Should We Switch to Delzoun?

Tyrandil
Count
Count
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Should We Switch to Delzoun?

Post by Tyrandil »

Today, during Gauntlgrym, as the Luskan Corsairs plummeted in flames to another ignominious defeat, it was suggested that we switch sides and join the Delzoun Explorers. I'd like to gauge how much interest there is in that option.

The fact of the matter is the Luskans almost always lose, by a wide margin, during the PvP phase. And there's really nothing we can do to change that. We're not an elite PvP guild, and even when we have a solid team, there are too many other players involved, across too many instances, for us to make a significant difference. There are some good PvP guilds on the Luskan side, but they seem to have largely abandoned Gauntlgrym. I haven't seen any of them in months. Moreover, it's been six months since Gauntlgrym was implemented, and Cryptic has done nothing to fix the imbalance. Frankly, they don't seem to care.

This causes a couple of problems for us as a guild. (1) Gauntlgrym is frustrating. Nobody likes getting beaten up all the time. We hold our noses and put up with the PvP phase because we want the diamonds and the dungeon share, but really, does anyone actually enjoy it? And the frustration is compounded by the fact that we can't do anything about it. (2) As a practical matter, we're locked out of the Tier 2 Gauntlgrym dungeon. Since we're a PvE guild, it kind of stinks that we're prevented from accessing all of the dungeon content.

So, that's the first question. Do we want to switch to Delzoun?

The second question is, are we willing to pay for it? It costs 750,000 astral diamonds to switch our guild allegiance. If we are going to do this, I would suggest we take up a collection. I understand there are ways to transfer diamonds between players. So far, Agla is willing to donate two planar idols (worth about 90K) to the cause. I could scrape together 100K in fairly short order, and I'd be willing to donate that. If anyone else wants to switch and is willing to donate to make that happen, please say so (and pledge an amount).

-- Your friendly neighborhood Tyrandil
I'm always down for a dungeon!
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Re: Should We Switch to Delzoun?

Post by Tundrra »

I will put up a 100k aswell
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
tornasunder
Knight
Knight
Realm: Neverwinter
Record: 11-9-13 -- Joined NOR in Neverwinter

12-9-13 -- Transferred from Neverwinter branch to SWTOR branch, Squired into the guild.

Post by tornasunder »

I still log in to pray and run my leadership profession up to 20 (19 atm). I don't really play much so I won't miss it, I can kick in 100k (or whatever balance I have) plus whatever zen I have laying around too.
Rastabob -- 55 Powertech Tank -- SWTOR
Honbadger -- 50 Inquisitor -- SWTOR
Pastabob -- 55 Operative -- SWTOR
Rastabobtwo -- 55 Vanguard Tank -- SWTOR
Tornasunder -- 55 Consular DPS -- SWTOR

Tornasunder -- 60 Guardian Fighter -- Neverwinter

Intisar - "It's like story mode, just harder"
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

Phelaia has said she will pledge 100,000 diamonds, too.

So far, that makes:
- Agla: 90K
- Tyrandil: 100K
- Tundrra: 100K
- Tornasunder: 100K
- Phelaia: 100K
-------------------

We're more than 2/3 of the way there already! I feel like I should get out one of those big cardboard thermometers that schools and libraries use during pledge drives. :tongue2
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

Tornasunder just upped his pledge to 173,500 diamonds and 635 ZEN. That puts us at 563,500 diamonds, plus whatever 635 ZEN will buy. He's pledged the largest amount so far, and the ZEN/diamond exchange is pretty low right now, so I'd prefer not to convert his ZEN to diamonds if possible.
tornasunder
Knight
Knight

12-9-13 -- Transferred from Neverwinter branch to SWTOR branch, Squired into the guild.

Post by tornasunder »

Nayla has also pledged 180,000 diamonds bringing the totals up to 743,500 diamonds!

Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Post by Tundrra »

I made a zen exchange listing for 390AD per Zen, however the exchange is only at 360 (which is awesome normally). So which ever comes first me getting a fresh 100k or the prices rise:) should be less then a week either way.
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
tornasunder
Knight
Knight

Post by tornasunder »

I will make a commitment to run foundry dailies (at the very least) for 2 days this weekend to fill the gap (8k diamonds iirc). This should put you guys over what you need (and will save me some face of nayla besting me :p ).

Nayle
Squire
Squire
House: Unicorn
Record: Join: 11/09/2013- NOR in Neverwinter
Squiring:12/09/2013

Post by Nayle »

tornasunder wrote:I will make a commitment to run foundry dailies (at the very least) for 2 days this weekend to fill the gap (8k diamonds iirc). This should put you guys over what you need (and will save me some face of nayla besting me :p ).
./slap torn.. I will beat you!!!!!
SWTOR

Eylan 55 Sith Sorcerer- She Loves Throwing lighting at things watching them Blow up!
Na'yla 55 Mercenary - She will Gun you down..
Nayle 55 Jedi Sage - She a Healbot in the making!
Sarabii 18 Scoundrel - She just like to Sneak around and Yell *Sneaky Sneaky!!!*

Neverwinter

Nayle 60 Control Wizard

WildStar

Ishkabbiblia 45 Esper/Settler
Maylie 42 Medic/Settler
RastaBarbie 35 Stalker/Explore
Mujerstia 35 Engineer/Soldier
Nayle 35 SpellSlinger/Scientist
Laylia 35 Warrior/Soldier
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

That's awesome, you guys!

Tundrra, Torn, and Nayla, I have put up Portable Altars for sale on the Auction House for the exact amounts of your pledges (100K, 173.5K, and 180K, respectively). Look for the ones being sold by Raju Thavanesh@Grey_Weasel. Purchasing them will effectively transfer your pledge to the alt I have set up as the separate bank account for this purpose (less the 10% AH fee, which unfortunately can't be avoided).

Return to “The Moonstone Mask”