Star Wars Legacy Series

Open discussion for members and visitors.
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Star Wars Legacy Series

Post by Sofija »

To all NORbies who are Star Wars fans (not just the ones playing SWTOR :D ). Has or does anyone read the old EU books or comics? Haven't read any since Middle School and those were a couple of the old Han Solo books. Been wanting to get into some of the lore a bit more and looking for a good starting point outside of the Thrawn Trilogy (which I do want to read). Does anyone have any good recommendations?

:hailnor
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Re: Star Wars Legacy Series

Post by Tundrra »

I loved the thrawn stuff:)

But the short stories were fun. Tales of jabba's palace.

However I did read they are about to mass produce a bunch of new material to fill in the 30yr gap bewteen episode vi and Vii
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Knight - August 24, 2014

Post by Sofija »

Something like 20 books :shocked Though most of those won't be full novels of course (mostly kids books, along with art books, making of, etc.) Want to check out the first one. Sounds interesting. Most interested though in the stories outside the movies, like Old Republic or, if concurrent, have no relation to the main characters like what was going on on Mandalore or such. Those I find more interesting than what, say Luke or Vader, were doing between the movies. It's the lore (though mostly killed now by Disney) around Star Wars I'm most curious about. Too many planets and characters are popping up in SWTOR who have rich back stories but I have little or no idea who or what they are except what I read on Wikipedia.
Soulfinger
Squire
Squire
Realm: RIFT

Post by Soulfinger »

I have read a few books - one Han Solo one but also found a graphic novel from the 70s which was released in between Star Wars and Empire. One thing I found about the Han Solo book was that it pretty much ignored the larger picture - no mention of the empire (except as people looking for Solo) or of the Rebellion. It was really an adventure story of the "life of a treasure hunter". It was actually more like Indiana Jones in space.
SWTOR Republic - Poobah (60 Guardian), Fece (60 Scoundrel)
SWTOR Imperial - Soulfinger (60 Sorcerer), Solsismic (51 Powertech), Isith (50 Marauder), Sinet (20 Operative)

Free Tadziki? Yah! --Treek.
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Knight - August 24, 2014

Post by Sofija »

Yeah, I read one or two of those Han Solo books. As a 12 year old obsessed with Star Wars (and Indiana Jones :) ) they were great books, though they probably don't hold up to well. Might go and see if there's at least an iBook version available. Missed the Dark Horse sale they had on all their Star Wars comics as the license moved back to Marvel :( Saw the sale but was overwhelmed by how many there were I didn't know were to start.
Ryykal
Squire
Squire
Record: Recruited: 11/17/2014
Squired: 12/20/2014

Post by Ryykal »

The Republic Commando series by Karen Travis, based off a game with the same name, follows a squad of clone troopers through the clone wars and the beginning of the empire just after Order 66 is a pretty good read. Be warned if you check it out that the author doesn't plan to write the last couple books due to disputes with publishers and changes in the official cannon at the time
Ryykal- Operative (Healer)
Harriss- Commando (Healer)
Ryykas- Sawbones (Healer)
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Knight - August 24, 2014

Post by Sofija »

Might check those out. Thanks :)
BTW: That's not the protagonist from P3 as your avatar is it? The Megaten games and their spinoffs are my favorite RPG series of all time :D
Ryykal
Squire
Squire
Record: Recruited: 11/17/2014
Squired: 12/20/2014

Post by Ryykal »

Indeed it is, I recently got into persona and the MegaTen games, unfortunately due to lack of money I'm forced to resort to merely watching lps online instead of playing them myself. The book series is still worth looikng into even if it will go unfinished, when Karen Travis still wrote star wars she excelled at writing for mandalorians and their culture.
Ryykal- Operative (Healer)
Harriss- Commando (Healer)
Ryykas- Sawbones (Healer)
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Knight - August 24, 2014

Post by Sofija »

Picked up Vol. 1 of the Old Republic omnibus comics. Also picked up the first of the Thrawn Trilogy and "Dynasty of Evil" set in the Old Republic. Started reading that one, not bad :)

Return to “General”