Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Druid Guides & Discussion

Post by Zyera »

I found a great video to help explain Druid healing mechanics. Even if you don't play a Druid, it's great to understand how our healing works so you can get healing too! I also added in some guides and reddit posts I have found. Feel free to discuss Druids here too!

Image Druid Healing Mechanics Video

Image Guides
Reddit/Wiki Posts
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Fana
Baroness
Baroness
Record: newoutriders.org/guildroster/profile_member.php?urlMemberID=2390

Re: Druid Guides & Discussion

Post by Fana »

Thank you Zy! This is certainly helpful. I didn't know that you could heal with all of the staff skills (even if it's not a lot, like skill 1). I think I'll really like druid, very different from other healing classes I've played. And I'll have to start bringing my fern hound along with me in groups!
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Fana wrote:Thank you Zy! This is certainly helpful. I didn't know that you could heal with all of the staff skills (even if it's not a lot, like skill 1). I think I'll really like druid, very different from other healing classes I've played. And I'll have to start bringing my fern hound along with me in groups!
Glad I could help! There's certainly lots of different healing builds to use since it really depends on what the group requires. GW2 originally didn't have raids, so technically there were no real healers like this as everyone was kinda responsible for themselves in a sense (everyone could heal, everyone usually had some sort of defensive buffs, etc). With the added of Elite Specs it was easier to add healing mechanics into the game. Even so, it's definitely different healing than other games I have played as well (not 1 spell I can spam for consistent healing on 1 target, etc.)

Ele's can also be healers, which was the reason why I first my Zyera an ele back then because I loved being able to help support others but now there are some specs for them to heal as well! :D

Fana
Baroness
Baroness
Record: newoutriders.org/guildroster/profile_member.php?urlMemberID=2390

Post by Fana »

Zyera wrote:
Fana wrote:Thank you Zy! This is certainly helpful. I didn't know that you could heal with all of the staff skills (even if it's not a lot, like skill 1). I think I'll really like druid, very different from other healing classes I've played. And I'll have to start bringing my fern hound along with me in groups!
Glad I could help! There's certainly lots of different healing builds to use since it really depends on what the group requires. GW2 originally didn't have raids, so technically there were no real healers like this as everyone was kinda responsible for themselves in a sense (everyone could heal, everyone usually had some sort of defensive buffs, etc). With the added of Elite Specs it was easier to add healing mechanics into the game. Even so, it's definitely different healing than other games I have played as well (not 1 spell I can spam for consistent healing on 1 target, etc.)

Ele's can also be healers, which was the reason why I first my Zyera an ele back then because I loved being able to help support others but now there are some specs for them to heal as well! :D
Yeah! I kind of like the differences though (besides the fact that it's harder haha), something nice and new to play with. And yes, I used my automatic-80 on an Ele and am really liking her! She will probably be one I focus on DPS with, but healing is certainly something I can try out.
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Recent discussion on Druids. Though, some might be outdated info soon when the re-balancing patch comes in.

Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

--> https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/com ... s_for_all/
Ranger: The healing nerf to Celestial Avatar doesn't have a big impact on healing overall. Groups that ran offensive healers before can still do so. The rotation for Condition Druid and Ranger changed slightly and ended up being a small dps increase

Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Druid Updates

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/com ... ass_guide/

Druids have seen a few changes in the latest balance patch such as changes to Grace of the Land. With these changes, Druids become more of a boon bot. The link above is a guide and discussion of Druid gear and place in Raids.

Keep note that we do have a balance patch coming in a few weeks, and we might see Druid changes again.

:hailnor

Return to “Raider's Aerodrome”