldn't come through. Wrong. Tons of Skeletons, Witches, Wight Commanders started to pour in THROUGH the gate! No, that gate is not operable by the players. Soon there was so much red, there were no place to stand. We wiped once here. We try again. This time we knew and fought smaller groups by kiting a little bit and making the Cube walk a full circuit up a long flight of stairs and then fighting it. At this point, Tyr commented that the dungeon has become a parody of itself. It also dawned on Phelaia that if we get to the last boss, it wouldn't be possible to vacuum up the adds and launch them over the front gate and leave them stuck behind the gate (seen this in a video), because wouldn't the adds just walk back in anyway?

Boss #3: We get to something that looks like an arena, and Thorgrim asked, is this it? No, Boss #3 is some kind of buff, naked, Undead humanoid. Same strategy as before. The circular arena is shaped like the lid of pot, and it's raised a little in the middle. This fight was noticeably more difficult than the last one. We were starting to go down a bit more often and had to rely on the Soulforged enchantment in our armor. After the boss went down, Phelaia looked around and wondered why there were only three other people standing around. Then Thorgrim said in party chat, "I can't get back. Too many adds." What? When did he die?! How did we not see him go down and save him in time? And, who would design an arena where you can't even see if your teammates went down across the room? Now Thorgrim was stuck at a campfire quite a ways back. We all backtrack to get him and indeed discovered a whole host of respawned adds between us and Thorgrim. With one wizard short, we nearly wiped here. Nearly. Why do adds respawn in a dungeon?! Oh right, this was a "feature" not a bug. This was starting to get a little ridiculous. At this point, wading through 15-20 adds of complex composition had become the standard, and the random encounters have become "the greatest hits" of the lesser dungeons.

Boss #4: Not long after Boss #3, there was another circular arena, and there was clearly a ginormous zappity blue dragon behind it. After 2.5 hours, we're finally here at the infamous Dracolich we all remember from the game trailer. Phelaia knew that if we didn't get through this fight, it's ok, because we've gone where no NOR team has gone before. Thankfully, there's a campfire right outside of the gate. We potioned up and decided to use the strategy that has worked in the previous three boss fights. As soon as the fight started, the Red Wizards and skeletons started pouring in. The two GWFs were on dragon. The wizards dumped adds on the dragon, while Soph kept us all going somehow. The Red Wizards were particularly hard to dodge, because they practically fill the room with stacked red areas that do knock down. The red areas are not accurate either. Then came squads of the mini melee wights that we've seen in Malabog. At 90% health, one of casters went down, and it was downhill from there. For our next two attempts, we tried to pull the adds to the edge and kill them there, but these adds are impossible to kill in one rotation by either wizard. Knocking them off the arena is no longer possible because invisible walls have been added. At this point, It was well past 10p PST, and Tyr and Phel were getting tired. Phel was starting to lose focus and make bad mistakes. Our final attempt involved the three casters running and kiting the adds around the edge of the arena, and the casters went down one by one while kiting. The only person who could stand in that room for longer than a few seconds was Hrothnor, and even he needed his Soulforged armor to save him once. A total of four attempts, and we haven't even gotten to the purples hands phase.

I am very very proud of how we all did in this full-NOR run. Having been to Malabog and back, I can confidently say that this is harder than Malabog. There's a lot more BS here than in Malabog. No matter, the castle has somehow become a repeatable quest. We will go back when we're all a bit tougher, better geared, and better skilled.

:hailnor
Phelaia Fiendline
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Squired 7/22/2013

Post by Phelaia »

Castle Never Draco fight videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWVOnZnuI4s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sInbghb79g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y4kST4BYQE

There's a common theme in these three videos: there are THREE wizards, and every wizard puts out twice as much DPS as my Phelaia. Maybe Thorgrim can put out the numbers to thin the adds, but at this point, my Phelaia just can't hack it in there yet.
Phelaia Fiendline

Return to “Information & Updates”