<SWTOR> NOR's new server: The Star Forge!

Intisar
Duke
Duke
Realm: RIFT

<SWTOR> NOR's new server: The Star Forge!

Post by Intisar »

On Wednesday, November 8, the United Forces Game Update goes live and the eight current North American servers will consolidate into two mega-servers.

NOR’s current server Ebon Hawk will be absorbed into the new Star Forge server!

What does this mean for NOR?

If everything goes according to plan, nothing should change. The Republic and Sith guild and guild ship should remain as they are and we can resume playing as normal!

What does this mean for my characters on Ebon Hawk?

Hopefully very little. Your characters, equipment, strongholds should all be as you left them. We should all be prepared for name changes however since the Star Forge is will consist of five other servers. Bioware has stated the basics of how they will determine who gets to keep their name when there is a collision:
  • Premium players (Subscribers) will have priority over Free-to-Play and Preferred Status players.
  • Highly played characters will have priority over characters with less play time.
What does this mean for my characters on other servers?

If your characters were on the servers Jedi Covenant, Shadowlands, Ebon Hawk, Prophecy of the Five and Jung Ma they will all be teaming up on the Star Forge.

You are of course welcome to bring in any characters who were previously on another server into NOR. Remember that anyone of rank Knight and above can invite alts into the guild. Two reminders:
  • When asking for an invite, please ask first from a character already in NOR before switching to the alt, or ask in the “holonet” chat channel of Discord. There are instances of scammers attempting to trick their way into guilds falsely using names of established members in order to steal from the guild banks. Sadly, we must be a little cautious.
  • When inviting an alt, please remember to edit their member note to let everyone know who their main is. If you cannot set them to their full rank, feel free to pester an officer to do it!
The second North American server be called Satele Shan and will be formed from the Harbinger, Begeren Colony and Bastion servers. NOR has no official presence over there.

What does this mean for my Legacy?

If you have multiple legacies merging, the legacy with the highest level will become the legacy for all your characters on the new server. Achievements will be merged. Decoration lists and strongholds will be combined. If you’ve unlocked multiple strongholds across multiple servers, you will have extra versions of each stronghold on the new server even if you exceed the cap of 10 strongholds, however if you have more than 10 strongholds, you won’t be able to unlock any new strongholds until going under the cap.

Your Legacy family tree will be reset, so if you enjoyed putting one of those together, you’ll need to start over. I’ll be taking a screen shot of mine to help restore it!

Here is the link to the official BIoware post on the mergers with addition information:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002

We’ll be seeing each other on the Star Forge in just a few days! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
Intisar
Duke
Duke
Realm: RIFT

Re: <SWTOR> NOR's new server: The Star Forge!

Post by Intisar »

The Star Forge is up and running! The patch took the better part of the day, but the merge seems to have gone pretty smoothly.

I have heard that folks with multiple legacy banks full of stuff might have run into some glitches with the combination of all their stored items, so if you had stocked legacy banks across two or more servers, watch out for that!

Looking through the guild list, I saw fewer names tagged for changing that I expected. Mainly folks who haven't logged on in a long time, and a few low level characters. I think where conflict occurred between subscribers with the same names, the higher level character won out.

Otherwise, the guild ships are were we parked them and everything else seems to be in working order.

I logged on very late last night and there were 4 instances of fleet. I haven't seen things this popping since launch!

The event to earn the Darth Hexid companion is up an running. And if anyone wants some company in the flashpoint or warzone queue, let us know!
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Re: <SWTOR> NOR's new server: The Star Forge!

Post by Sofija »

Glad to hear it's gone smoothly. Hope the merger leads to more NOR members!

Return to “Game Updates”