Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Epic Dungeon Progression Aug 2013 - Dec 2013

Post by Tundrra »

Aug 27 2013 - December 2013

To Qualify for guild completion be sure the party is made up of at least 4 of 5 members! Please list who attended and a little about your adventure!

Cloak Tower (5700 GS)
Makred The Foul | Throg the Ravenous | Vansi Bloodscar

Cragmire Crypts (5700 GS)
Kallos Tam | Competing Adventure Party | Daughter of Lolth | Traven Blackdagger

Fardelver Crypt : Gauntlgrym (5700 GS) 06.20.13 Launch
Cleric of Asmodeus

Lair of the Mad Dragon (6800 GS)
Mizreal Everdark | Baelrath the Vile | Chartilifax

The Throne of Idris (6800 GS)
Bone Golem | Direhelm Forge | Idris the Revenant

Grey Wolf Den (6800 GS)
Regdar Thunderfist | Packmaster Zayev | Ethraniev Marrowslake

Lair of the Pirate King (8300 GS)
The Redolent Surgeon | Bosun Thickgristle | Bartholomew Blackdagger

The Frozen Heart (8300 GS)
Grast the Gut-Cruncher | Enhanced Rimefire Golem | Hrimnir, Frost Giant Chieftan

Spellplague Caverns (8300 GS)
Plague Reaver | Mouth of Madness | A’Drx’l the Aboleth Overseer

Temple of the Spider (8300 GS)
Lord Jevahn Jhalvar | Halbryn Dark Stalker | Syndryth High Priestess of Lolth

Caverns of Karrundax (8300 GS)
Pyraphenia the Firebrand | The Hand of Maegera | Karrundax the Red

The Dread Vault (8300 GS)
Graft-Harrow | Yalghoor the Rank | Yshiggol

Dwarf King’s Crypt : Gauntlgrym (8300 GS) 06.20.13 Launch
Dwarf King

Castle Never (9200 GS)
Valindra's Pet | Tal'gath the Watcher | Xivros the Undying | Dracolich

Malabog Castle (9200 GS) 08.22.13 Module 1
Krol Nightforge | Malabog | Competing adventure party | Fulminorax & Valindra|
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Tyrandil
Count
Count
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Re: Epic Dungeon Progression Aug 2013 -

Post by Tyrandil »

Hrothnor and I successfully ran Epic Cragmire Crypts. I brought Talana, my guardian fighter, and he brought his...distinctively dressed...great weapon fighter. It was otherwise a PUG, and we had one of each party member. Thoughts:
- Interrupt powers (that is, those that specifically say they "interrupt") will disrupt elite casting, but not boss casting. They're quite useful for stopping hexers if you can react quickly enough.
- We skipped the Daughter of Lolth. We beat all the other bosses - including Blackdagger - on our first try!
- Against Blackdagger, we concentrated on killing the adds whenever they appeared. Party worked together to kill the tougher elites one at a time.
- I hung around the edges killing snipers, then moved into help with the melee bandits, then the hexers, then the deathpledged, then Traven (in that order).
- I ran my guardian fighter almost like a pseudo-cleric, watching the party's health bars and using Knight's Valor to intercept damage whenever it looked like someone was starting to take a beating. Knight's Valor alone generated enough threat to get the adds' attention for a while after I did that.
- So there's the pirate heart I owe ya, Tundrra. :)
I'm always down for a dungeon!
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

Tyrandil wrote: - So there's the pirate heart I owe ya, Tundrra. :)
THANK YOU SIR!

I want to keep this progression chart for guild groups only, atleast 4 of the 5 a that are guildies. This way it shows are accomplishments as a whole and encourages more teamwork:). I know we have cleared a few of these already, but we can do them again:p
*NOR/LD-High Council
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

09.02.2013 Cloak Tower & Cragmire Crypts

TANK:
  • Tyrandil
CC:
  • PuG'd : Eldrath & CmacD
DPS:
  • Phelaia
  • Nimm
HEALER:
  • Tundrra
We started the night heading into Epic Dread Vault, but after a couple discouraging early wipes it was decided that we would work on our new progression list and complete them in order! So after a quick regroup we zoned into Epic Cloak Tower, this zone we have done before as a guild but we hadn't tracked it in the past. We ran through it in about 30mins leaving us plenty of time to do the next dungeon on the list! Cragmire Crypts, this one took slightly longer but nothing in there could stand in our way for long, we even took the time to kill the bonus boss "Daughter of Lloth". We still had a bit of time left after the 2nd dungeon and we noticed the Skirmish block was still in effect so we led one final adventure into the new Fey "Master of the Hunt" Skrimish.

It was a very positive and successful night and we are looking forward to next weeks Monday Dungeon Run!
*NOR/LD-High Council
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

:hailnor

Date: September 8, 2013, 2:00pm PST
Dungeon: Throne of Idris (Epic)
Participants: Hrothnor (GWF), Talana (GF alt of Tyrandil), Rallis (TR), Aglavalyn (DC), Phelaia (CW)

Boss #1:
No issues.

Boss #2:
No issues.

Boss #3:
We attempted this 4 times.

All mobs in the two lower steps of the room were not too difficult. Idris herself was the real trouble. There were always 2 zombie hulks milling around, and these two make a beeline for the CW. Worse yet, these original two Hulks always get back up when killed. At 2/3 HP and 1/3 HP, Idris spawns 2 additional Hulks and 4 Skeleton Archers. The Skeletons can be killed quickly, but the Hulks seems to have a ton of HP. Idris starts the fight by creating a purple rift close to her, and the rift shoots 8 purple clouds in 8 directions, and another round of 8 purple clouds in another 3 seconds. These purple clouds do 5k damage if they pass through you, and they also daze you. Kiting Idris down to the base level of the room seems to get her to spawn just Hulks but no Direhelms. TR, GWF, and CW were one-shotted by *something* at one point. I cannot speak for the TR and the GWF, but as a CW, I was constantly chased by 2 wandering Hulks that keep getting back up when killed. And, as I was trying to deal with the 2 Hulks, somehow Idris would teleport directly behind me, shoots me with something that has a golden glow, and the next thing I know, I was down to 5% of my HP and bleeding to death.

At the 4th attempt, TR and GWF died during the first wave of adds, and GF, CW, and DC held out until Idris was down to 1/3. CW was stuck between Idris and 2 Hulks and got one-shotted. GF and DC held out until the second wave of adds got them.

Perhaps we can all learn a thing or two on Youtube and try again another day...

Phelaia
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

Throne of Idris- Epic

TANK:
  • Tyrandil
CC:
  • Phelaia (DpS or CC)
DPS:
  • Nimm
  • Rallis
HEALER:
  • Tundrra
Success!! We flew through the starter bosses like the group did the night before, the final boss we downed on the first attempt!! Great work all! Some of the technics that helped with the success were that we fought on the MidLevel, and Phelaia was able to knocked the hulks to the lower levels several times. Also our Tank Tyrandal taunted and kited the hulks away while the DPS took out Idris:)

Great work!!
*NOR/LD-High Council
Nimm
Baron
Baron
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: Nimm BN/ Neverwinter
Recruited by Tundrra
Faithfully followed since 9/2012

Post by Nimm »

An additional point to why the secomd level is important is that it keeps the helmet ghosts (their name elides me at the moment) from spawning up near the chest.
Nimm Riggers BN/ Neverwinter
60 Human Great Weapons Fighter
60 Dwarf Guardian Fighter
10 Tiefling Control Wizard
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

Epic Grey Wolf den.

TANK:
  • Kyler
CC:
  • Phelaia
DPS:
  • Nimm
  • Tyrandil
HEALER:
  • Tundrra
New comer Ryker joined us this week bringing his Tanking Skills! We progressed through this zone more smoothly then in the past, downing the zone bosses one right after the other. However the final boss stopped us once again. We had a pretty good placement this week but dodging the red healing circles still needs some practice. Even with a defeat everyone was in good spirits as we headed out for the Daily Skirmish afterwards!
*NOR/LD-High Council
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

For those of us who attempted Epic Grey Wolf last night, here's a helpful video I found on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnoyKZ2VOSo

This is from a DC's perspective up on the top. A few things I noticed:

1. Party: 2TR, 1 GWF, 1 DC, 1GF. That's THREE DPS's, but no CW.

2. GWF and GF on boss duty. TRs on adds duty. One of the TRs died during the first wave of adds, so these people actually 4-manned the rest of it.

3. At below 30% health, the big red circles of purple hands and the smaller red circles of life steal often stack on top of each other. When both circles hit someone, they can bring you from full to nearly dead in one go.

4. Kyler was right to tell the casters to stay on the top platform, because the shadow wolves rarely run up to the platform.

I did some reading on the forums and found these bits of helpful info for the melee people up with the boss:

1. The shadow wolves only spawn if Marrowslake strikes something with her sword. A GF blocking a strike will still spawn the wolves. The attack that will most likely cause wolves to spawn is her pounce. You literally have a second to move out of that circle before she leaps to it, knocks down anything there and takes a swing. It's also harder to dodge once the wolfmen spawn as their leap has the same splat. So, try not get hit.

2. The further away you are from the boss, the longer it takes for the pounce to get to you. After the pounce is when she'll drive her sword into the ground and the hand attack will appear beneath everyone. If you struggle dodging attacks, just move around while waiting for the pounce and the hands. Attack after that for a bit. Rinse repeat. It'll take a bit longer but you won't die in the first 30 seconds of the fight.
Last edited by Phelaia on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Kyler
Recruit
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV

Post by Kyler »

I think the absolute main issue we were having is that we were not keeping the boss in the center at a reasonable distance from the cliff. It was either too far away or too close or too far off to the sides.

Now that I fully remember, the way I beat him on normal was everyone stayed on top while I kept aggro on ONLY the boss. Whatever mobs that spawned, DPS were quick to down at the top of the cliff. Sure it takes a bit longer, but it increases survivability considerably.

All in all, we'll get this sucker back!

PS

FYI, the tank wasn't Ryker... ;]

Return to “Dungeons”