A new stranger enters

Hang out, talk, post whatever is on your mind.
Mallicieux
Recruit
Realm: Dungeons & Dragons

A new stranger enters

Post by Mallicieux »

As the Outriders are enjoying drink and merriment in their favorite tavern, a strange Wood Elven figure makes his entrance and makes his way discretely into the tavern. Before her closes the door, he peers back outside as if he is checking to see if he is being followed.

He is dressed in simple studded leather armor. His mask and cloak, a mishmash of animal hides and furs. The hood of his cloak is pulled over his head and he wears a mask seemingly intent on hiding his identity. He moves with feline grace. He appears lightly armed with practical, yet well used but well cared for weaponry. He has a pair of short swords at his waist, a well crafted longbow, across his back, and you can make out the hilts of daggers about his clothing He sets his pack on the floor between is feet as if guarding his belongings, He moves gracefully and finds a seat in the dimly lit back corner of the tavern. He seems to blend into the shadows and removes his hood revealing a coppery complexion, brown/blonde hair. His hair appears unwashed, pulled up in a tail and braid. If you didn't know any better, you would think this elf has crawled for miles though thick underbrush. You can make out dirt, leaves, grass, & thorns on his face and hands, his clothing and hair. His forehead is covered in what appears to be war paint covering his forehead. There is one item that appears out of place, a very well crafted signet ring on his left index figure. The symbol on the signet matches the symbol painted on his forehead. He appears exhausted, nervous, and in a somewhat defensive posture scouting out the room. What could he have been through? you wonder. What levels of hell has he seen and lived to tell. You notice hism scanning every patron and employee of the tavern. You get the impression you are being scouted. You detect pain, suffering, and loss in his eyes. He appears to be a Wood Elf just reaching age of maturity. His obvious youth is betrayed by his aged appearance. You can see battle scars, some appear recent and not healing well. As you look him over, you can make out blood stains, tears, & burns on his clothing. He appears more nervous of you than you are of him. He has clearly been through hell.

As the stranger senses no eminent danger, you see and hear him close his eyes, inhale deeply, holding his breath a moment, then audibly exhaling. Once he makes eye contact with the bar maid, he nods his head to order. You detect a wild form of Common as if he hails from a more savage land. His accent and dialect is unidentifiable. Someone in your party detects a bit of what you think is UnderCommon in his dialect. This strikes you as being highly unusual in a civilized area such as this.

He orders a meal, two shots of the strongest whiskey, and a pint of ale. In a blink of an eye, he downs both shots of whiskey. He tears into his meal as if he had not eaten in days. He seems to inhale the pint of ale. Within a few minutes, scanning the room once again, he seems to relax in a trancelike state and nods off, his weariness, a full belly, and alcohol taking their course.

/ooc

Hail and well met. I am Kerry, age 49, a water and electric utility professional residing in Los Angeles. I am married and seeking new friends here. I am a survivor of Norrath, prior to and post Shattering, Stormreach, Korriban, and in this version of myself, the isolated Runewood Forest.

I have been most recently playing a level 23 Ranger in D&D online on Sarlona and tabletop D&D in D&D Adventurers League, both tabletop at a game store here in LA and via Roll20.

I was in a successful power raiding guild in Everquest on the old Mith Marr Server, moving to Legends on Stormhammer server. I moved to EQ2 Beta and still have an Eq2 account. I moved to DDO and am most active there. I just started trying NeverWinter. I am beginning to think I enjoy being a n00b. I renewed my love with D&D before Christmas, thanks in part to Stranger Things. I am full circle from D&Din the 80s literally in my Friends basement to a 50 year old professional career adult. What a ride. So yeah. Don't ever say to me, "dude, do,you even game?" I see you have some folks dabbling in D&D. I have experience with Roll20 and would love to join up there too.

I like what you have done with the place. I have been in many guilds, served as guild officer and [strike]dictator[/strike] leader. I know first hand how rare it is for a guild to survive. I still dabble in EQ, EQ2, and KNights of the Old republic. I think this will be a good home for me and my [strike]addiction[/strike] hobby.

Mallicieux is my current persona in DDO, Neverwinter & D&D. I was mostly a Rogue and Shadow Knight in my EQ & EQ2 persona. My best moment was as a rogue rescuing a wiped Plane of Hate Raid by myself. What a rush. I have fallen in love with the Ranger class and and focusing on that.

More about Mallicieux's tragic background, his origin, bonds, flaws etc to come.

My wife thinks I have un-diagnosed ADD....lol. Oh, I love to role play so let's have some fun.
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Re: A new stranger enters

Post by Tundrra »

Well met and welcome!!!

I do miss the old Norrath days:) if you have a character in Neverwinter I can help get you a guild tag there:)
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

Hail and welcome! :)

:hailnor
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Windemere
Duke
Duke

Post by Windemere »

Excellent, glad to have you! :D
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Post by Sofija »

Hail and welcome :aletoast
And as a RP'er myself, LOVE the intro :D
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

Welcome, Mallicieux! What is your @handle? The game won't allow me to find you with just your character name. Let me know! Thanks!!
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Post by tornnomar »

Met tonight in game braving the Siege of Neverwinter at level 13!

I'm glad you came to NOR and I look forward to seeing you ingame more.
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
Mallicieux
Recruit
Realm: Dungeons & Dragons

Post by Mallicieux »

Yeah. I can't seem to keep myself out of trouble.
Crux
Recruit

Post by Crux »

I am also from the original Everquest played from beta onward on the Veeshan server. I was lucky enough to be part of the world first Lady Voxx kill still one of my fondest gaming memories! Glad to have you!

Return to “"The Tavern"”