House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

what is NOR TableTop?

Post by Tundrra »

TableTop formally known as "pen, paper and PC".

The classic D&D experience topic has popped up in the NORforums every couple years without fruition of groups forming, but here is some good news.

Since around September 2016 a NOR group has started a weekly RPG night and it has been a ton of fun! So a huge thanks to Lasarian and Talolan for getting me motivated to play. It has taken a lot of work and effort to get multiple time zones and schedules coordinated but we have successfully had several great gaming sessions and we are in the middle of a awesome campaign. Now we want to make it easier for new members to get involved.

The list of interested players is continuing to grow which is very exciting, however our group size can only be so big:( So if anyone does want to attempt to start another night of gaming I can offer some advise on how we are running things, offer tons of ready to go content and help get the word out to interested parties in order to fill a group.

First off here is the set up we are currently using:
  • The game we are playing is D&D 5e. (However any game works)
  • We have a ton of modules all prepped and ready to go, here is a list
  • For the visuals: roll20.net is what we are using for the UI. (However FantasyGrounds also works)
    - both company's have a deal with Wizards of the West Coast for official premade content, which really speeds things up for your DM:)
    - Both support Ingame group webcam video and voice chat.
    - Both roll your dice and do the addition to speed up combat so you can focus on story.
    - I have been impressed with Roll20's character sheets, it is full of some great macros when using your abilities and skill checks
  • For audio we use Discord due to the push to talk feature, mobility and keeps us unified with the other guild games.
  • Building your Characters, we use dndbeyond
  • For coordination, recaps and harassing fellow party members throughout the week we have a Discord group set up.
  • The group consists of our DM and 6 adventurers. Then we have a couple players we call on when we are short. We have players RSVP the day before so we know if we need to find someone to fill in.
  • Check the status of our current gameshere in our spoiler journal.
  • The biggest and most important thing you need is a DM, some one who researches the campaign, is prepared, confident in the story each week and is realiable in showing up, while we adventurers fumble around in the dark dungeons:p
I hope our little gaming society can help others connect over the World Wide Web and play the games of yesteryear in a digital age!
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Kermit
Count
Count
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Re: D&D pen, paper and PC

Post by Kermit »

It had been since version advanced D&D since I last played... I move away from my group, went to school, split... always wanted to go back..

The virtual tools are amazing, and to interact with fellow NORs is awesome!
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter

Post by Talolan »

I'm having fun. Just as an FYI I'll be a much better DM on the next adventure I run. Mainly because I can't do role-play voices for goblins, bugbears and the like but I'm all over the next one.

I've played in many campaigns as a player, but roleplaying 40 different NPCs is harder than I thought it would be. :)
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

I have been having a blast, despite computer/wifi/wtf problems ;p. Fortunately for me, our DM and fellow adventurers have been more than patient with me! I highly recommend giving this type of adventure a go! I don't think Wednesday night can get here fast enough!
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

We currently have 6 players and 1 DM (me).

We're always looking for more, could split into two distinct parties.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Post by Tundrra »

Talolan wrote:We currently have 6 players and 1 DM (me).

We're always looking for more, could split into two distinct parties.
I am DM'ing the next storyline, and we have a few others that have expressed interest and even one who has made a toon and is ready to go. The biggest thing is adding at least one more DM so we can rotate out that position over 2 game sessions.
*NOR/LD-High Council
Mallicieux
Recruit
Realm: Dungeons & Dragons

Post by Mallicieux »

Howdy,

I'm a new member here. My introduction is posted in the Tavern.

I am playing D&D Adventurers League both tabletop at a local game store and on Roll20. I have also done a one off on Fantasy Grounds. I like Roll 20 better. The campaign I joined on Roll20 is on Twitch & YouTube.

I would love to join up.

I currently am a Level 5 Wood Elf Ranger working through Storm King's Thunder, but open to other classes or rerolling if needed.

I look forward to playing with you all.
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

Personally, I want to switch to us having two adventuring parties doing two different things, but right now I'm the only DM we have. Tundrra is going to do some short-adventures and one-shots to break up our main campaign so I don't have to DM all the time.

What we really need now, is a second 'full time' DM so we can break up our party, and other interested players.

As it is now, our party is 6 and we have a couple backups ready to go. 6 is already more than I'd like for the party size, but it is hard to say no to people.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004

Re: what is NOR TableTop?

Post by Tundrra »

I have revised the post a bit, added some links and information.
*NOR/LD-High Council

Return to “The Yawning Portal”