Group Comp Discussion (old)

Ismene (Quirk)
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: Recruit: 9/26/15, Squire: 10/16/15, Baroness: 4/10/16

Re: Group Comp Discussion (Read Me!)

Post by Ismene (Quirk) »

I'm in the same boat as Elyon. I'm interested but not sure I'm ready. I'm happy to be a backup as I'm still not entirely sure how much time I could commit to a weekly raid. I'm available Fridays from 7 on, most Saturdays, and Sunday afternoons until about 8pm ET.

Characters:

1.) Fribble (druid) needs some work in terms of build - I'm very aware of this, I just haven't hammered down her "forever" spec yet (and am very happy picking one that will compliment whatever else we have, be it full DPS or an off-healer - right now I'm specced as an off-healer but not as efficiently as I could be). Once we have a good idea of what we need, I'll pick a Metabattle spec and stick with it, and gear more accordingly.

Right now she's a work in progress as I get geared, she's mainly in what might be a weird mix of Berserker stuff with healing runes. She has 2 ascended rings, an ascended trinket and an amulet - working on the back piece and getting LW up high enough that I can start making ascended gear. She's staff/bow for now although I do have another staff I keep if more healing is needed. (Also I just realized I need to replace her aquabreather which I'll do this weekend... :oops )

2.) Sunny Delighted (mesmer) is still getting through his elite build - I'm working on grabbing HPs for him, he's about halfway through the spec. His gear is also exotics with an ascended ring, amulet and trinket thrown into the mix. Right now he is specced following this Chronomancer build guide from Metabattle for Utility DPS (as close as I can get while he gets through with the elite spec HPS).

He's sword/shield, scepter/sword and I feel like I'm getting a fairly good handle on phantasms and shatters. I've tried him out with this build in fractals and feel pretty comfortable with him, although if there is a better build to suit the raid I'd be happy to use that. I should be finished with his complete spec by next week.

I would probably rather play Sunny than Fribble but am willing to bring what is needed to round out the group. :bouncy
Guild Wars 2: Quirk.8056
Image Fribble Image (And too many more to count!)

SWTOR: The Kos Legacy
Windemere
Duke
Duke

Post by Windemere »

Sofija wrote:Just for comparison sake, here's Sofija. You can let me know if she's closer, though like I said, she is NOT giving up her hammer :D

https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Sofija%20Solburg
Yeah, if you want to bring the warrior, you'd really need to focus on the Phalanx Warrior setup (sorry, no hammer). Hammer guardians have some nice DPS though. ;) I would say if you want to be available for filling in a raid spot, then having a Revenant Herald ready to go would be the most useful of the two.
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
Zyera
Lady
Lady
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

I've been noticing people posting the wrong share link for their characters for https://gw2efficiency.com/

No worries! The share link is towards the bottom and can be hard to see. I made the same mistake!

Steps:
  • Login/Create an account
  • Account --> Characters
  • After selecting which character you wish to share, go to the bottom lefthand side and make sure the "Equipement" & "Build" box is checked
  • Then use that bottom link (NOT your current URL - "account" should not be in the link) that says "share" It should look similar to this: https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Lunatta
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Sofija
Baron
Baron
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Post by Sofija »

Windemere wrote: Yeah, if you want to bring the warrior, you'd really need to focus on the Phalanx Warrior setup (sorry, no hammer). Hammer guardians have some nice DPS though. ;) I would say if you want to be available for filling in a raid spot, then having a Revenant Herald ready to go would be the most useful of the two.
The way I see Sofija and Hermod is that Sof will primarily be Fractals and Dungeons while I try to focus Hermod towards raiding. Sof's hammer is too much a part of who she is and taking it away from would be like telling her she couldn't drink ale anymore. :D I fully understand that hammer is not viable for raiding. I only threw her stats in for comparison to see if she was closer so I could have an idea of where my two 80s stood. The closest other character I have is Rolinda, my ranger, at 42 so it will be a while before I have anyone else ready. Any advice towards gearing and such for Hermod would be greatly appreciated and will be rewarded with cookies from Jesianna :D
(Who, btw, desperately wants those two to finally tie the knot :D)
Elyon
Knight
Knight
House: Unicorn
Record: GW2:
~Recruited 5/2/16~
~Squired 5/10/16~
~Knighted 8/8/16~

BDO family name: Evanura

Post by Elyon »

Zyera
Lady
Lady
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

ElyonLannister wrote:https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Elyon%20Lannister

Is this correct? Heh. :bunny
Yep! :)
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Valikk
Duke
Duke
Record: Recruited by Zyera
Recruit - 04/22/2012
Squire - 07/29/2012
Knight - 05/21/2013
DMG; KP - 07/20/2013
Champion - 10/24/2013
DMG; DM - 03/19/2014
Baron - 03/19/2014
Count - 07/24/2016
Duke - 10/10/2017

Post by Valikk »

Nivayla - Engineer

I currently have a condi Viper built engineer, with ascended weapons and trinkets. I am still working on getting the right runes and sigils, I could just buy them but I want to be able to craft them so I'm working towards that along with an ascended back. Secondly, I am also leveling a Warrior that I will have for raids, but he is still in the leveling process but will be using the Phalanx build, thus will allow me to craft the Berserker Runes. Plus I also have a Guardian that will be ready at the same time since both the Guardian and the Warrior use practically the same gear!

Engineer Link: https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Nivayla

Times for me are really negotiable, but here in the near future, the only days that won't work will be Tuesdays and Thursdays for me. Judging by our current planned events, and the days that seem to harbor the most people, Fridays may be a good option for Raid day.

Edit: For some strange reason my boots aren't showing up in the link.

SWTOR - Witherbane Legacy
GW2 - Valikk.3810
Anjelicus
Squire
Squire

Post by Anjelicus »

Anjelicus wrote:Hey all, Ive got a Herald who is raid ready for at least Tier 1, and ive got exp on all 3 bosses in Tier one as well. As far as availability im basucally available almost any time (recently un-employed heh). I have been devoting most of my play time on finishing up the Legendary Quest lines for Bolt and the precursor armor.

https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Anjelicus
ErnieAxeman
Knight
Knight

Post by ErnieAxeman »

Wanted to update my characters here.

First is my DPS elementalist. Zerk with some vitality to stay alive. I play staff in a raid situation.

https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Winddawn

Second is my Chronotank. I am playing with the spec and using vigilant with zerkers instead of commanders since I can't seem to get that spec for reasonable cost.

https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Jean%20Farlone
Cheese
Baron
Baron

Post by Cheese »

So I'm still brand new here, but figured I'd put my info in.

I've got everything @ 80 and all elite specs fully unlocked, all non-raid HoM masteries completed except Nuhoch Alchemy. I'm fairly flexible on what I play if it'll help... though depending on the class, atm I may need a day or 2 notice so I can remember how they work... =D Atm I only have ascended light armor.

My most practiced toon atm is my necro: https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Deviled%20Eggs

I've got full light viper armor, back piece and scepter, [strike]rest of trinkets and dagger are exotics still (pending more bloodstone fens grinding) - I'd read that until duration cap exotic viper > ascended sinister, though I can't find the post corroborating =) Have a Sinister neck, and have been eyeing LS2 achieves as well as I'm short on mastery points to finish out last 2 central tyria masteries.[/strike] Full Ascended!

Also have full ascended setup for light armor zerker (armor and all trinkets but one accessory), greatsword, dagger, axe, sword, hammer, warhorn. I'm fine with working towards others if a diff toon will be a help.

Return to “Raider's Aerodrome”